That oh so beautiful angelic skinhead....

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: That oh so beautiful angelic skinhead....
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Star on Tuesday, May 30, 2000 - 05:22 pm:

Sinead O'Connor,"no man's woman"... excuse my spelling, because I am on heavy medication, and my eye lids are not the same today. Anyway, I saw this video the other day, opening up in a beautiful church, decorated for a magnificint wedding, and the bride, this stunningly radiant woman with hair just down past her sholders. She starts singing about not wanting to be married, and proceeds to yank off her veil, and run for the door. the video is kinda hard to explain from then on, but the close-ups of her face told me it was her before she tore off the wig to reveal her bristly little hairs sticking off of her head. I enjoyed the independant feel of the song, and remembering how much "Nothing Compares to You" makes me cry, I could not help but hum along. I found myself in tears while realizing that she was happy with being "no man's woman", and I am totaly lonely, and miserable with out one, and I don't even know why this is. It is not that she doesn't want one, or need one, or like one, it is just that she is happier with out one.I found myself huming it all day, and all night, and it helped me move through my single life-style. So now, to all you people who are single, and loving it, I hate you for being happy, I know this is wrong, but it is true.

By agatha on Tuesday, May 30, 2000 - 07:45 pm:

she's not happy. she has tried to commit suicide multiple times.

By Sheila on Tuesday, May 30, 2000 - 10:16 pm:

multiple suicide attempts are not necessarily a manifestation of unhapiness.

By Dougie on Tuesday, May 30, 2000 - 10:30 pm:

Yes, maybe she's very happy in attempting to commit suicide multiple times and failing.

By Sorabji on Tuesday, May 30, 2000 - 10:31 pm:

i am

By Dougie on Tuesday, May 30, 2000 - 10:38 pm:

One man's hobby...

By moonit on Tuesday, May 30, 2000 - 11:06 pm:

I always like the Prince formerly known as the Artist formerly known as Prince's version of that song.

By Smurfette on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 12:32 am:

i was just giving myself the i don't need anyone pep talk. i was starting to believe it. i love the feeling of my bitterness as i wallow.

i've used the words "i love you" with three people. one of which i believed to be true. i never want to say it again. my stomach hurts.

By mistaswine on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 12:38 am:

fuck you all.

i am the king of pain.

By cyst on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 12:50 am:

prince wrote the song.

By Isolde on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 12:55 am:

Oh...I'm suffering from Prince withdrawel.

By J on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 02:27 am:

You mean you are not parting like it's 1999? Anyone have a lion in their pocket? Anyone going down?

By J on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 02:32 am:

party-ing,oh parting is more like it when it gets down to it.

By Princeless Isolde on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 09:25 pm:

J--what can I say...gett off.
    My friend Sara made a mix tape of every single cut of that song she could find. I love it.
    The entire gold experience...yum.
    Pussy Control...
    I need Prince.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact