RONNIE JAMES DIO

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: RONNIE JAMES DIO
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By OFC on Sunday, June 4, 2000 - 08:00 pm:

I am listening to Rainbow, with Ronnie James Dio. the song is "A Light in the Black". I like Rainbow, heck I like Dio, heck I like Elf and even the time Ronnie was with Sabbath... and I would consider myself a true Sabbath fan. I like Ronnie, he has hair like a girl I use too know. She had a baby. I hope the baby has hair like Dio. They didn't name him Ronnie though. I don't think she knows about or likes Ronnies music. Ronnie James Dio is a nice guy in real life + he is getting old. People do not give Ronnie enough respect. He is being forgotten. Lets not forget Ronnie, lets say a little prayer for him. I don't pray, but I say things like "please let this end" etc. Whoo else could sing of Warlocks and Dragons, Castles and Kings, yeah, Ronnie was great. Tooo bad I hadn't just listened to him back when i was in junior high. I was too cool. I liked the fixx and Michael Jackson. Later I liked everything but metal. Soon I'd be a punk. I think i was real. Who knows, its up to you, later I only listened to acoustic music, then I only listened to electronic music. I shot heroin from a dirty spoon and absorbed myself in techno and then vegan fishing, tents and hippie crack, two stroke engines during the late eighties and alchohol through out the early nineties. I am lucky, I am still young looking, just like Ronnie. I always liked Sabbath. And then everything changed one day. It is the year 2000 and I LOVE Dio. Ronnie, is one of my favorite musicians. He is up there in my top ten, right there with Ian Curtis and Skip Spence. Yes, Ronnie's music follows me throughout my life. The first two Rainbow albums are worth checking out. Then, you can check out Holy Diver. It's OK, I am going to Hell.

By semillama on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 01:26 pm:

Got his new album?

By patrick on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 02:07 pm:

Ronnie James Dio? WTF? He shamed Black Sabbath and that was enough for me.

By semillama on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 03:37 pm:

I didn't say I liked him.

Being devoted to Iron Maiden, myself.

Although there is something soothing about making the heavy metal hand gesture while saying
    "DI-OOOOOOOOOO!!!"

By OverTheHill on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 04:28 pm:

Rainbow was one of the classic "Heavy Metal" band of the 70s. Dio was an excellent front man for that Band....I used to wear a denim jacket with Rainbow Risin's cover painted on the back. His solo's were good but Sab is not Sab w/o OZ.
    Also, check out early Dio in a band called Elf that also deatured a guy from NYC named David Feinstein who kicked ass in the early eightees as lead guitar player for the Rods.
    Who remember's Wishbone Ash, Atomic Rooster, Hawkwind, UFO, Head East, Status Quo etc.

By dave on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 05:06 pm:

your momma remembers.

By patrick on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 05:33 pm:

By patrick on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 05:39 pm:

what the hell it was just there.......

try this

if that doesn't work fuck it.....

By Nate on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 06:37 pm:

fuck it.

By OverTheHill on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 01:14 pm:

Fuck You dave.

and you too Nate.

Bye.

By J on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 01:33 pm:

Overthehill,chill man this is sorabji,I,ve heard of Wishbone Ash.Ever hear of the Soft Machine?

By semillama on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 06:24 pm:

If you don't have thick skin, then you have no business surfing the internet.

Sooner or later you're gonna git yer panites all scrunched up.

By Nate on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 06:50 pm:

shit man, that's about the nicest i've ever treated a new person.

i wasn't even talking to him. i was taking to patrick.

By patrick on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 08:25 pm:

thats the beauty you motherfucker!

By semillama on Thursday, June 8, 2000 - 12:53 pm:

By DFGDSFGS on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 05:37 am:

I LOVE RONNIE, IU AM REALLY DRUNK AND WASTED AND I LOVE RONNIEES MUSIC. FUCKJ THOSE THAT TALK SHIT ABOUT RONNIE CAUSE THEY DONT KNOW FUCK OF COURSE RONNIE WA IN ELF FAGGOT, HE WAS BEST IN DIO, RAINBOW IN THE DARK WAS THE BEST. YOU HAVE TO BE A BUTT SURFER TO NOT REALIZE THE FAGGOT SAID HE KNOEW ABOUT THE ELF FAG, WHAT IS YOU SHIT BALL FUCKER FAGGIN QUEER, ARE YOU A WIZARD OR A WITCH MAYBE YOUR A LESBIAN WITCH OR A SORCERER BRINGING YOUNG BOYS HOME TO YOUR PEDPHILE NIGGER FAGGOT QUEER SUCKER BALLLICKER SHIT EATER HOT CARL MUNCHER, GIVE ME A LITTLE SHIT FOR MY BITCH SHES A CUNT WHORE SLOBBERER

By Cat on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 07:33 am:

Can someone translate please.

By babel fish on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 11:13 am:

"i'm an idiot."

By Czarina on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 08:55 pm:

Correction to the above post:
    "I am the village idiot".

By Jay on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 10:32 pm:

christ!
    there was a discussion in here somewhere concerning our favorite obscenities.
    i think i'll add "Hot Carl Muncher" to mine.
    whatever the fuck that means.

By Biro on Sunday, June 25, 2000 - 07:00 pm:

will someone get out the dictionary and translate that weird person who is obviously homophobic and definately needs another beer, if only to pass out. Maybe a frontal lobotomy is in order. Nah, think he already had one.

By Biro on Sunday, June 25, 2000 - 07:14 pm:

adding insult to injury, please use small caps - shouting just hurts our eardrums and sensibilites....... but you would not know about that as you obviously have none to begin with. Peace Brother............ and dont forget to send in your donation to the Gay rights march.

By Cat on Sunday, June 25, 2000 - 07:20 pm:

I kinda like "whore slobberer"...Nothing like an insult involving bodily fluids.

By Jay on Sunday, June 25, 2000 - 09:13 pm:

whore slobberer, hot carl muncher.
    i think what makes them so great is that they make absolutely no sense.
    i mean what the hell is a whore slobberer.
    anyone can say motherfucker.
    i figure if you have to cuss you might as well make it entertaining and not the same old shit.

By J on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 03:02 am:

So get down here and slob on my nob,oops, nevermind.

By Pug on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 05:08 am:

Okay....I think I'm going to officially and legally change my name to "Carl Muncher"....
    I'm sitting here w/my buddies, Crimson & Pilate, who are munching each other's Carls as we speak....
    Actually, I like Ronnie, too, in small doses---the 1st 2 Rainbow albs were good stuff and his work w/Sabbath was noteworthy---yeah, I know it wasn't "Master of Reality", but it was still great. "Neon Knights" all the way.
    Dude needs to take a stress tab, tho----he doesn't do justice to ANY musical genre w/so much concentrated homophobia/racism/stupidity. Morons were why I walked away from being a Metal Head in the Mid '80's to begin with.....

By crimson on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 05:11 pm:

hey, pilate & i weren't munching each other's carls. bite your tongue. pilate says he hasn't munched a carl since he was in catholic school.

i have nothing worthwhile to add about dio here. except, perhaps, that pat boone's cover of "holy diver" can be pretty funny when you're sufficiently wrecked...but not nearly as funny as his cover of "crazy train", which is enough to make your fucking head explode.

By semillama on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 07:03 pm:

no...no...must never hear that...

Although the album by the irish Elvis impersonator, covering songs by dead rock stars, is pretty good actually, especially "Come as You Are" and "Whole Lotta Rosie."

By Czarina on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 04:29 am:

I think my neighbor might be a "butt surfer",I saw him with 2 butts strapped to his feet-------------looked like he was heading to the beach,picnic basket,suntain oil,beach towel.All the makings of a fun,family day at the beach.

By Kirill of Ukraine on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 05:08 am:

Everybody who doesnt understand music should shut the hell up and be quiet about Dio!!! I'm all the way from Ukraine, and im glad I got to this page and caught the discussion. Dio is unarguably one of THE VOICES of ROCK,and unless you're a shitty ass punk or a techno shit you got to realize it! its been 4 years since yall had this page on, but hell, this is Dio, he's worth of a new discussion! This is true rock we;re talking about, people

By Kirill Of Ukraine on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 05:11 am:

Come on, bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Kirill Of Ukraine on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 05:11 am:

Come on, bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact