Bach's Tocatta and Fugue in D-minor

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Bach's Tocatta and Fugue in D-minor
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Wavydave on Monday, July 31, 2000 - 09:16 pm:

all this talk of Tubas has me thinking of attempting a multi-track recording....

By Mavis on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 12:05 am:

so wavy, have you heard any of that wacky macedonian low brass music?

what about the dirty dozen?

By Wavy on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 12:13 am:

I did a search on Macedonian wedding music but I haven't heard the low brass track yet. I'm at work, so I can't check into it too deeply - it might annoy my co-workers. I'll have to try it from home, or bring in my headphones...

By Mavis on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 01:11 pm:

it is so good.
    very well done
    crazy sounding.
    it is perfect music for accompanying antics and parades of all types.

my roommate has maybe 10 cds of a couple different bands. if my cd burner ever arrives, i will too!

also, i will try to remember the names of the musicians i'm thinking of....

By Mavis on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 01:29 pm:

By Jay on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 03:27 pm:

golly, ya'll gone off and started speakin' french on me. creepers!

lately i've been digging that really mad jazz piano sound. like where the piano player is just all over the place. i don't know the names of any songs but i put on the jazz station and wait for the piano to kick in.
    I like the fact that jazz is a relatively lesser known musical style and it kicks such serious ass.

By Louis Lee on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 01:46 pm:

For Bach's Tocatta and Fugue in D-minor, I prefer Leopold Stokowski's transcription much more than the original organ edition. His live recording of this work in 1972 with Czech Philharmonic Orchestra I think is the best version.

Louis from Hong Kong

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact