EVERYBODY WAS KUNG FU FIGHTING

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: EVERYBODY WAS KUNG FU FIGHTING
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By CATHY on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 02:39 pm:

DO YOU KNOW THE WORDS TO THIS SONG?

By NATE on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 03:00 pm:

YES I DO. WHY ARE YOU SUCH A FUCKING CUNT?

By CRIMSON on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 03:04 pm:

here ya go. at least it's a close approximation. now will you please turn off the CAPS LOCK? thank you.

--------

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting,
    those jerks were fast as lightning
    In fact it was a little bit fright'ning,
    but they fought with expert timing
    There was funky China men from funky Chinatown
    They were trapping when up,
    they were trapping when down
    It's an ancient Chinese art,
    and everybody knew their part
    For my friend, ain't you a stiff,
    then I'm kickin' from the hip
    those kids were fast as lightning
    but they fought with expert timing
    There was funky Billie Jim and little Sammy John
    He said, here comes the big boss,
    let's get it on
    We took the bow and made a stand,
    started swaying with the hand
    A sudden motion made me stiff,
    now we're into a brandnew trip
    but they did it with expert timing

make sure you have expert timing
    Kung Fu fighting,
    had to be fast as lightning...

By crimson on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 03:10 pm:

actually, those lyrics sound seriously wrong to me in a few places, but i checked it against 3 different online sources...& we all know that everything posted on the internet is not only true, but the infallible word of god.

By agatha on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 03:43 pm:

jerks? i thought they said "cats".

By crimson on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 04:00 pm:

me, too.

By NATE on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 04:06 pm:

ME TOO. THANKS.

By SARAH on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 04:42 pm:

DO YOU HAVE THE TIME?

By NATE on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 05:06 pm:

NICE WEATHER WE'RE HAVING.

By nonnaihR on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 05:20 pm:

.spac lla ni gnitirw potS .sdoitI

By PARTY POSSE on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 05:22 pm:

YVAN EHT NIOJ!!!!!!!!!!!

By sarah on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 05:22 pm:

.SSA UOY UOY KCUF

By Antigone on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 05:31 pm:

Lyric Hound is a good source, though the search seems disabled at the moment...

By Hal on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 07:06 pm:

I think some of the sorabjites had either a really horrible incident yesterday with the earthquake and all...

Or someone's putting crack in their coffee.

By SARAH on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 08:42 pm:

I'M OFF COFFEE. all caffeine, even green tea. i'm also off alcohol, vicodin, valium, wheat. I FEEL GREAT. i've never been on crack. i'm not off chocolate. though i would like to be, i have limits.

By AGATHA on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 09:20 pm:

YOU CAN'T TAKE MY COFFEE AWAY.

By TBone on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 10:16 pm:

Be The Bean.

Oh yeah.

By Hal on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 10:26 pm:

You quit coffee... BLASPHEME!!!!!!!

Stone her, STONE HER NOW DAMNIT...

By pez on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 03:15 am:

"i'm gettin' stoned, now what's wrong with that? leave me alone."
    -content of the song "gettin' stoned" by that group...can't remember the name...they did "allstar" too...and "walkin' on the sun"...

bugger.

"gimme some more of that cherry cola...i need to wake up, and i need to now. please pass the cherry cola, before i piss in your face. i want cherry cola, it resurrects the ancestors."
    -possible translation of a chinese cherry coke commercial...or something i made up.

By Hal on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 03:21 am:

Who knows...

I still say STONE her.

By JusMiceElf on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 11:25 am:

Wow! Way to go Sarah. I've been off the coff for over a year now, ever since my pneumonia last winter. I haven't been able to give up green tea however...especially the yummy morroccan green tea at our little morrocan restaurant. Mmmm....green tea with fresh mint leaves, steamed eggs with meditarranean sauce and a portugese muffin is my breakfast of choice.

I gave up red meat and poultry in January, with only a couple of lapses since. It's fucking hard though, when I get institutional food for dinner four nights a week, and the non-meet options tend to be salad and frozen green beans. I have to remember to bring in Tasty Bites to work tonight, or I'll be hungry and cranky by nine o'clock.

By crimson on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 11:53 am:

i haven't had caffeine in over 1/2 a year. i was a total addict. i hate coffee & have always hated it (smells nice but tastes awful, & i've tried about a billion different types...it's all hideous to me). but i was a total soda freak. now on the rare occasions when i have soda, it's caffeine-free diet stuff (as if aspartame's any better for you than caffeine).

i also don't eat refined flour of any sort, nor dairy products or sugar, but i've already mentioned all that crap in other posts.

if modern science has figured out how to put a man on the moon, then why can't they come up w/ an artificial sweetener that doesn't taste like shit? enquiring minds want to know.

By crimson on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 12:15 pm:

PS:

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting, those cats were fast as lightning
    In fact it was a little bit frightening, but they fought with expert timing

There were funky China men from funky Chinatown
    They were trapping when up, they were trapping when down
    It's an ancient Chinese art, and everybody knew their part
    For my friend, ain't you a stiff, then I'm kickin' from the hip

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting, those kids were fast as lightning
    In fact it was a little bit frightening, but they fought with expert timing

There was funky Billy Chin and little Sammy Chong
    He said, here comes the big boss, let's get it on
    He took the bow and made a stand, started swaying with the hand
    A sudden motion made me stiff, now we're into a brandnew trip

In fact it was a little bit frightening, but they did it with expert timing

In fact it was a little bit frightening, make sure you have expert timing

Kung Fu fighting, had to be fast as lightning...

By pez on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 01:37 pm:

gimme some of that jackie chan, baby!

By sarah on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 01:54 pm:

crimson, have you tried sucralose, aka Splenda? i use it very sparingly because i fear anything with the words "artificial" and "food" in the same phrase. but it tastes just fine. good for hot cocoa.

By sarah on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 01:54 pm:

oh, and it's actually directly derived from sugar, though it's still artificial nonetheless. i use it maybe once a month or less.

By agatha on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 02:01 pm:

dave's been putting that shit on cleo's cereal in the morning. when i found that out, i nearly kicked his ass.

i am overtly distrustful of any fake sugar products. give me honey or raw sugar anyday.

By crimson on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 02:38 pm:

i'm not sure about sucralose...i know i can have stevia & litesse, though. i've been warned to stay away from anything ending in "ose" (including lactose, which is milk sugar). so dextrose & maltose are right out. i can't eat honey, either. some artificial sweeteners do have effects on blood sugar, which is what i have to watch out for. i can have aspartame in small quantities. i can't eat most diabetic candy, because it also has high carb counts, which is my other problem (carbs are a major source of insulin imbalance...why they advocate giving that crap to people w/ insulin problems, i'll never know).

believe me, there are days when i'd like to just sit down & eat an entire box of chocolate frosted krispy kreme donuts.

By Hal on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 02:51 pm:

Ok kids, here's a little story about sucrose...

First, the thing you all know, sucrose has been known to cause cancer in lab animals, then again what doesn't cause cancer in lab animals?

Second, you all know what WD-40 is right? Do you know what WD-40 stands for? (just hang with me this goes somewhere) WD-40 stands for Water Distillant try # 40. Which means there are 39 more Water Distillants before it. Wanna know what WD-10 is? Thats right boys and girls, sucrose.

Come back next week when we learn why jenny doesn't have a mom and a dad, but a mom and her life partner.<cut>

By Nate on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 03:35 pm:

honey is the only natural food that never goes bad. chalk one up for the bees.

By Cat on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 03:54 pm:

My honeypot is bad.

By sarah on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 03:55 pm:

i was at the health food store last night buying up mass quantities of figs (which by the way are higher on the glycemic index than table sugar...) and dates and raisins and raw nuts, and i stumbled upon a bag of unprocessed sugar. i can't remember what it was called now, but it wasn't just "natural sugar", that brown granulated stuff you see in packets at coffee shops. this was raw sugar processed once, retaining many of its minerals and even some fiber i believe.

i'll try to find out what it is.

if you don't mind me asking... HOW MUCH WEIGHT HAVE YOU DROPPED SO FAR, CRIMSON? do you know? or how many sizes?

By SARAH on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 03:59 pm:

BY THE WAY, EVEN AS A LOW CARBOHYDRATE ADVOCATE, I MUST SAY THAT SUGAR DOES NOT KILL YOU OR MAKE YOU FAT, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR INSULIN PROBLEMS MAY BE. HOWEVER, *TOO MUCH* SUGAR WILL. THIS INCLUDES ALL FORMS OF CARBOHYDRATES.

CONSUME EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. EXCEPT CHOCOLATE.

"TO LENGTHEN YOUR THY LIFE, LESSEN THY MEALS." - BENJAMIN FRANKLIN (evil bastard)

THANK YOU AND GOOD DAY.

By crimson on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 04:13 pm:

at the zenith of my weight, i was rather plus-sized. i've worn 5X shirts before & took about a size 28 dress. while on the mardi gras jaunt, i wore a dress that was a size 12. so i guess i've lost some weight. i don't own scales or weigh myself on any regular basis (maybe a few times a year, if that). but i did get on a scale in front of a health food store, just for the hell of it. the scale must be fucked up, because if it's right, i've lost something bordering on 100 lbs.

By crimson on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 04:16 pm:

it's been a while since i've had any major weight loss. last time i lost weight, though, i was also plus-sized & got myself down to a size 5 during the course of one summer.

By sarah on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 05:06 pm:

why do you yo-yo so much or so often?

By crimson on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 05:18 pm:

it's not really all that often. i'm not exactly a yo-yo dieter. in fact, i loathe dieting & am only doing so now due to major health problems.

my weight used to fluctuate w/o any assistance. one month i'd be fat, the next month i'd be thin. i don't know why. at one point, when i was fat, i got badgered into losing weight. so i dropped 75 pounds. but later, i gained back over 100. now i'm losing weight again, but it's due to the low-carb, no-sugar gig. it melts the weight right off of you.

i do notice a difference in the way that i feel. but the hell of it is, i don't really mind being heavy-set (except for the bitch of finding clothes that fit). i mean, as long as i'm happy, my weight matters little to me. but i'm kinda grooving on the weight loss now, partially because i can wear "normal" clothing again. i also don't get winded & worn out as easily w/ physical exertion. & my weight was admittedly getting excessive. i have t-shirts that used to be tight on me & now they're like tents.

i do wish i could just eat any damn thing i please. i miss chinese & mexican food so much. but my health (& weight) would greatly suffer for it.

By patrick on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 05:55 pm:

cat is that why you've been bitchy lately?

the honeypot?

sugarfactory?

HEY....how's mavis doin?....miss her cutie patootie!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact