alicia keys

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: alicia keys
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nita on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 12:52 pm:

falling by alicia keys

love is pain you can't hide your love. love always take over

By Nate on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 02:41 pm:

hunger is pain you can't hide your hunger. hunger always take over.

i'm going to go get a carne asada burrito for lunch. they put this excellent taqueria right in my fucking 3000 people town. best burritos i've ever had north of san luis obispo. maybe even north of oceanside.

they have this roasted tomatillo salsa that makes my dick all hard and drippy.

i don't like the movie i made last night. i drank too much.

i have to pee.

By dave. on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 02:55 pm:

goddam that sounds good. i had a carne asada burrito yesterday and it fucking rocked my g.i. tract. this burrito wagon in south seattle makes the best carne asada. not shredded, not ground -- sliced thin and grilled with seasonings and then chopped fine. plus, you get the side of carrots and radishes and onions and jalapenos marinated in vinegar. i'm tempted to drive the 50 something miles to get another one.

By heather on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 03:41 pm:

i made tofu/veg stir fry

sex and body parts were not involved

By Christopher on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 05:09 pm:

Here in SF, there is a rolling taco stand that sets up shop in some of the not so nicer areas surrounding Potrero Hill. My friend Wade and I used to get baked out near the cemetaries in Colma (we liked the Chinese cemetary best. With all those red dragons, and gold streamers, the place is downright jolly), and then go hunting the elusive taco wagon. They would make these carne asada soft taco's that were served with limes. Those were the best taco's I ever had. It was a class act too, because the wagon was one of those modern aluminum rolling kitchens...Very clean looking, and the prices were unbelievably low. Quite often we would find them parked near an indoor rock climbing place, and we'd park, eat our tacos and watch the ambulances arrive to cart off some poor schmuck who fell off a wall and dislocated a shoulder...

By Antigone on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 05:36 pm:

I used to love eating barbacoa burritos from taco cabana. Now they only serve them during breakfast hours, and I ain't never fuckin' awake then.

By Nate on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 06:22 pm:

you ever eat at Gordo's, Christoper? i think that's the best place in the City to get a little fried swine and pintos wrapped in a tortilla. i think there's a few of them-- i can't remember where any are, though. maybe one near geary and the mid 20's ?

the best carne asada burrito in the bay area is half way between saratoga and santa cruz on hwy 9.

By Christopher on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 07:04 pm:

can't say I've tried it, Nate. I live on 22nd street in Noe Valley, and will occasionally make my way down to the mission for some good grub. Lately I've been into a sushi kind of thing, which ain't bad considering I haven't worked in almost two months. Alas. The poor slobs that are still laboring away until the bitter end will be shown the door with NO SEVERANCE WHATSOEVER. Ain't it groovy working in this field? Thank God I cashed out those stock options when they were worth something. I've actually been picking up a couple hundred bucks a month doing focus groups off of craigslist. You know the sandwiches that they serve at those things? I always bring a bag with me, and take every single one of them before I leave, and as many cans of soda that I can shove in my pockets. I've never been told to get my paws off the cold cuts. Unemployment has brought me back to a world without shame.

By Nate on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 09:10 pm:

i'd been dreaming about unemployment quite a bit before they shipped me off to the uk. but when i got back i moved to a window office, so that's good enough for now.

are you hunting?

there's a gordo's on 9th ave between lincoln and irving, and another on college near ashby.

By Christopher on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 03:12 am:

Why, yes, Nate...I am hunting. I always insisted that my job did not define who I am, but strangely, not having a job is somewhat defining in itself. I took a stroll down Folsom street a few weeks back, when the rains were torrential, and seemingly without end. I made a special trip to the offices of Social Services, and the labor department, merely to get a sense of what abject poverty was really all about. I was horrifed...Most of the people that I saw hanging around were completely out of their skulls. I would walk 10 feet and another wack job would appear to ask me for a cigarette. I wasn't even smoking. None of them asked me for money, just cigarettes. it was pretty depressing. I walked by the doors and looked inside, and there were dozens and dozens of people sitting in hard plastic chairs, waiting for God only knows what, all illuminated by harsh fluorescent lighting. I realized right about then, that no matter how soapy my self pity about being unemployed might get, there was no way that I would end up like that. that was about a month ago, and since then, I feel pretty good! I've avoided signing up with any agencies, and have been pounding out resumes daily. I have an interview in San Jose on Monday, and should have some more set up in the next couple of weeks. The holiday season is, thankfully, behind us, and a lot more listings are popping up. The specter of a life of prostitution barely ever enters my mind, and I'm confident that I will find gainful employment soon. If you know of any leads, I'm listening!

By the way, I think I DID eat at gordo's on 9th. Its been a while, but I know Ive eaten at most of the places in that area. San Francisco has so many great places to eat, they all tend to blur together. IF you want the definitive location for ass kicking Mexican food, that would be Roosevelts Tamale Parlour on 24th, toward Potrero Hill. It's ancient, poorly lit, and the food is delivered on platters the size of Manhole covers. Outstanding!

By Platypus on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 12:58 pm:

Los Gallitos.

Our resident excellent mexican resturant. Actually, La Bamba is even better ("burritos as big as your HEAD"), but Los Gallitos has more vegetarian stuff. Anyway, the word from the meat eaters around is that La Bamba has the best burritos with meat stuff in them. And they serve brain tacos, which I think is just great.

Furthermore, in the spring, they also serve testicle tacos.

By Nate on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 05:34 pm:

send me an email, Christopher. give me a rundown on your experience and what you're after.

By Czarina on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 11:19 am:

Virtually impossible to get good Mexican here.I have to cook my own,or cross over into Texas,for a culinary fiesta.

But,there is one place here,Ninfa's,[the mother resteraunt is in Texas],that serves edible Mexican,BUT,they make a kick ass snack thing,with the carrots,jalapino's and red peppers marinated in some kind of oil base.This stuff is soooooooo good,I just make a hog of myself.Most people don't eat it,I guess cause its so hot.But I can't stop.

Its so bad,that you wear your anus on the outside,by the next day.Butt its worth it.

By patrick on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 12:06 pm:

fuck im hungry.

By droopy on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 12:08 pm:

"los gallitos" means "the small cocks."

By J on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 12:14 pm:

Would grande gallitos mean big ones? This may come in handy someday.

By droopy on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 12:21 pm:

gallo grande

By Czarina on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 12:25 pm:

That has a royal sound to it.

By droopy on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 12:34 pm:

looking at it written out, it looks like a big ol' jug of california wine.

By Platypus on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 12:38 pm:

Yeah. They have pictures of roosters all over the place.

By droopy on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 12:59 pm:

i think there's a children's game in mexico called el gallito. if you call a man in mexico a "gallo grande" it would mean "alpha male" more or less. the size of any body parts implied only. pico de gallo means rooster's beak.

By Nita on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 01:13 pm:

nate, you don't own a town . you said your 3000 people town like you own it

By Nita on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 01:15 pm:

if the topic is what song or tune is in your head, then why the hell is everyone talking about food

By Nate on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 01:18 pm:

what do you mean i don't own a town? do you know who i am? of course i own a fucking town.

By Floyd the intimidated barber on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 02:53 pm:

He does. It's like Mayberry, but a whole lot scarier.

By semillama on Sunday, January 20, 2002 - 05:17 am:

Nah. Nothing is scarier than Mayberry.

By J on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 10:07 am:

I was always a bit concerned about Floyd the barber.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact