Penetration

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Penetration
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 09:44 am:

Have you ever seen an idealist with grey hairs on his head?
    Or successful men who keep in touch with unsuccessful friends?

You only think you did.
    And I could have sworn I saw it too.
    But as it turns out it was just a clever ad for cigarettes.

I got the new Pedro the Lion album on Sunday. It's called "Control." It is really really good.

The songs tell the story of the dissolution of a marriage. He cheats on her, and she kills him.

It's bitter:

"I could never divorce you / but it's good to have options."

It's very pretty and clever, though. Low production quality, but I like fuzziness. Neat melodies and chord structures. Good story-telling.

I recommend this to everyone. Go to Audiogalaxy and look for the following songs:

Rapture
    Magazine
    Priests and Paramedics

You can also find a few MP3s at http://www.jadetree.com, I believe. I'll do some exploring.

I'm serious -- you have to hear this album.

By Spider on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 09:59 am:

Ooh, if you go here you can download "Rapture" and "Penetration."

Do it!

By patrick on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 12:05 pm:

Jade Tree is a good label. I have some old Eggs, Pitchblend and Universal Order of Armageddon 7"s.

actually since my turntable is still crapped out, i listening to the Universal Order mp3....how cool. Havent heard them in probably 8 years.

those two Pedro the Lion tunes are alright, likeable, but easily faded out to background.

actually as im looking through their catalog, im seeing bands i didnt realize were on Jade Tree.

Im now listening to Zero Zero whom I saw open up for JSBX last month. Its ok, but they had a curiosity about them live im satisfyign now. Thanks for linking Jade Tree spidey, though i dont share your enthusiasm for Pedro....

By Spider on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 12:55 pm:

Aw, you have to listen to the whole album with the songs in order. Each song is a piece of the whole.

Girls Against Boys are releasing their new album in two weeks on Jade Tree.

I think Jade Tree is cool mostly because it's out of Wilmington, DE. I went to high school in Wilmington, and *nothing* else good has come out of that place. That I know of.

Did you know "Fight Club" is set in Wilmington? It's the credit card company capitol of the country (world?). A few neighboring towns are name-dropped in one scene, and that confirms the location.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact