Orpheus

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Orpheus
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By JusMiceElf on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 12:32 pm:

This one was even better live than on CD. All four Mekon singers traded off, each taking a verse, then near-shouting the chorus.

Orpheus

All my time I spent in heaven
    Revelries of dance and wine
    Waking to the sound of laughter
    Up I'd rise and kiss the sky
    Ecstacy and fornication
    Music, lust and poetry
    Something stirs, I hear a warning
    I look for Euridice
    Lose your head
    Searching through the pits of Hades
    Like a miner in the gloom
    I seek out to find my baby
    Don't look back the warning booms
    In my thoughts that warning shakes me
    How can fate deceive me now?
    I will think on worlds in order
    I will make a solemn vow
    Lose your head
    One last glimpse to take back with me
    Said my eyes, despite the fear
    One last glimpse was all they needed
    "Loose the Mekons!" came the cheer
    Torn in two and cut and scattered
    Limb from limb and heart from mind
    In the water hear me singing
    As my head swirls in the brine
    Lose your head
    I will teach them with my lesson
    I will teach them with my song
    I will speak of all life's wonders
    Where I land will be renown
    Where I land will be the fortress
    Of this fight against the tides
    Tides of rotten patriarchy
    Tides of greed and fits and lies
    Lose your head

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact