Lollapalooza 2003-Milwaukee

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Lollapalooza 2003-Milwaukee
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Skooter on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 12:44 pm:

Hey ya'll I just got back from Lollapalooza 2003! The show was awesome. We stayed with a friend who lived within walking distance of the venue, It was raining at the beginning of the day but cleared into a beautiful summer night complete with a full moon.
    The security was so lax! How nice it was not to be patted down or strip searched. Perhaps that led to the nice vibes and the strong smell of ganja floating around all day.
    First up was Rooney, which was having electrical problems, but I really liked them. Nice throwback sound, kind of Beach Boys meets the Ramones thing.
    Then the Donna's, which I liked before the show, but don't really like anymore. They were aweful! They need to practice, or at least dump the bass player, who didn't seem to be on the same stage as them. They played "Strutter" by KISS and fucked it up badly. Definitly should be forced to play 2nd stage and let the Belly Dance Superstars take their spot. That shit was RED HOT! Amazing, sexy mutli-cultural erotic dancing is something I very much enjoy.
    Jurrasic 5 was next and really got the crowd rocking with great stage presence and props, including a giant turntable as a back-drop. High energy with talent. Plus, I know they went back stage during the dj'ing spotlight and smoked, then came back and rocked again. Totally great real old-school hiphop.
    Then Queens of the Stone Age, which the crowd went nuts for. Josh came out and slurred "Immm soo fukinnng druunk!" They rocked the place like it was the bowels of hell for an hour, with a special appperance by Mark from the Screaming Trees, who has an amazing stage presence. The new drummer is awesome.
    Then Incubus, which was nice, but mellow. The new bassist used to play guitar in the Roots. Very talented vocalist also, who got one of the biggest pops of the day when he took his shirt off.
    Then Audioslave. Holy shit! Amazing, amazing. Much better then the record, which I love. Chris Cornell had me singing at the top of my lungs the whole show.I was crying during parts of the set it moved me so much, like during "Like a stone" which they dedicated to the late Jeff Buckley, who played the Marcus with Soundgarden a few years ago. They covered "Super Stupid" by Parliment and "7 Nation Army" by White Stripes.
    Juanes Addiction was everything I wanted too. Perry pranced around and jumped off the drum risers in a silver suit. Dave was wearing purple robes and they played Ocean Size and My girlfriend, ending the night with 15,000 lighters extended and singing along to Jane Says.
    Wonderful times. Plus, you've never lived until you'vce heard that many people all say "Yaaaaah!" like the guys from Crank Yankers.

By semillama on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 11:39 am:

It was in town yesterday, but i did not go.

I did go see Les Claypool again with my brother, and decided it would be silly of me to ever miss a chance to see him play ever again.

My mega concert tickets for the summer are maxed out with the 2 Iron Maiden/Motorhead/Dio tickets I bought for August 9. Although now Kazoo is making noises like she doesn't want to go. Which will make me sad because I don't know anyone else who would go with me here.

By patrick on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 01:38 pm:

Dio?

By semillama on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 01:44 pm:

Dio.

By Skooter on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 01:22 pm:

It's Just a Rainbow in the Dark! Hey, Judas Priest is back together with halford!

By semillama on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 03:34 pm:

Damn straight. Iron Maiden releases a new album this fall too.
    The new Metallica album doesn't really suck either. Not as good as the Voivod album,of course.

By patrick on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 03:45 pm:

i should scan those pics i shot on set of Halford's video. They're fucking brilliant in a camp/ironic way. At least thats how I view them.

I don't know how anyone can watch Dio, Iron Maiden or say...Halford/Priest and not laugh hysterically. Its so silly.

By Skooter Lee Roth on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 05:42 pm:

It's over the top campy rock and rooollllll! With flames and skulls and naked chicks! Who doesn't love the devil, if that's what his parties are like.
    I like the new Metallica songs, but wish they weren't recorded on a boombox with a cheap mic.
    P.S. My new band is covering "Breaking the Law" and it rulez! (Yea, I spelled it that way on purpose).

By semillama on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 05:52 pm:

Ozzy Saves Dog From Mouth of Coyote
    Associated Press

NEW YORK - One of Sharon Osbourne's dogs was eaten by a coyote - and husband Ozzy Osbourne managed to save another dog from a similar fate.

Sharon Osbourne said her Chihuahua, Lulu, was killed when coyotes hopped a fence at their house in Beverly Hills, Calif., Us Weekly reported. She said they tried to get rid of the coyotes by throwing a barbecued chicken laced with poison over the fence, but the neighbors removed it.

The coyotes attacked another dog, Pipi the Pomeranian, the one who was, ahem, dognapped last year.

Sharon said Ozzy heard the screams and fought to get Pipi out of the coyote's mouth. Pipi had successful surgery, and now the Osbournes bring the dogs inside at night.

Meanwhile, Ozzy Osbourne was a no-show at Saturday night's Ozzfest concert at the new White River Amphitheatre in Auburn, Wash.

There was no official explanation why Osbourne didn't perform, but front man David Draiman told the crowd, "Keep Ozzy in your prayers tonight. Let's hope he gets well soon."

Osbourne, whose family life is the subject of an MTV reality series, "The Osbournes," was reportedly recovering from laryngitis, which had caused him to miss a few previous shows. The Ozzfest Web site said Osbourne's doctor had ordered him to rest his vocal cords.

By J on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 07:14 pm:

The way those dogs shit all over the place,if I were Sharon I'd get rid of them all.Halford is just living his gay leather boy dream and I think that's pretty cool,making all that money.

By patrick on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 07:19 pm:

he aint making THAT much money.

he lives a modest life with his partner in San Diego. They're really into the leather scene I understand.

By J on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 07:33 pm:

He has a home here too in Paradise Valley.He has Thanksgiving dinner here every year for his friends,he cooks it himself.

By semillama on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 10:31 am:

Now THAT'S an image....it would make a great episode for Headbanger's Ball though.

By patrick on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 01:32 pm:

Headbanger Ball Cribs?

By semillama on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 02:05 pm:

They already did one with Dio. he has a lot of gifts from fans hanging on his walls. Suits of armor and such.

I wonder if he still has his dragon stage prop.*

*the dragon stage prop was part of a tour in the eighties, where this dragon would come out on stage and Dio would fight it with a laser sword.

By Spider on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 02:15 pm:

BWAHAHAHAHA!

By kazoo on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 03:49 pm:

What! Yes, I do want to go. I just don't want to sit on your shoulders and show everyone my tits like you said all good metalgirlfriends do. Plus, I would never give up an opportunity to check out the crowd. I imagine it will be much like the Bauhaus show and I am curious as to what will strike me as more frightening, aging goths in their dusty ill-fitting garb or aging metal heads in theirs.

By semillama on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 04:26 pm:

No, your friend Chris said that. I said that I wanted to sit on YOUR shoulders and show everyone MY tits.

By Spider on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 04:29 pm:

Oh!

By moonit on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 09:04 pm:

We just heard that Metalica are coming to the Big Day Out in Auckland in January. The Pandyr hates Auckland but now he wants to go to see them. Think we might have too seeing we can get free accomodation.

By Skooter on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 01:37 pm:

I just heard a rumor that the Pixies are getting back together. About FUCKING time! Also, I just watched 24 hour party people, a movie about the scene in Manchester, UK. The guy who plays Ian Curtis from Joy Division is amazing!

By J on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 01:51 pm:

According to MTV, Metalica is sueing a canadian band Unfaith over what they call "unsanctioned" usage of two chords (Metalica) has been using since 1982 E and F. Give me a fucking break.

By heather on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 01:56 pm:

24 hour party people is very nice

the pixies? NO WAY!! if they did and it wasn't
    very good i might cry.

i saw a BBC piece on them that was fantastic,
    even Bowie loved them and he spoke so
    eloquently. grr.

By patrick on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 02:29 pm:

god dammit whats with all the fucking reunion tours?

its such an old hat.

did the clash get back together when strummer bought the farm?

im so skeptical.

as i understood when the pixies broke up, frank black and kim deal could no longer DEAl with each other.

a reunion is suspect.

is deal still a junky?

By Spider on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 02:34 pm:

Wasn't it her sister Kelly who was the junky? Or were they both?

By patrick on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 02:37 pm:

you may be right. i forget.

By Skooter on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 10:10 pm:

It was Kelly. She still is a junky.
    Kim was always my favorite Pixie. But if the whole band made music together I would be very happy.
    If we got sued for using E and F power chords, then you would sure have a hard time playing any rock or metal song, but that sounds like bullshit to me.
    Plus, were they the first band to ever use those chords? I don't fucking think so. Sabbath? Zep?

By moonit on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 10:17 pm:

24 Hour Party People made my brain hurt. I couldnt follow it.

By J on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 03:01 am:

Skooter,I love ya.

By Skooter on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 09:28 am:

I love me too. The guy from Coldplay just got arrested for punching somebody. Now how mean do you have to be to get beat down by the dude from Coldplay? I mean, I like their music, but he's no Danzig or Rollins.

By semillama on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 02:32 pm:

MAybe he was annoyed by Stephen Hawking's electro-voice, so that's why he decked him.

and the Metallica thing is one of those internet jokes.

By J on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 03:33 pm:

Crap I've been had again... I hate that when that happens.

By Skooter on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 03:39 pm:

Sometimes being had is good. Like when your woman (or man, or sheep) takes you in a sexual way.

By Skooter on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 03:47 pm:

P.S Chris Martin beat up Steven Hawkings too? Wow, I guess being sad also means your full of RAGE!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact