That's what we used to do

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: That's what we used to do
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 02:04 pm:

Y'know the days today ain't nothin' like the days we knew
    you can argue all you want, I'm tellin' you the truth
    No, I'm not sayin' you should, but
    That's what we used to do...
    ---------
    To cut our hair we'd go down where the buzzards used to roost
    We'd rub our heads with carrion and let the buzzards chew
    and that was called a "buzz cut"
    and that's what we used to do

When we was feelin' thirsty, we would make some Catfish Stew
    that's only just a catfish that's been filled to the gills with booze
    We'd kiss the fish and take a swig
    ------------
    We'd sail out to a phantom ship and call out to the crew
    they'd hop aboard our boat, and they would float the whole night through
    We'd watch the whiskey disappear

We'd jump into the ocean when a shark was on the loose
    we'd grab a fin and take ourselves a little ocean cruise
    and once I lost an arm that way
    but that's what we used to do
    --------------
    We went to the hobo jungle once, and cornered some old coot
    I tickled him till he smiled and then I tried to pull his tooth
    I lost my other arm that day
    but that's what we used to do

-The Muldoons

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact