tender situation

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: tender situation
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 04:55 am:

i saaaw weeen

By Nate on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 07:12 am:

how it is. the best songs of the night came off pure guava.

fat lenny

big jilm, reggaejunkiejew, poop ship

ohio > tender situation

pure guava is the best album.

some dude jumps up on stage and knocks a beer all over gener's amp and blows the head and during the space while they get that back online deaner sits on a stool and sings sinatra style. 'summer wind'.

gener disappears a lot during the show. he looks all coked up. skinny.

they get all mellow doing the 'mollusk' singing the yesyes/nono part and some kid in the audience shouts "where's the motherfucking cheese?" gener laughs.

By Nate on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 05:05 pm:

(not that anyone cares)

Take Me Away, Don't Get 2 Close, Mr Richard Smoker, Wavin' my Dick in the Wind, Voodoo Lady, Bananas 'n' Blow, Happy Colored Marbles, Piss Up A Rope, Dr. Rock, Puertoricanpower, Stroker Ace, Roses Are Free, Summer Wind #, The Argus, All Of My Love *, Fat Lenny, Pandy Fackler, Buckingham Green, HIV song, Spinal Meningitis, Reggaejunkiejew, The Enabler, BigJilm, Poopship Destroyer

::encore::

Ohio>Tender Situation, The Mollusk

By Rowlf on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 12:36 am:

Ween just got announced for Toronto...

wisper and I will try to get tix, however it might be difficult to get them... they usually sell out really fast when they play here.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 03:49 am:

the catalyst fits about 700 people. it sold out pretty quickly. the greek in berkeley fits maybe 3000 (?) and they didn't sell out. they were doing 2 for 1 ticket deals the day of that show trying to sell them all.

maybe the greek holds 8000. or 15000. i have no idea.

By dave. on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 11:26 am:

that's too big for ween. ween need 1000 or less. i saw them at the key arena and it sucked. no intimacy at all.

By Dougie on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 11:57 am:

Is Ween the group that does that Buddy Holly song?

By TBon on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 12:08 pm:

That's Weezer.

By Spider on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 12:46 pm:

"it sucked. no intimacy at all."

I think we've found our Sorabji book title.

By dave. on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 01:11 pm:

dougie, www.ween.com

by the way, can an animated gif (or flash animation) be a desktop background without active desktop enabled?

i seem to remember being able to do that in win98 but it required a hack.

i dunno, spider. . .

By Dougie on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 01:18 pm:

Thanks dave. Will check out. Not sure about animated gif as wallpaper. Maybe the spunkmeister knows.

By Spider on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 01:23 pm:

Yeah, I do like my Swine quote better...I just thought it was funny coming from you and taken out of context.

By Rowlf on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 06:35 pm:

"I think we've found our Sorabji book title."

I think we've found our Sorabji book title.

By wisper on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 07:05 pm:

lol

ween on Nov.3rd, we're there!!!!

By TBone on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 07:20 pm:

I, for one, would like to see "Eat Hot Fuck" printed down the spine of a book.

By Lapis on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 07:47 pm:

but "Fuck you you ass" should be on the dedication page.

By Dougie on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 10:52 am:

OK, who does that "hashpipe" song. Is that ween or weezer? Maybe they should combine forces and call themselves weener. Or wheeze. This is all so confusing.

By semillama on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 11:19 am:

weezer does hashpipe. IF you can associate a video with the song, it's almost certainly Weezer, since I don't recall any Ween videos being played on TV aside from Push the little daisies.

speaking of videos, new Primus DVD next week with a 5-song EP of new material!

By Lapis on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 04:23 pm:

It's Weezer.

By Nate on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 04:29 pm:

this ween/weezer thing is like a fucking nightmare.

By Dougie on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 05:44 pm:

Ain't it?

I haven't seen the hashpipe video sem, but I seem to remember a video where a band is hanging out with cute little zoo animals crawling all over them. I think that's wheezer, no? Or maybe it was REM.

By Rowlf on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 06:44 pm:

Its' Weezer.

Unless they were Muppets, then it could either be Weezer or R.E.M.

If it was just Muppets, but they were Sesame Street muppets, it was R.E.M.

okay?

By Dougie on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 10:23 am:

Got it. Thanks Rowlf. There definitely weren't any Muppets, so it must've been Weezer.

By semillama on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 11:55 am:

No, weezer did a video with Muppet Show muppets. REM did an appearance on Sesame Street.

What was the group that had the video where they dressed up in ape costumes - you know, the chorus went something like "you and me baby aren't nothing but mammals so lets do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel"?

By TB1 on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 12:23 pm:

Bloodhound Gang

By spunky on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 12:48 pm:

I like that handle, Tbone.
    B1 bombers call thier aircraft "The Bone"....

By Rowlf on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 06:16 pm:

Bloodhound Gang are probably my least favorite band in the world. Even less than ICP.

By Lapis on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 06:28 pm:

I'd get rid of their cd except for the pac man.

By patrick on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 06:32 pm:

working at the record store, in what, 94? or 95 i guess it was.....the bloodhound gang had just formed and they did an in-store appearance for all of what....3 people. the employees on hand out-numbered the fans. it was on of those occasions where your feel flushed and embarassed for them. they were doo doo.

By kazu on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 08:29 pm:

What's wrong with you people? How could you not love the Bloodhound Gang? Vikki Allen, Ricardo, and SKIP. Skip was my favorite. I loved the Bloodhound Gang! I wanted to be in the Bloodhound Gang dammit...I still do.

I wish I had Noggin.

By Rowlf on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 06:06 pm:

"What's wrong with you people? How could you not love the Bloodhound Gang?"

download the song 'chasey lain'

that's why.

By Nate on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 06:29 pm:

you fool. she's talking about the OBG.

By Rowlf on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 08:21 pm:

Tell me more about this "OBG"

are they like the Little Rascals?

By Nate on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 09:11 pm:

the original bloodhound gang.

the bloodhound gang was a segment on the popular kids show 321 Contact in the 80's. about some youthful detectives.

By kazu on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 09:16 pm:

Yes. Whenever there was trouble, they were there on the double.

By Nate on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 09:31 pm:

it's true. they were. i seen it with mine own eyes.

they never had to deal with gang rapes or homicides, though.

By wisper on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 11:36 pm:

"Yes. Whenever there was trouble, they were there on the double."

shit.
    you just opened up a whole door of forgotten tv memories.

By Nate on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 01:58 am:

Where's the goddamn six feet under thread?

I just watched the pilot and the first two episodes and I sure am glad I did. Good shit.

By Lapis on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 05:23 am:

Yay! Contact and Square One! My favorites!

I remember when they stopped showing bloodhound gang and started with the mathematicians (who were still cool but not kids).

Then there was Carmen Sandiego which wasn't nearly as good.

In middle school I had a crush on Bill Nye the Science Guy.

By Rowlf on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 02:36 pm:

I loved Square One, good old Mathman, and Mathnet...

I didnt watch 321 Contact I think... ever..

I did watch the Edison Twins though. Well, just the beginning, with the kinda freaky themesong.

anyone remember My Secret Identity, starring Jerry O'Connell as Ultraman?

By wisper on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 03:10 pm:

i just finished watching the first season of Six Feet Under last night.
    why do i keep doing this, renting whole seasons of tv shows in 3 days and then having to wait years to find out what happens.

I love David. It would be swell if it was just the David show. The Crazy Cute Gay Undertaker Hour.
    "Oh yeah?! Well God just shoved your stomache into your lungs and *I'M* here to celebrate!!"

David with his sidekick dead gang mamber is the best hour of television i've ever seen.

and the mom is great too, even when she does nasty things that make you react as though it was your own mom showing a sexual side. Icky.

"I've had such a wonderful time tonight coming to this funny resturant and having you yell at me in the bathroom. Thank you so much!"

awwwww, mom.

By Nate on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 05:44 pm:

i have to wait until tuesday to get the rest of the season. i only rented the first two DVDs.

david kind of bugs me. i like claire. and nate.

though the dead gangmember/david line was great. the scene in the restaurant where david tells off the corporate dude was great.

i think because of claire i had a dream with christina ricci this morning. i don't know that that makes sense.

the dream was a fucked up movie which, in the end, had christina ricci riding on the shoulders of some guy who is riding a bike through the streets of some city. i remember thinking 'how the hell did they film this? they must have really ridden like that in traffic and everything.'

the movie was made by the brother of the psycho chick nate is dating and was about how the army put germanium in canned foods and fed it to some group of americans in africa, creating a ticking time bomb. the christina ricci character was the daughter of one of the americans fed germanium canned food. she had the ticking time bomb.

this was all explained at the end of the movie. i was very disappointed.

which reminds me, wisper, the other night i had a dream about your painting (which hangs over my bed, in mute witness of countless and morally bankrupt sex acts.) in the dream, i noticed that one of the buildings had a smiling face on it. as i was wondering why i'd never noticed that before, i began noticing other faces. so many faces.

and suddenly smog city was full of evil faces.

i remembered this the following night as an actual memory, instead of the memory of a dream. but, you know, no faces so it must have been a dream.

By Rowlf on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 05:49 pm:

i watched "Cant Hardly Wait" this morning solely because Claire and Rico are in it.

Its actually quite a good "teen movie", funny enough. As good as the Breakfast Club, at least.

By wisper on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 06:35 pm:

lordy lordy, my painting is seeing more action than me.

awwww
    good shit.

By heather on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 11:30 pm:

donald from chicago, now ny has said that i am claire, but no one else thinks so.

no offense wisper, but i don't like watching david. at all. i like the character but he looks all neanderthal to me.

By Platypus on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 11:35 pm:

Can't Hardly Wait is a classic!

Woah.

So I am debating whether or not to buy the second season of six feet under or wait for the movie place to get it so I can rent it. I watched the first season in two days. It was intense.

It's a good series though. I found myself changing my attitude towards the characters as the season progressed...they seemed to grow with the series rather than remain stagnant.

And dead people!

By Ophelia on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 01:19 am:

Square One! yah! i watched that religiously

"the story you are about to hear is a fib, but it's short. the names are made up, but the problems are real."

hehe.

By wisper on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 02:11 am:

yeah, he looks a little Lurch-y.
    but that's okay.

By patrick on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 01:15 pm:

fucking TV babies

By Rowlf on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 11:32 am:

I saw WEEEEEEENNNN

yes, Gene looks way fucked up, Dean looks froglike. Their keyboardist looks like a cross between Michael McKean and Nick Nolte, and just as old. Some guy showed up as Gene Simmons in costume, and Gene brought him on stage to dance with. Two Genes together rockin out. cool.

songs I can remember they played: (I'm cross referencing this with Nates list and amazon.com's albums list, and i notice their listing of Quebec has 'zoloft' as track 12, when on my copy its track 2 - whats up with that?)

Take Me Away, Piss Up A Rope, Wavin' my Dick in the Wind, Voodoo Lady, Bananas 'n' Blow, Dr. Rock, Puertoricanpower, Stroker Ace, Roses Are Free, Summer Wind, The Argus, All Of My Love, Fat Lenny, Happy Colored Marbles, Spinal Meningitis, Reggaejunkiejew, Captain, Zoloft, Help Me Scrape the Mucus off my Brain, Fluffy, Pork Roll Egg and Cheese, You Fucked Up, Ode to Rene, She Fucks Me

my top 5 faves for the night were Dr. Rock, You Fucked Up, Stroker Ace, All of My Love, and Piss Up A Rope...

Fluffy just barely shut out of the top 5. Fluffy must've went on for 20 minutes at least.

what was especially crazy was the fans that were there. Normally at rock shows theres at least a few giant assholes that you notice, people that you look at and go, 'um, why are you here exactly?' - everyone here was nerdly hardcore ween fans, either short and stout or tall and awkward, most of them with glasses. even the token mid-20s nerd rocker staples like ironic Conan the Barbarian t-shirts were at a minimum. these were people who probably dont hit a lot of rock shows...

By wisper on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 12:22 pm:

ween!
    Spinal Meningitis!
    Stroker Ace!
    Bananas 'n' Blow!
    yeah!

I'm jealous of nate because they didn't play Mr Richard Smoker for us. Or HIV.
    It was solid thought. I hate that term... SOLID. But it was. And ever so casual, I don't think Gene ever broke a sweat.
    They went a little crazy on the smoke machine. Drummer = awesome.

The only t-shirts were cream coloured. No boognish for moi.

dave: "by the way, can an animated gif (or flash animation) be a desktop background without active desktop enabled?"

do you want it to still move? Because if not, why not just take a screen shot of the thing?

By Spider on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 01:13 pm:

Why would you disable active desktop?

(I'm not being smart...I really want to know.)

By dave. on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 01:14 pm:

i love the epic live version of fluffy. how it gets all huge right at the point where it ends on the album. at least it did when they had the shit creek boys with 'em. ween and the shit creek boys. that's a beautiful thing.

i want it to move!

By dave. on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 01:17 pm:

same reason i like windows classic skin over the xp skin and classic explorer over web style.

same reason i hate aol.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 01:19 pm:

Simplicity?

By Antigone on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 01:25 pm:

Simplexity.

By Nate on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 01:36 pm:

plus active desktop is a CPU hit, drags performance down, causes issues and is generally a completely unecessary piece of shit.

bo derek's tits!

By Nate on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 01:37 pm:

did gene keep ducking off stage to powder his nose?

mr. richard smoker freaked me out. actually, a lot of it freaked me out. i think in generally i'd rather not see gene perform.

By wisper on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 02:27 pm:

Nate: yes to both.

dave:
    "same reason i like windows classic skin over the xp skin and classic explorer over web style."

yes, YES! everything is NOT the goddamn internet! my hard drive doesn't have 'favorites', and doesn't need a 'back' and 'refresh' button. you ugly looking motherfucker.

how do i get these skins you speak of? I just fuck around with toolbar and window properties until it looks "good enough".

windows looks like windows
    Internet Explorer looks like Internet Explorer.
    as it should.

By Rowlf on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 02:37 pm:

actually, Gene only went off stage a couple times total.

By dave. on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 02:41 pm:

in xp, right click on the desktop and go to appearance. the scheme menu will give you the option of xp style or classic style. apparently you can get skins for xp style but that's just eye candy for jackasses. skinability is pure kid stuff.

also, detail view not icon view. i hate big goofy colorful icons. get rid of the "custom" menus. how many times do i have to tell people to click those stupid little arrows indicating something's been hidden. something useful like print preview. when someone's having print formatting issues and their preview is hidden, i wanna backhand 'em.

i was helping a friend un-fuck his system last week and he was using msn explorer. and it talked to him. i wanted to scream.

By Rowlf on Sunday, November 9, 2003 - 08:05 pm:

By dave. on Sunday, November 9, 2003 - 10:38 pm:

By Rowlfe on Saturday, December 6, 2003 - 07:10 pm:

Ween To Release All-Request Live Show on CD
    Epic "Poop Ship Destroyer" outmaneuvers "Master and Commander" at box office
    [Posted Friday, December 5th, 2003 04:00:00 Pitchfork Central Time]

John L. Ferrer reports:
    If it seems like Ween has gotten a generous amount of coverage here at Pitchfork, maybe it's for a good reason. Gener and Deaner know how to please their fans; in fact, they're fucking machines. They tour like dogs, they run an online radio station playing all their rarest tunes, and they occasionally release exclusive material through their own label, Chocodog. The last one, Live at Stubb's, was a joyously stuffed three-discer which included all the live Ween you could stand plus a forty minute live video of the Prince medley "LMLYP."

Now Billboard has announced that the next Chocodog release will be Live By Request, an Internet show the band played in live streaming audio on Weenradio.com last July, based on extensive polling for requests. This led to a lot of interesting performances, like The Pod's "Pollo Asado," which consists of the ordering Mexican food over loopy guitar, and "Where'd the Cheese Go?" the duo's infamous rejected jingle for Pizza Hut. Also, all five installations of "The Stallion," which were spread out over several albums, are played in a row, together, for the first time. The CD also features webcam footage from "The Stallion, Part 3." The tracklist:

01 Happy Colored Marbles
    02 The Stallion, Part 1
    03 The Stallion, Part 2
    04 The Stallion, Part 3
    05 The Stallion, Part 4
    06 The Stallion, Part 5
    07 Demon Sweat
    08 Cover It With Gas And Set It On Fire
    09 Awesome Sound
    10 Cold Blows The Wind
    11 Pollo Asado
    12 Reggaejunkiejew
    13 Tried and True
    14 Mononucleosis
    15 Stay Forever
    16 Where'd The Cheese Go?

The disc can be ordered now only from Chocodog via the Ween website.

Also, with WinAmp 2.9 you can now access "Ween TV," a streaming video loop of ever-changing material. At this point, you can find most of the band's music videos, plus several of the strangest TV appearances by a music act you'll ever see, including a Late Night With Conan O'Brien performance where Gene is dressed like a Middle Eastern guru, a Cleopatra look-a-like hula dances around to "I Can't Put My Finger On It," and a huge video screen projects a lot of extreme closeups of what appears to be rotting lettuce, or maybe the insides of a silkworm. Or something. You'll also get a lot of trippy flashbacks to mid-period MTV gems like a clip from Oddville. Manager Pat Frey posted on Ween's message board that new stuff will be added all the time. All you have to do is open WinAmp 2.9, press Alt+L, find Ween TV in the list, and play it (and unlike Radiohead TV, this one actually works).

Frey also mentions that this is not part of the "WeenAmp" project, which is still under development. WeenAmp was at one point going to be included on their latest release, Quebec. It's going to eventually function as a program that will allow users to download endless live and rare Ween material, watch full concerts, and chat with other users. How totally all-encompassing.

By kazu on Saturday, December 6, 2003 - 09:22 pm:

Did anyone watch a show called Brain Games when they were younger? It was on HBO. We used to go to my aunt's house and watch it. At the end of the show the guy would say, "Brain games is now...(sniff)...OVER...(crying)"

By Rowlfe on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 07:38 pm:

hey Nate, did you pick up the Ween 'bsides' album Shinola Vol 1? It came out a couple weeks ago. I just picked it up today, I didn't know about it.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact