Here Without You

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Here Without You
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 03:23 pm:

A hundred days have made me older
    Since the last time that I saw your pretty face
    A thousand lies have made me colder
    And I don't think I can look at this the same

All the miles that separate
    Disappear now when I'm dreamin' of your face
    I'm here without you baby
    But you're still on my lonely mind

I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time
    But you're still with me in my dreams
    And tonight, there's only you and me.

The miles just keep rollin'
    As the people leave their way to say hello
    I've heard this life is overrated
    But I hope that it gets better as we go.

And tonight girl, there's only you and me.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go
    It gets hard but it won't take away my love
    And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done.
    It gets hard but it won't take away my love

And tonight girl, there's only you and me

By Nate on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 05:33 pm:

aw

By spunky on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 05:54 pm:

I know, cheesey....

3DD is one of my favorites.
    Them and Creed.

By Nate on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 06:13 pm:

cheesy, sure, but i understand. the aw was sincere.

-esque.

By spunky on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 06:17 pm:

:)

By kazu on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 06:21 pm:

I know how you feel spunkem.

I can't believe some of the cheesy things that move me to tears or force a lump-in-my-throat since we've been doing this whole long distance thing.

By spunky on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 06:23 pm:

i bet. I am whining about a few weeks, but damn you and sem...

geez

By eri on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 06:35 pm:

I made spunky listen to that song before he left. It was playing on vh1 when I woke up like two days before he left. I played it over and over before he left, knowing I would hate hime leaving me.

By spunky on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 06:44 pm:

Another one:
    They gave me a life that’s not so easy to live
    And then they sent me on my way
    I left my loving, forgot my dreams
    I lost them along the way
    Those little things you say
    When words mean so much
    You never back down
    And they all shy away
    You always listen to me

And what do I care to get me through these sleepless nights
    And what do I have to hold when no one’s there to hold me tight
    And what do I see the only thing that gets me through this is I feel and I feel you

And this ain’t no bitterness
    Then I’d rose just the same
    Got this road short and can be long
    Another endless day, another seven hundred miles that’ll take me further from my home

Those little things you say
    When words mean so much
    You never back down
    And they all shy away
    You always listen to me

And what do I see the only thing that gets me through this is I feel and I feel you

I know what you’re going through now
    Believe me I live this

By kazu on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 06:58 pm:

whine away, spunkem. a few weeks, a few months, it still feels bad, especially when you are used to being together every day. I think it's harder when you aren't used to it. Sem and I have been able to get to a place where we aren't miserably impatient and depressed all the time. We had to, but for only a few weeks you don't have to do that; I feel for you guys.

one of the hardest times I had was over summer when sem and I were living together and he had to go to atlanta for a few days. it was unbelievably difficult, hanging out in his house, sleeping in his bed, and playing with his cats without him there.

By spunky on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 07:04 pm:

nights and meals.
    those are the worste.
    And waking up in middle of the night alone.
    Sometimes I wake up thinking eri is beside me and my cat is sleeping on my feet. what a disappointment when I realize the truth.

I have decided that tonight I am sick of eating out at a reseraunt with nothing buy my laptop for company. Since the hotel I am staying in has a kitchette, I went and got some hamburger and mac & cheese and sliced american cheese and A1!

Tonight, I am making hb patties, and mac and cheese, and damn am I actually excited about it!
    How pathetic is that?

By spunky on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 07:08 pm:

oh, and candles.

I already had gotten a few canldes to make it as home like as possible (eri and I love to turn out the lights, light a fire in the fireplace, and a dozen candles).

I bought a couple more candles, and will eat my patties and mac & cheese by candle light.

By kazu on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 08:34 pm:

spunk, you're killing me.

nights are the worst. especially the first night after I have to sleep alone after he's gone and if the pillow still smells like him....

*sigh*

it's not easy.

By spunky on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 10:27 pm:

well, that was not such a grand idea.
    I forgot how much one box of mac & cheese made, and I have nothing to keep left overs in.
    What a horrible waste. And I was still alone.

By Platypus on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 11:02 pm:

The pillow thing kills me.

It's odd that when I talk to my friends about this, they look blank, but that kazu should just nail it right on the head. The pillow thing. Aw shucks.

By kazu on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 11:05 pm:

I'm good like that.

He left a teeshirt here once.

I slept with it, yes, of course I did.

By Lapis on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 12:50 am:

shit.

By eri on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 01:52 am:

I totally understand and agree with the pillow thing. I also notice it on my living room furniture, like the pillows on the back of the couch. But it's been so long that most of his scent is gone from here and it's weird. I can't wait until this is over.

By patrick on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 12:44 pm:

i always have nico leave her worn night gown in the bed when she leaves. and i always switch the pillows so that i sleep on hers. but in all honest, that has as much to do with stretching my 6'+ frame out on an otherwise inadequetly-sized bed and consuming all pillows.

we're such dogs.

By wisper on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 04:47 pm:

greetings all.
    I'm posting from a public computer in the Ontario Science Centre. It's like, you know, the "Knowledgeium" in that one episode of the Simpsons?
    Just me, Rowlf, and like 20 school busses full of kids on field trips. Why are there no filters on this computer?
    SHIT SHIT shit....nope, no filter.

Rowlf is checking the new Strongbad email.

If you'll excuse me, i've got to go poke at some magnectic liquid or learn about mars or soemthing.

i wonder how long until they kick me off this thing?

By Nate on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 06:08 pm:

we're investiga-awesome!

this is a perfect opporutnity to go watch teen girl squad yet again.

By semillama on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 07:01 pm:

yes indeed.

the little songs about grammar at the end rule.

By sarah on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 07:10 pm:

i'm already totally dreading the five days i'll be apart from dave over thanksgiving. i feel for you, spunk and eri.

By sarah on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 07:10 pm:

and sem and kazu too, of course. man, how do you two do it? it must be torture.

By semillama on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 07:15 pm:

it's tough at times. but thank god for yahoo messenger and free minutes afet 9pm.

By patrick on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 07:19 pm:

...and web cams and remote controlled sexual devices?

By kazu on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 08:03 pm:

sure.

oh geez this is the That 70s Show that made me cry...speaking of things that make me mushy now that I'm all in love 'n shit.

By kazu on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 08:23 pm:

here it comes....

(crying now)

By spunky on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 10:07 pm:

You know, I miss the sex, sure. I would be lying to say that I do not.

But, that is just a small thing. Like I miss MY computer and MY bed, and MY recliner.....

I miss it, but more then that I miss the intimacy.
    Our spirits make love too, and that I miss.

I know this sounds metro but..
    I miss holding her. I miss her head on my chest while we watch TV. I miss her eyes, I miss holding her hand when we go out, I miss all that.

And yes, the sex.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact