is that all there is?

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: is that all there is?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By droopy on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 11:58 pm:

I remember when I was a very little girl, our house caught on fire.
    I'll never forget the look on my father's face as he gathered me up in his arms and raced through the burning building out to the pavement. I stood there shivering in my pajamas and watched the whole world go up in flames.
    And when it was all over I said to myself, "Is that all there is to a fire?"

Is that all there is, is that all there is
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
    Let's break out the booze and have a ball
    If that's all there is

And when I was 12 years old, my father took me to a circus, the greatest show on earth.
    There were clowns and elephants and dancing bears.
    And a beautiful lady in pink tights flew high above our heads. And so I sat there watching the marvelous spectacle. I had the feeling that something was missing. I don't know what, but when it was over, I said to myself, "is that all there is to a circus?

If that's all there is

Then I fell in love, head over heels in love, with the most wonderful boy in the world.
    We would take long walks by the river or just sit for hours gazing into each other's eyes.
    We were so very much in love.
    Then one day he went away and I thought I'd die, but I didn't, and when I didn't I said to myself, "is that all there is to love?"

I know what you must be saying to yourselves, if that's the way she feels about it why doesn't she just end it all? Oh, no, not me. I'm in no hurry for that final disappointment, for I know just as well as I'm standing here talking to you, when that final moment comes and I'm breathing my last breath, I'll be saying to myself

If that's all there is

By agatha on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 01:43 am:

I'm ashamed to confess that I watched "the cut" AND "Rock Star INXS" tonight. Not only that, but I thought some of the singers on the show were good.

Somebody, help me.

By droopy on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 02:59 am:

i wonder if michael hutchence would be alive today if somebody'd just given him a peggy lee album.

By semillama on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 09:18 am:

or was available for giving blow jobs.

By V on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 12:48 pm:

...probably correct...

By droopy on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 01:36 pm:

anybody ever had their erect penis serenaded with the song "wild about that thing"?

just curious.

By V on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 09:02 pm:

...well I had my penis serenaded by "only you" by "The Inkspots",but it was some time back.,yet it was fun.,fact is,it was a most erotic evening.,and the next day I could hardly walk.

By droopy on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 09:20 pm:

there's an interesting new topic for the thread: what song would you want your penis serenaded with?

(if the girls can talk about menstrual cups, the boys can talk about this. nyaaah.)

By agatha on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 10:39 pm:

"The Warrior."

"Hit me Baby One More Time"

"It's a Hard Knock Life"

(Cleo is performing in "Annie" tomorrow)

By patrick on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 12:21 pm:

im pretty sure i wouldn't want my johnson serenaded to. souless? potentially. but im pretty sure if my wang is being sung to, there are other things swimming through my mind, thus I wouldnt be really giving a rats ass whats being sung and hoping its a short number.

But, If i had to speculate, im pretty sure some TRex would do the trick.

By droopy on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 01:22 pm:

i love it. after a "not a sensitive guy like me" preamble for deniability, a speculation. i don't see why it would be "soulless". i'm not asking anybody to demand a serenade. (actually, i assumed my suggestion would be a thread killer.)

i am liking the comic potential of this, though.

By platypus on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 01:31 pm:

I'm voting for Eye of the Tiger, personally.

By patrick on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 01:33 pm:

i rather like the idea of demanding a serenade.

sing to him !

SING!

By droopy on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 01:36 pm:

him? does he have a name?

By patrick on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 02:13 pm:

no. yours?

By droopy on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 02:24 pm:

i don't even bother with a personal pronoun.

By Dougie on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 02:59 pm:

"Yeah, we all need someone we can cream on,
    And if you want to, well you can cream on me"

But preferably not Mick singing it to me. Maybe one of his backup singers though.

I'm with Patrick in "hoping its a short number." (The song, that is)

By V on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 03:44 pm:

...you know a penis should have a name,after all,they have a mind of there own,and will allways point you in the right direction for a good time,mine is "Mr.Wobbly"...I wonder if girls have a name for there "fun bits"?

By Maladicta on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 04:53 pm:

I call mine a vagina.

By wisper on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 05:34 pm:

hey everyone look!
    it's maladicta!

By patrick on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 05:59 pm:

wow
    V has a name for his pecker.

im shocked.

moreover, V thinks women would even entertain such an idea for their bits. im even more shocked.

By V on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 06:44 pm:

hi patrick,you have a nameles shlong?why are you shocked?do you hate your penis?...now dont give me that "Virgin Mary" stuff.Sex for me is fun,do you find sex disgusting?,do post :)

By V on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 06:47 pm:

patrick,I have no wish to insult you,but you do tend to post like an old maid.

By Cat on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 07:45 pm:

I say again "Patrick has a very nice cock".

I am thinking Johnny Cash is good cock music. Stirring. Masculine.

Or maybe "Rawhide".

There's something very country and western about cock.

By droopy on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 07:59 pm:

we all love patrick's cock.

we started selling handmade soaps at my shop. they're made by a woman here in fw named anne. one of the scents (i guess you'd call it) is "reata cowboy". yesterday an older woman came in, took a sniff of it, and said "mmmm, that's what a cowboy smells like on saturday night!"

people occasionally break into the "rawhide" theme around me. nothing to do with cock, just the "rollin' rollin' rollin'" part.

my favorite johnny cash song:

Well, my name it is Sam Hall, Sam Hall.
    Yes, my name it is Sam Hall; it is Sam Hall.
    My name it is Sam Hall an' I hate you, one and all.
    An' I hate you, one and all:
    Damn your eyes.

I killed a man, they said; so they said.
    I killed a man, they said; so they said.
    I killed a man, they said an' I smashed in his head.
    An' I left him layin' dead,
    Damn his eyes.

But a-swingin', I must go; I must go.
    A-swingin', I must go; I must go.
    A-swingin', I must go while you critters down below,
    Yell up: "Sam, I told you so."
    Well, damn your eyes!

I saw Molly in the crowd; in the crowd.
    I saw Molly in the crowd; in the crowd.
    I saw Molly in the crowd an' I hollered, right out loud:
    "Hey there Molly, ain't you proud?
    "Damn your eyes."

Then the Sherriff, he came to; he came to.
    Ah, yeah, the Sherriff, he came to; he came to.
    The Sherriff, he come to an he said: "Sam, how are you?"
    An I said: "Well, Sherriff, how are you,
    "Damn your eyes."

My name is Sam-u-el, Sam-u-el.
    My name is Sam-u-el, Sam-u-el.
    My name is Sam-u-el, an' I'll see you all in hell.
    An' I'll see you all in hell,
    Damn your eyes.

By Cat on Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 03:32 am:

I call my cock just "The 13 inches".

I don't like it when people shorten it to "13". Cocks should never be shortened.

And Droops, I am sure they are really serenading your cock and not the chair.

By patrick on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 12:57 pm:

what about your balls Cat? What do you call your balls?

By droopy on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 03:03 pm:

can you swing 'em to and fro? can you tie 'em in a knot, time 'em in a bow? have you ever found, that you can drag 'em on the ground?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact