several

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: several
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By droopy on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 12:47 am:

eric dolphy playing flute (live)
    bola sete - "mambeando"
    jackie mclean (featuring barbara simmons on spoken word) - "soul"
    raymond scott - "baltimore electric and gas"
    george antheil - "lost sonatas"
    dresden dolls - "coin operated boy"
    gogol bordello - in general
    talking heads - "born under punches"
    tahiti - "birth of whack" or "wax"

By lapis on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 01:38 am:

mmm, gogol bordello.

beatles - "when i'm sixty-four"
    rasputina - "high on life" and "saline the salt-lake quee"
    we are telephone - "rock club"

By agatha on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 02:01 am:

I have Cleo's punk rock version of "Mary Had a Little Lamb" stuck in my head. It's been there since she performed it at the Friday night show with all of the girl's rock camp bands. She was pretty amazing with her big giant voice, I must say.

PS- Has anyone been watching Rock Star INXS?

(raises hand while bowing head with shame...)

By droopy on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 02:25 am:

i've actually heard buddy guy perform "mary had a little lamb" live.

my boss - mickie - asked me if i watched "rock star inxs". she seems to like it. i haven't watched it because i currently don't have a tv.

By ... on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 05:03 am:

listening from a stack of LPs I found on a curb last year. Junior Menace Trio at the Village Vanguard.. Arnett Cobb Sizzlin'. Groovin' with Getz. just plugged in the record player again. waiting for the sun to come up.

By Cat on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 08:55 am:

"Fever" - the sexy shakeass version I saw once in a nightclub sung by a black woman who writhed enough to make me blush (not with embarrassment).

By droopy on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 01:25 pm:

i never liked the peggy lee version of "fever" - not feverish enough. i have a "dance remix" of it somewhere that's kind of funny, though.

but i do like her version of "is that all there is?" better than the p.j. harvey one i heard last night.

By patrick on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 06:21 pm:

some remix of a Nancy Sinatra song where the opening line is something like
    I was five and you were six bang bang
    We rode on horses made of sticks bang bang

and goes on about how she shot him down bang bang.

i kinda dig it and im positive it made its way as the opener of Kill Bill.

By wisper on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 09:30 pm:

it did.

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 03:58 am:

I like most versions of "fever" actually, except for Madonna's version.

theres this really odd version wisper has on a Rocky Horror b-sides/rarities collection by Little Nell (aka Columbia)

By ... on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 06:00 am:

Burnin'. Paul Bryant, jazz organ. LP found outside.

By droopy on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 12:34 am:

did you kids hear the madonna was thrown off a horse? at her estate in england. on her birthday. broke a few ribs, collar bone, and her hand. i read about it last night.

today i went to the shop, which is closed monday and tuesday, and mickie tells me that lori - who runs the nail shop next door, raised horses in burleson, and is generally our crazy texas chick friend - was thrown off one of her horses (and she's a great rider) over the weekend. she's still in the icu. i haven't gotten all the details, but the words "swelling of the brain" were used. but mickie saw her today and says she seems better, recognized and called her by name. so that's nice.

maybe the news about madonna will cheer her up.

quartet in g minor - debussy

By dave. on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 01:57 am:

chainsaw hornpipe - tupelo chain sex

By droopy on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 01:09 pm:

she's like heroin to me - gun club.

actually heard that on the radio last week. golden memories of the eighties.

By patrick on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 01:22 pm:

there was a gun club reunion last year at the neighborhood street festival. they were pretty fuckin awesom. at this summer's festival next week we're getting a 1/2 NY dolls reunion along with John Cale and suicide girls. i dont really understand it and just wish X and the gun club reunion thing would happen again.

By droopy on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 01:40 pm:

gun club AND x together? sounds like a blast, even without jeffrey lee. they can make up for it by having both billy zoom and dave alvin.

By patrick on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 03:05 pm:

they had some local guests as well including the singer for former Possum Dixon and I think Mike Watt and Keith Morris sat in as well. And yeah, X rocked.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact