Nazareth -- "Hair of the Dog"

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Nazareth -- "Hair of the Dog"
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Thursday, February 1, 2007 - 12:27 pm:

It's in my head.

Now you're messing with a....SON OF A BIIIIITCH

Love it. This song makes you want to do something big, righteous, and violent, like annex Canada.

Recently I acquainted myself with the back catalogue of Whitesnake. A lot of it is very derivative of Led Zeppelin, but I love Led Zeppelin, so that's all right with me. "Judgement Day" is a classic example of the Led Zep imitation. It's also a kick-ass song.

"Is This Love?" is still my favorite Whitesnake song, though. Perhaps it's not prudent to admit such things in public, but I remain unashamed.

By Spider on Saturday, February 3, 2007 - 03:33 pm:

Gosh, you people. Has no one got skeletons of '80s hair metal bands in their closet? Pffft.

By droopy on Saturday, February 3, 2007 - 04:32 pm:

i suppose 80's hair metal bands is "my era" (i was in high school). but it was all just background noise for me. but i do remember disliking whitesnake. sorry.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, February 3, 2007 - 09:17 pm:

remember the 80's Bryan Adams?

By semillama on Monday, February 5, 2007 - 06:21 pm:

I liked whitesnake briefly until I heard "Is this Love?" and then that was it. I thought hair metal was for wussies, me in my Anthrax t-shirt and ripped jeans.

By droopy on Monday, February 5, 2007 - 07:05 pm:

i do like "hair of the dog", though. the first time i heard wasn't the nazareth version. some guy had done it at an open night at a local blues bar. it rocked the house, i remember.

By Spider on Monday, February 5, 2007 - 09:34 pm:

"Is This Love?" has pretty, and dissonant, and dissonantly pretty, chords -- that means, for me, it's automatically love.

Plus, I love belting out, "So I can HOLD you in my AAAARRMS" at random intervals.

By V on Tuesday, February 6, 2007 - 05:18 pm:

droopy,v did a load of research on wheelchairs,spent 3 days on that,as you more or less know,you need an "olimpic class wheelchair",if you dont want bearings to wear out fast,so how come them fuckers cost so much?

By V on Tuesday, February 6, 2007 - 06:05 pm:

droopy,as an ex-engineer,your problem with wheel bearings pisses me of no end,v can give you a wheel bearing that can exist for a hundred years or more,you use a roller bearing enclosed in an idistrucable,man made bellows sleeve,you pack it with grease,it will last for a hundred years or more.

By droopy on Tuesday, February 6, 2007 - 06:40 pm:

bit of a non sequitur...

thanks for the offer; but in the 22 years i've been in a wheelchair (i just noticed that i've spent more years in a wheelchair than walking), i've never ever had a bearing give out on me. it's the frame of the wheelchair that generally gives out. i once had one fall apart while i was sitting in it.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, February 7, 2007 - 02:34 am:

Droopy, try the roller bearing ,such like bearing from wheel of a car, not the steel balls. Steels balls sucks big times.

By TBone on Wednesday, February 7, 2007 - 12:41 pm:

Mine have always been very popular.
    *rimshot*

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact