I write the songs that make the whole world sing

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: I write the songs that make the whole world sing
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By N on Sunday, March 22, 1998 - 09:38 pm:
    it's all the fault of that stupid list i found...

Manilow songs' catchiness makes them especially hateful...

Whenever one of his songs would come on the radio, I would sing harmony a half-tone off to try to break the spell. But it doesn't work. The tune still takes over my head, dissonance and all...

By IW on Monday, March 23, 1998 - 10:15 pm:
    I never could understand that song, I Write the Songs. . .

By Pylon on Monday, March 23, 1998 - 10:39 pm:
    Barry Manilow probably doesn't either. HE DIDN'T WRITE IT!

By Hannah on Tuesday, March 24, 1998 - 03:53 pm:
    Barry White is a lot smoother than Manilow...
    Mmmmm....
    Oh yeah.....

By Pylon on Tuesday, March 24, 1998 - 07:21 pm:
    It's that twin-blade razor he uses.

By Wood Gillette Me Go Please on Friday, April 24, 1998 - 08:27 pm:
    How about George "lips" Benson? Benson and Hodges? Gillette?

By Mindy on Saturday, May 9, 1998 - 05:22 pm:
    Barry Manilow is the smoothest, hottest, guy in the world and he did understand the song before anyone else did. He is not saying he is the ultimate song writer, the song is about music of all kinds that brings different feelings to different people.

By Pete on Saturday, May 9, 1998 - 07:00 pm:
    Don't you mean 'Mandy'?

By DBLONDB on Monday, May 11, 1998 - 08:34 pm:
    I WRITE THE SONGS THAT MAKE THE WHOLE WORLD SING
    I WRITE THE SONGS OF LOVE AND SPECIAL THINGS
    I WRITE THE SONGS THAT MAKE THE YOUNG GIRLS CRY
    I WRITE THE SONGS I WRITE THE SONGS

By Boogerbutt on Monday, May 25, 1998 - 02:15 am:
    what?

By Library woman on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 12:41 pm:

To Pylon:
    You're right. He didn't write it. He just had the hit with it.
    He didn't want to record it, Clive Davis pushed for it.
    The Captain and Tenille and David Cassidy recorded it first. So did the songs writer. Bruce Johnson.
    The opening line is "I've been alive forever and I wrote the very first song" Why anyone would think it was about Barry... well some folks are foolish and take words at face value without really listening.
    He recorded it almost 30 years ago. Why the lingering grief about it being about Barry?
    It's not.
    "I am MUSIC, and I write the songs."
    Get over it already.

By I wrote the song on Sunday, February 8, 2004 - 08:07 pm:

hey people.... i am going to tell you a secret.... i wrote the song.....

By Though quite satanic.... on Sunday, February 8, 2004 - 08:07 pm:

but everyone.... might as well agree.... that song is pretty good....

By Rowlfe on Sunday, February 8, 2004 - 10:55 pm:

By A Young Christian Boy on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 12:17 am:

THIS SONG IS SATANIC, I MEAN SERIOUSLY SATIN IS LIKE REALY OLD IN HE ALWAYS HAS A PLACE IN THE SINNERS HEART AND IN HEAVEN HE WAS THE CHIOR DIRECTOR, SO OF COURSE HE KNOWS ALL ABOUT MUSIC LETS FACE I, WHOEVER IT WAS TO *SAY* THEY WROTE IT, IS SADLY MISTAKEN CAUSE IT WAS SATAN ALLLLLLL SATAN

By heather on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 01:23 am:

satin always has a place in my heart

a small place, though, with lots of pointy bits

tonight sucks

By Barry Manilow on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 11:53 am:

Hey, when I say "I write the songs", I am lying as much as when I say "I've been alive forever". This song is a whole big lie!

By Mala-dicta on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 05:35 pm:

Well while your being so honest,wasn't Mandy really about a Randy?

By N.b. on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 09:55 pm:

tonight is my night for belated thank-yous.

thank you, library lady, wherever you are, for fishing out the facts (i believe you implicitly because would a librarian lie?)

By V on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 05:36 pm:

I would like Barry Manilow a lot more if he got an amputation on his nose,its just too big,and fills my t.v. screen end to end.

By V on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 05:59 pm:

...all I see of him is nose,its massive.,bigger than his head.I expect he has to lean back a lot to counter balance that hugh shnozzel.Barry,get a life,cut your nose off.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact