Eagles, Steppenwolf, Fleetwood Mac, And someone named BOB...

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Eagles, Steppenwolf, Fleetwood Mac, And someone named BOB...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By HAL-1 on Tuesday, March 24, 1998 - 12:07 am:
    I write this as an intro, I ask that you tell me the band, song, and relevance a song in your head has...

Right now I have MAGIC CARPET RIDE goin throught mine, and well we all know who that is from ( for you who is not those all Steppenwolf) anyway I'd have to say that this song is relevant to my faviorite part in any movie I've ever seen. In the Middle of FIRST CONTACT, when Zephrin Cochrin and two members of the Enterprise crew are about to make a legendary space flight and he pops in this song, I felt it fitting...

By AMR2LL on Tuesday, March 24, 1998 - 01:12 am:
    While we're on the subject of Steppenwolf... "Born To Be Wild"... Now don't get me wrong, I like the song, but every time a TV or movie character plops their ass on a chopper (Al Bundy springs to mind as an example), the soundtrack blares that song. It actually spoils a damn good tune. So, Hollywood... KNOCK IT OFF!

By Bob on Tuesday, March 24, 1998 - 06:47 am:
    The Marx "Big Wheel" tv commercial comes to mind...

By De La Street on Friday, April 24, 1998 - 08:40 pm:
    "Say the magic word and the duck will come down. . ." Whats' the rest. . . where's that good lookin' show stopper . . .Oh yeah, George Phenemen!. .(sp?) I know. ..time and space and all but who doesn't think that Paul Drake (son of Hedda Hopper) and George Phenemen are good lookin'. .

By Shannon on Thursday, October 22, 1998 - 06:13 pm:

"The Chain", damn!! It's such a powerful song. It seems like half of the Fleetwood Mac songs can apply to my life almost, if not perfectly. I've been depressed lately so I've been listenin' a lot to 'em!!

By Spider on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 10:23 am:

Hey, ooh, did you ever believe that I could leave you
    Standing out in the cold?
    Hey, babe, I know how it feels 'cause I have slipped through
    To the very depths of my soul, yeah

Oh-whoa, baby, I just want to show you what a clear view
    There is from every bend in the road
    Now, listen
    Oh, whoa-oh, as I was, believe it will be for you too, honey
    As you would for me, aw, I will share your load
    Let me share your load, ooh, let me share, share your load

And if you feeeeeell that you can't go on
    In the light, you will find the road

Hey, oh-ho, the winds of change may blow 'round you
    But that will always be so
    Oh, whoa-whoa, when love is pain, it can devour you
    If you are never alone

I will share your load
    I will share your load, baby, let me, ohhh, let me

In the light
    Everybody needs a light, whoo-ooh, yeah
    Ooh, baby, everybody, everybody, everybody

Light, light, light

In the light

I....I am obsessed. I just can't help myself. They're so....good....

Yesterday, I found myself contemplating a bid on a "Swan Song" t-shirt. $5.95. I was giddy at the thought of wearing it without irony. Then reason prevailed. I'll remain a closet fan.

By Joe on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 02:07 am:

it's really great to see something that you read 4 years ago. you know, hal, it's great for a fucking hippie like me that a rock & roll song from the 60's played a part in us becoming a member of the galactic community. i won't live to see it but my music will. hot damn!!

By semillama on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 09:05 am:

"Bob"?

By Spider on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 09:23 am:

Well, BOB (spelled in allcaps) is the name of the demon in Twin Peaks. Who knows what HAL-1 meant, though.

Crying won't help you, praying won't do you no good...

By Joe on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 02:21 am:

i thought that HAL-1's post was obvious.

By Vilnius viper on Thursday, July 10, 2003 - 10:45 pm:

in my head,is YOU MAKE LOVING FUN [fleetwood mac] it reminds me of the the evening i met the so called QUEEN OR THE WHITCHES in the country i was staying in at the time.she was most interesting,had a collection of 5000 books on whitchcraft,also had complete domination over all whitches and warlocks for a radius of 20 miles.when i left her dwelling to walk to my car,i noticed a thick layer of ice crystals had formed whilst i had been indoors.it was like walking on diamonds.

By Vilnius viper on Thursday, July 10, 2003 - 11:22 pm:

p.s.............................OR is of course OF.[i am again only testing your mental agillity]

By dave. on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 12:52 am:

my mental agility passed your test. this does not say a whole hell of a lot about your test.

i'm all of a sudden fighting off a fit of yawning.

By Vilnius viper on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 05:23 am:

dave,so am i,but it has been a long day.zzzz zzz

By Vilnius viper on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 09:32 pm:

dave, it has been another long day, [14 hours],BUT to stay true to this thread,my song for today is somthing like MORE THAN A WOMAN TO ME.[GOD KNOWS WHAT THE GROUP WAS]bee gee,s perhaps?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact