Jesus Christ Superstar

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Jesus Christ Superstar
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Sean on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 12:49 am:
    I know the every word to Jesus Christ Superstar and I am certain it will come
    in handy some day.. like if I ever want to get my ass kicked by a horde of Catholics
    with very pale skin.

Every time I look at you I don't unserstand
    Why you let the things you did get so out of hand
    It would have happened better had you had a plan.
    So why'd you choose such a bad boy town in such a strange land?
    If you'd come today you would have reached a whole nation
    Israel before B.C. had no mass communication.

By Bring me the Headcheese of.....oh..the personification of some ancient figure on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 03:33 am:
    In 4 B.C.?

oooooops, you know the words! Sing it!

By Catholics with pale skin on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 09:20 am:
    Sean, we've been looking for an excuse to kick your ass. Now BEND OVER!

By MoonUnit on Monday, March 8, 1999 - 07:37 pm:

My mum used to sing:

Jesus Christ
    Superstar
    Riding around in a motor car

Fly's undone
    He don't care
    He's got supersonic underwear.

And now whenever I see/hear Jesus Christ Superstar I get reminded of that

By Karmyn on Wednesday, May 5, 1999 - 12:05 am:

um...not to discourage you or anything shaun
    but its
    "why'd you choos such a BACKWARD time in such a strange land"
    your way is cuter though

By Qristus on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 04:47 am:

I'm actually guilty of this as well (knowing all the words)... And I have since I was about 12 (I'm 23 now). My stepmother had the double LP from the rock opera (far superiour to the movie soundtrack), and it was the record that got me hooked on music, even though it's not at all representative for my current tastes.

I'm glad I'm not alone :)

By SkooterLeeRoth on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 01:06 pm:

I must disagree with Qristus on the the Soundtrack/Rock Opera thing. The Judas on the Movie Soundtrack has a much more powerful voice/emotinal acting skill than on the record. I love that movie, in fact I just watched it last week, and own a copy of it. I like the whole idea that God is a total asshole who sets up innocent people (Judas) to do his dirty work and then totally destroys them.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact