i hate it when this happens

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: i hate it when this happens
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By sarah on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 12:29 pm:

help! i'm trying to think of the name of a late 70's early 80's era rock singer, male, who went by his first and last name (not a band name). his music sounds like a cheesy cross between Loverboy and Queen. he had like one album with maybe 3 hits on it, and i don't recall hearing from him again after that.

not Steve Miller.

i can't even think of the name of one his songs or lyrics, but the melody of one particular song is swarming through my head.

please help me solve this mystery before my head explodes.

By Dougie on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 12:32 pm:

Billy Squier?

By sarah on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 12:41 pm:

sweet and sour jesus, yes.

Dougie, i worship the ground you walk on.

By Dougie on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 12:44 pm:

I liked that guy in junior high school. Whatever happened to him? Which song do you like -- The Stroke, or Lonely Is the Night?

By droopy on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 12:54 pm:

flashback to junior high for me, too.

my kinda lover?

By Nate on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 01:06 pm:

mmm sweet and sour jesus. i think i'll have chinese for lunch.

By droopy on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 01:13 pm:

i had jesus christ on a toasted bagel for breakfast.

By sarah on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 01:16 pm:

turns out he had quite a few albums.

i'm making a Turducken playlist on senor's nano. in the past she's mostly enjoyed lullabye type music (classical, alison krauss) but she's recently shown interest in music heavy on beat and rythym.

i started the playlist in the 60's with aretha of course. then 70's with queen, bob marley, paul simon. 80's it gets tricky - mostly early hip hop like salt n pepa. 90's blind melon, beck... i'm a little stuck at this point. early 90's gets particularly unfunky unless you dig in to stuff with explicit lyrics.

anyway, billy squier, why not! it may be cheesy, but to an almost one year old, it would probably be groovy.

By Antigone on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 01:35 pm:

Ada and I dance and sing to Radiohead and Gorrilaz.

By sarah on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 04:29 pm:

i just put OPP on there.

that probably makes me a bad mom.

how many brothahs out there know just what i'm gettin at?

By Nate on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 04:34 pm:

other people's pampers

By beta on Thursday, October 2, 2008 - 02:14 am:

They're the opposite of funky, but most of the kids in my life really enjoy Miracle Legion.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, October 2, 2008 - 03:38 am:

Sarah, OPP? what is Opp? I am curious.

By Spider on Thursday, October 2, 2008 - 10:10 am:

Hmmm, I confess I'm not down with OPP. That P is best left to its own devices.

By agatha on Thursday, October 2, 2008 - 12:39 pm:

Miracle Legion! I didn't know anyone else in the universe besides me and my other New Haven friends liked Miracle Legion. Wow.

I forgot about OPP. Wow.

By beta on Thursday, October 2, 2008 - 06:20 pm:

Yeah- I can thank the adventures of Pete & Pete for turning me onto a lot of excellent music in my formative years.
    If you're a Mulcahy fanatic you should check out some of the stuff he wrote for the musical "The Slug Bearers of Kayrol Island" -I haven't been fond of most of his recent solo stuff, but the music he did for the show is really pretty great.

By Dr Pepper on Friday, October 3, 2008 - 01:16 am:

B-B-But. W-W-What I-I-Is OPP?? I am am asking.

By Nate on Friday, October 3, 2008 - 01:35 am:

By beta on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 06:30 pm:

Dear Sarah,
    Probably not appropriate, but...
    linky

Thinking of your turducken,
    beta

By sarah on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 11:02 pm:

i fucking love that video. i swear i just watched it again for the 20th time maybe a week ago or so.

By sarah on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 11:03 pm:

oh, and the Turducken currently loves De La Soul.

By droopy on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 02:20 am:

has anybody noticed the post on wayd where margret - remember margret? - said she was having contractions?

it's almost frightening how many sorabjites are spawning.

By agatha on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 12:51 pm:

I know, and I was irritated with her deliberate coyness. I want details! There are a lot of spawners around here lately. You can count on me to not be spawnin,' just so's you know.

By Spider on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 05:12 pm:

Margret, that pip. How dare she dip her toe in this place and not visit us properly.

By agatha on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 12:00 am:

I KNOW, RIGHT?

By Dr Pepper on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 03:08 am:

Who's Margret?

By Spider on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 11:07 am:

(Damn, I should have used an exclamation mark, because that looks sarcastic when I was being sincerely outraged.)

I KNOW. We're two clicks away from WAYD -- just drop into a random thread and say hello!

Read the archives, Dr. Pepper.

By semillama on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 05:30 pm:

Yes, we need more Margret.

By droopy on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 06:56 pm:

she left her email address, ya know. that and the streamlined spelling of her name is what confirmed her identity for me. i think one of you baby mommas (or daddies) should email her if you want her back on the boards. tell her to join the sorabji reproductive organization.

By agatha on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 01:47 pm:

Well maybe I will! Hmmmph.

By Danielssss on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 10:14 pm:

Shower reproduction antics. sans reproductive potential but just going through the motions should do.

Had a wonderful couple hours of Wagner, Zimmerman, and Sibelius at the Powell on friday night. Got to be spiffed and chauffeured. Felt good, and experienced a great soprano and cellist from Finland, two creation myths were spotlighted and sung about, one in Finnish and the other in English. If you are in NYC next week, check is out at the Carnegie, the St L Symphony plays the same stuff there. Great.

Not as good as singing in the shower however, as a duet.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact