Kill Me Now - Chapin Sisters

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Kill Me Now - Chapin Sisters
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 06:49 pm:

by the Chapin Sisters.

I just came to know of these women. last wekend, walking the dog in my neighborhood....which sits atop a prominent hill top 2 miles north of downtown...i hear what sound like singing coming across the way, near the elementary school. Walking along the road that runs the crestline I notice hand made signs that say "Obama" and point towards the singing. It's beautiful....im drawn to like a sailor to syrens. Sure enough, there's benefit for Obama at one of these beautiful old craftsman mansions that sit along this particular road. Asking a couple leaving who was singing....I get their name.

11 downloads later i have their album. its good.

droop, this seems like something right up your ally.
    http://thechapinsisters.com/

By Dougie on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 09:36 pm:

Any relation? To, you know, Harry? I don't see any mention in their Bio. Will check out soon on a PC with decent sound. I'm very partial to female singers lately.

By droopy on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 12:18 am:

i've heard some of their stuff on an eclectic music show on my local public radio station. i dug it. only two of them are chapins - nieces of harry. the third is the daughter of wes craven. might explain a few things.

the music i ordered recently came while i was away on my trip. i'm listening to larry young's "groove street" right now. hammond b3 organ whiskey and cigarettes jazz. the live fats waller is jumpin'. the gangbe brass band is sort of a combination of ladysmith black mambazo, the dirty dozen brass band, and a little hugh masakela thrown in. a good morning soul-stirrer.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 04:13 pm:

funny dougie, as have I....that is female country/folk singers. Gillian Welch, Neko Case to name a few.

i've chalked it up to being mildly depressed, highly stressed out amongst a few other conditions thus wanting a dig creative women.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 08:13 pm:

i've chalked it up to being mildly depressed, highly stressed out amongst a few other conditions thus wanting a dig creative women.

Hmmmmm......how interesting.....

By patrick on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 08:25 pm:

you have no idea

By heather on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 08:37 pm:

i can't parse any of that

By Dougie on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 12:31 am:

Shoot, haven't listened to them yet, Patrick. Just got a delivery from Amazon today, and it was all women except for Mark Knopfler's new CD. Got the new Pretenders, Annie Lennox, and Linda Ronstadt. Pretenders sounds really good -- haven't listened to the others yet. Gotta love Chrissy and the Pretenders. And Mark's CD is awesome -- totally understated, beautiful songs. Ragpicker's Dream is still my fav, but this one's really good.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact