How did you find sorabji.com?

sorabji.com: What are you doing here?: How did you find sorabji.com?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Chordata on Friday, May 22, 1998 - 01:52 pm:
    How did everyone wind up here?

I am a regular vistor to a great site called "Cruel Site of the Day," and the old sorabji site was featured for the story of Mark's friend with the giant penis. I then read the open letter to the makers of Kool-Aid, and after cleaning myself up after pissing in my chair, I knew I was hooked.

I went to the new site, and spent five straight hours listening to the piano music and reading the stories and boards.

In fact, I loved the Mussorgsky and Glass piano pieces so much that I fell asleep listening to them that night, and went out the next day and bought the songs in CD form.

Taaaa-DAAAAAAAH!

What's your story?

By Snow Queen on Friday, May 22, 1998 - 04:32 pm:
    I also orginally came from CSOD but through a link to Glassdog where I was a semi-regular reader of the Lance Arthur Experience. He had links to lots of other cool places, and I think I came here through Jen's Olio link. I'm not even sure anymore...
    But, the posting boards here have kept me hooked. And often keep me from working ;^)

By Christop on Friday, May 22, 1998 - 07:19 pm:
    back in the early, heady days of the web, when suddenly whole exciting new vistas of creativity were opening up to the tired, battle-scarred veterans of dialup bbses, fidonet and usenet, a bold young adventurer sounded a clarion call to those who had ears to hear. a call to arms. a battle cry. and yet even those who heeded with newfound joy in their hearts could not in their wildest dreams imagine the mighty sorabji.com empire-to-be that was born that day.

then again, maybe you had to be there.

By Markus on Friday, May 22, 1998 - 08:20 pm:
    It is, you know. Time for toilets.

Excuse me, I'll be back in a minute.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, May 22, 1998 - 09:55 pm:
    PetRock turned brought sorabji.com to my attention, and for that I will be forever greatful!!!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, May 22, 1998 - 09:55 pm:
    PetRock brought sorabji.com to my attention, and for that I will be forever greatful!!!

By Spiracle on Friday, May 22, 1998 - 11:45 pm:
    i don't remember how i found this place..
    seems too long ago...and i can hardly remember
    a week ago..

at a time i got hooked into 'cool site of the day'
    and other sites of that sort....and i just
    went back through the archives of one..
    and i think that's how i found this place..

By R.C. on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 01:05 am:
    I was dragged in kicking & screaming by the deranged digital elves from Mark's tech support room. They forced me to partake of Paranoia.com. After one hit/I was hooked. Linkage from there lead me here/where I have remained for longer than I care to admit/ descending ever deeper into addiction. (A virtual social life is so much cheaper than the real thing. And you don't have to worry abt cleaning up yr apt. in case someone stops by to visit.) But I've got a new job -- real/not temp! -- starting Tues. And I'll be moving in 2 wks. & *sob* won't have a phoneline for a while. So I'm hoping to go cold turkey... (Altho' my computer at work is connected to the web...)

Plus he was so gorgeously shaggy & intense on the bedcam shots. Such adorableness...

Actually/it's all Lance's fault that I'm Hooked On Sorabji. If he ever starts reading his e-mail again/I will rebuke him soundly for this!

By PetRock on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 02:22 am:
    Well as I mentioned once before on the WAYD board, I found this site through an article in the Washington Post.

And I've been pretty consistent in checking in every day or so.....otherwise there are those nasty withdrawal pains. (Don't you just love when you post a message and you check back the next day to see how many, if any, responses were generated? Now THAT is real masturbatory gratification!)

By Nelly on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 03:17 am:
    I can't honestly say that I remember for 100% sure, but my positiveness is in the high 90's that i did an Altavista search on the word "weird" and somehow found my way to The Old Site. I bookmarked it... the title at the time was February 3, 1997 The Place of General Happiness...

By Dave on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 05:22 am:
    My sweetie hung out here and when she went back east for a few weeks, I got lonely and sort of stalked her online at places where she hung out and annoyed people regularly. I couldn't stomach Riotgrrl.com but this place I felt could be a place where I could make an ass of myself on a regular basis. I wish I could say I was an old school internet denizen. Why is it so glamorous to be old school? Things are always so dorky and awkward at the beginning. I can't imagine it being fun to post on bbs sites from your commodore 64 and a 1200 baud modem but a lot of folks got off on it.

By Markus on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 02:35 pm:
    We got off on it for the same reason you hang here. But back then, this "virtual community" was a new and exciting thing that had never before existed, where one could be judged solely on one's self, not gender, race, attractiveness, age, etc. These are all things we take for granted, along with the attendant problems of aliasing, gender switching, loss of constraints on anti-social behavior, etc. It was a revolutionary world, and to participate, you had to be both somewhat knowledgeable and willing to work for it. Computers were not so common, and were even more hostile to human usage, telecomms was primitive, and there was none of this graphical stuff. That's right, sonny, back in MY day, not just any schmo off the street could waltz in and throw up his incoherent ramblings; we didn't have it so easy like today's youth, taking it all for granted, why, we had to walk ten miles through the snow, uphill both ways,.....zzzzz, huh? Run along, time for gramps to take a nap.

By Oatmeal boy on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 05:35 pm:
    White Male, 22, Middle Class.

I am not sure what brought me here. I had this dream of being able to chainge our society as it is today. A way of getting rid of all the "poor excuses for Negros". Sorabji.com has given me a new way to express my observations. So far I haven't found any supporters here, but that only makes me work harder towards my dream of a better society with no "Crackers" and "Niggers".

By Chickadee on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 07:22 pm:
    And I thought that my posts were stupid. (Erase them at your discretion, please, Mark!) I surrender. I can see that I've been outdone in the "stupidity posing as provocation" department.

<yawn>

By Naran on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 08:57 pm:
    Sometime in late 1996 or early 1997 I found awaken.org through someone's link list. The basic concept was of trying to discover things about the human race by reading the personal stories of ordinary people, this being facilitated by the web. That site got me interested in sites with online journals and stories about personal experiences. I eventually found a site that listed a few dozen such places, and picked from the list, "The Place of General Happiness". It was one of the most amazing things I had yet seen on the web. So I found sorabji.com by staying around when The New Site came on line.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 11:59 pm:
    Chickadee, as annoying as your LOLs were, this new champion of Sorabji's worst denizen is FULL of hate. You were full of laughter. :-)

By Chordata on Sunday, May 24, 1998 - 01:13 am:
    I'm so happy to have found a nice place to hang out here. And, it's so refreshing to unite against a common enemy. LOL

By Underwater on Sunday, May 24, 1998 - 01:40 am:
    to be honest, i found this place by searching webcrawler for information on lawn mowers

By Kelsey on Sunday, May 24, 1998 - 03:08 am:
    i did a search for happiness. still searching at times. i don't go to riotgrrl anymore. it was kinda neat when i was new to the net, but now it's just annoying and condescending. this is the only site i visit regularly, besides my own, of course.

By Blindswine on Sunday, May 24, 1998 - 06:02 pm:
    i got here after crawling around "paranoia.com"... some woman (who's website was funnier than hell) had a link to mark's "penis story" (which still cracks me up)...

that was back in december....

now it's late may...

this can't be healthy.

By Wisper on Sunday, May 24, 1998 - 07:35 pm:
    Shortly after getting the internet, I spent hours on the "Why Christians Suck" page on Paranoia.com (dancing Jesus still cracks me up...) One day I decided to see what else the lovely people at paranioa had to offer me, and low and behold I found the payphone listings, and from there the legendary 'Place of General Happiness'. It was because of the old site, Marks stories, and the sheer absurdity (and logic) of the Payphone Project that I became a REAL internet addict, I still remember the first time I read the famous penis story...it was 4am........
    I forgot about the whole thing for a while, wasting my time on chat rooms when I should have been there...but we all come back eventually, and after my beloved chat room died, I followed the Place of General Happiness to here, where I belong.

By Christopher on Sunday, May 24, 1998 - 08:11 pm:
    I followed a link from Usenet a couple years ago to a story by Mark. Somehow or another, I didn't bookmark it, and lost my way. Ironically enough CSOD, with the now infamous Penis story, was my beacon back home. Like Markus, I'm an old BBS and Telnet geek, and I think it's the fact that Sorabji.com is a text based (mostly) site that appeals to me. We've seen it all here, haven't we? One thing remains resoundingly clear to me. People are basically good. I've read postings that came from the heart, by people who had something to say. My hopes are that this site will remain a place of General Happiness. It can get messy when old computer geeks are pushed too far.

By R.C. on Monday, May 25, 1998 - 02:30 am:
    Somebidy, anybody -- PLEASE post a link here to the Why Christians Suck BBS @ Paranoia! I KNOW it's gotta be hysterical. But for all the time I spent there/I never came across such a thing.

By Markus on Monday, May 25, 1998 - 02:31 am:
    I agree with my erudite colleague that a big attraction of the site is the lack of pointless styling crowding out substance ala Wired or most Websites. While this does hark back to the BBS and command line days of yore, I think for me it is more general and has to do with the power and beauty of the written word more than the computer interface. Even with computer adventure games, I still prefer the old text Adventure/Zork games over the amazing graphics they've continually got coming out. Book beats movie nine out of ten.

While an old cynic like me can't quite bring myself to say that people are basically good, I know what Christopher's saying and tend to agree. But the real appeal for me of these sorts of places has always been the sense of community among a set of diverse people I would never meet or know anywhere else, even if they all lived within a mile of me.

For the record, since that IS the official thread topic, it's been too long since I stumbled in here and found my ramblings tolerated to remember exactly how I got here, but I assume it was the Payphone Project that got me in the door.

PS. If that was the real Chickadee still lurking about up above, I'm glad to hear it. I was feeling a little bad that my surliness may have frightened one of the youngsters off the board. As anyone here can tell you, just ignore the harmless old computer geek's mutterings.

By N on Monday, May 25, 1998 - 04:48 am:

By R.C. on Monday, May 25, 1998 - 08:18 pm:
    Thanks, N. (That you, Nate?) I gotta sign off now/but I bookmaked it & I'll definitely delve into Why Christians Suck later.

By Christopher on Monday, May 25, 1998 - 08:59 pm:
    Oh, thats the companion site to "Why Jews Suck", and "Why Muslims Suck", as well as "Why Zoroastrians Suck", right? I'm still waiting for "Why puerto rican 7th day adventist lesbians with nose rings suck". Jeez people. Haven't we had enough? labels and hate. Why can't I just come in here and not find all this hate? And if one more fucker calls me an Xian, I'll rip off there genitalia and make Xmas ornaments out of them. Shit.

By Dave on Monday, May 25, 1998 - 09:10 pm:
    Today's wet blanket award winner: Christopher!

Can we call you "X"?

By Pete on Monday, May 25, 1998 - 10:04 pm:
    Oh, he's just a little irritable today Dave. Give him some slack....

I guess the X reunion tour is out of the question, right Christopher?

By Nate on Monday, May 25, 1998 - 10:21 pm:
    I saw Ys once at a state fair. I wish it had been D-Lite. Or Q-Tip and the rest of Tribe.

No, N is not me. U know? N would B A different person.

E!
    Wha'the 'L?
    What an F'n S O B! Jesus H ...

O! No! Not U!
    Calm down, smoke a J. You're not really pissed, R U?

G!, I really need to P. 2 much T 4 me! And all the pizza I 8!

C-Ya. Gotta go catch some Z's.

By Sheila on Monday, May 25, 1998 - 10:50 pm:
    I got here via the Payphone Project, got there from What's Cool. I have been skulking around for months, hesitating, enjoying, remembering, basking. I can tell from you others that I am really removed from your worlds, and yet. . . . .it's all coming back to me now and in real life I am near you in many senses.

I think I am the only person like me where I am, in a constant rage against ( ) yet bemused. Thanks for being there, here.

By Wisper on Tuesday, May 26, 1998 - 08:38 pm:
    Chris, you obviously haven't seen Dancing Jesus yet. Here you go. Don't worry, it's all in good fun. xoxox
    Shake shake shake.......
    N: N! as in, THEE "N"? The WCS N !!!???
    hi!

By Sarah on Tuesday, May 26, 1998 - 08:59 pm:
    in my constant and unwavering devotion to being an outlaw, i wanted to get information on PGP encryption. i thought i would start using it and making others who wanted to get in contact with me use it too. not because i have anything top secret to hide, but i thought it might make me seem, you know, hip or something.

so i did a PGP search on yahoo or infoseek or whatever. and being that search engines always give you the most perspicuous and up-to-date results, my search led me to the paranoia.com links page. it's a long fucking list of links too. and i don't even remember if i found anything about PGP from that page.

what i did find was a link called The House of Happy. or rather, it seems that The House of Happy found me.

either way, it's been an interesting journey.

By Stacey M on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 02:50 am:
    Gosh, I picked up a free postcard in New York with the Chickclick.com and various other girl site addresses. I was gonna go to riotgrrl.com, but some strange force pulled me here. I'm sort of a wide-eyed novice at all of this. I have a feirce moderation gene that keeps me from becoming a net junkie, so I haven't really spent much time exploring, yet. But this place is encouraging. I mean, Dancing Jesus is funny and I owe that laugh to you guys. So I'm sure I'll be back.

By Keith RM on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 12:27 pm:
    I'm a computer programmer, and the product
    we're working on allows you to place long
    distance calls over the Internet. I'm located
    in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but the gateway
    I was testing was in Hong Kong.

So... I needed some sort of automated service
    number to phone in Hong Kong. I did a search
    (using Lycos or something) for the country
    code 852, and the word telephone, and some
    other stuff. That's how I found the Payphone
    Project. It was a short jump from there to
    here.

Oh, by the way, to find out tourist stuff in
    Hong Kong, try 011 852 2807 6177

By Marat on Tuesday, July 14, 1998 - 08:19 am:
    I went to hell.com, they wouldn't let me in, so I got tired of the shit, and pressed the stop button. The site screwed up and gave me three adresses, sorabji was one of them the other one was superbad.com

By Marat on Tuesday, July 14, 1998 - 08:20 am:
    I went to hell.com, they wouldn't let me in, so I got tired of the shit, and pressed the stop button. The site screwed up and gave me three adresses, sorabji was one of them the other one was superbad.com

By Snow Queen on Tuesday, July 14, 1998 - 04:45 pm:
    I pop in here frequently on breaks at work but my computer crashed and was rebaselined this morning. All of my "favorites" folder was erased. I was so sad! How can I live without Sorabji, I thought. Fortunately I found my way back here by doing a search on "sorabji" and followed the links back to this BBS. All is well.

By Starchy on Tuesday, July 14, 1998 - 11:51 pm:
    Wow. I would've just typed in sorabji.com and hoped it was right. In fact, that's what I usually do before going to a search engine for just about anything...

By Gubiotti on Thursday, July 16, 1998 - 01:27 pm:
    Freshman year at Northwestern-- late '96, early '97, I followed a link to the "Open Letter to the Makers of Kool-Aid"

At a time when the novelty of the 'personal web site' was beginning to dwindle, "The Place of General Happiness" reminded me of the potential for reaching other folk from the home PC.

By Joanne on Thursday, July 16, 1998 - 08:12 pm:
    november 23 1997. think it was glassdog - oh he has a lot to answer for

i come back because it's *different* goddammit

By Starchy on Friday, July 17, 1998 - 11:29 am:
    During one of my repeated missions to break my way into www.23.com (give it a try - it's fun!), I actually followed there outward link www.jodi.org, which is (IMHO) easily the best mindfuck on the 'net. Well, somewhere in the altered state that jodi.org had me in, I found a link to... you guessed it...

sorabji.com

By Rye on Tuesday, July 21, 1998 - 04:05 am:
    Found sorabji in a manner similar to that last guy sans the "repeated missions to break my way..." part. I know very, very, little about this new-fangled inter-net computer but I'm always finding myself in the strangest places.

By Quidam on Tuesday, July 21, 1998 - 04:29 am:
    Me?

I was born knowing about sorabji.com.

The URL for this site has been passed down in my family for generations. When my ancestors fled the potato famine, sorabji.com went with them. When Rommel rolled his tanks into the desert, my relatives browsed sorabji.com when they weren't crushing the allies. 10,000 years ago, cavemen who would later sire my entire bloodline related the days goings on in the stalking post. Millions of years ago, when the human race was only amino acids and proteins floating in light gravy, those amino acids and polysaccaride chains that would become my family bonded in complex WAYD sequences. And even further back, when my soul was only a mote in God's eye, I waited patiently for the results of my new message search.

I.... am tetsuo.

By Starchy on Tuesday, July 21, 1998 - 09:49 am:
    Hot damn, man!

I'd nominate that for message of the week, if it weren't for that theological erotica someone else spooged out to us.

By Jon Morgan on Thursday, July 30, 1998 - 11:03 am:
    I was just surfing around and came across this
    site. My biggest reaction was: Wow, they're really
    creating a list of all the pay phones in the
    world? That's quite a project! It is a gigantic
    site, with tons to see and I'm impressed by what
    has been accompli

By Elrak Lord of the Elves on Friday, July 31, 1998 - 09:45 pm:
    I was at a friend's website, saw the link, did a little traveling, and ended up here. I don't exactly know why though.....

By -oDDBALL oDD- on Friday, July 31, 1998 - 09:59 pm:
    I don't remember.

I am just grateful.

By PyroniC on Thursday, August 20, 1998 - 11:00 pm:

I was bored, it was 4:00 AM, and I wanted someone to talk to... the only logical thing for me to do was to search for "pay phone numbers" (oh, of COURSE!). That's how I happened upon this site. In my 6 years or so on the net, it's one of the best sites I've ever been to... I'm attracted to the unusual, and "normal" is something sorabji is NOT. Nay, it's a mind-boggling mix of babblings, questions, and half-answers, and damnit, I love it. All hail Sorabji!

By MoonUnit on Thursday, August 20, 1998 - 11:19 pm:

*l* I came here from Disgruntled Housewife I think? Or from a link from that site to this one then I lost it... then I found it again with the Payphone project. Looks as tho thats pretty famous!

By K on Friday, August 21, 1998 - 10:13 pm:

Actually, I was searching netfind for Slyvia Plath and it brought me to What do you Want. And I haven't been here too long, but i know it will become a frequently visited favorite place. I hate webaholism.

By MandeZ on Saturday, August 22, 1998 - 03:02 am:

Believe it or not, it was my grandmother who led me here. And this is not a rip off of Quidam's superb discourse. She told me of the page where my cousin had found all the pay phone numbers. She didn't have it quite right, tho, and I faced many of the beasts that lurk at the ends of false internet addresses. I finally tracked down my cousin and, with my hands about his throat, he finally confessed that it was, indeed, sorabji.com.

By Soldier for Christ on Saturday, August 22, 1998 - 03:50 am:

Repent now or you will all be thrown into the lake of fire forever, and I will be in paradise watching you sqiurm and nash your teeth and try to say your sorry to God, but it will be to late for you then, you fools!!!
    Jesus is coming back soon and you will all be sorry when He does.
    Coming soon:
    Why Cristian haters will die an endless death burning in hell FOREVER & EVER.
    May God have mercy on you all, Amen

By -oDDBALL oDD- on Saturday, August 22, 1998 - 08:16 am:

Fuck you and your god.

AMEN

By Starchy on Saturday, August 22, 1998 - 04:12 pm:

Explain this to me, one step at a time. From the beginning, so that it makes sense. No assumptions here. Really. I'd LOVE to see you do that.

By Quidam on Sunday, August 23, 1998 - 04:17 pm:

Forget it Starchy, it will never happen. That post is either a troll, or the confused babblings of someone who had a disappointing life. Either way, you will never get a logical answer from them.

My bet though is that it's a troll.

By MandeZ on Tuesday, August 25, 1998 - 02:01 am:

Did you know that they kidnap trolls and force them into slavery running Saab cars? True! I swear!

By Quidam on Tuesday, August 25, 1998 - 06:36 am:

I suppose it beats living under a bridge.

By Alyssa on Monday, September 14, 1998 - 05:14 pm:

One cold night in January I turned on my computer. Being the practical person that I am, and a newbie to the net, I searched for entertainment in netscape's cool sites. The payphone project caught my eye.

Surfing for the first time and I came here. How about that.

I lurked around the payphone story posts and then found the mingle questions.

After reading Mark's old open letters for three nights in a row at the old site I had a terrible neckache but came out alive.

I recently fell off the internet wagon but am determined not to be an addict. This will always be a nice place to visit. I just don't want to live here, haunting it in that attention-starved, bored way I once did.

Best wishes to the crazy conglomeration of webcrawlers assembled here at Sorabji.com.

By Southie on Monday, September 14, 1998 - 09:32 pm:

I believe the fact that i'm 16 and have no life other than school might have contributed to me coming here. Oh, no that's wrong. Stupid me. Some lazy guy wanted me to interpret a book's meaning for him. Poor lad. So i got on the 'ol search engine and found a message board. And aren't I glad that I found it. Now I have something worthwhile to pass my time instead of doing say, calculus homework, not to mention my damn english paper. I extend my greatest appreciation to Pet Rock...and all of you other wonderful souls for giving me something entertaining to read.

By Slacker on Tuesday, September 15, 1998 - 03:41 am:

hey man, i was just lookin' for some weed.

By Kelsey on Tuesday, September 15, 1998 - 02:05 pm:

hi, alyssa.

By Alyssa on Tuesday, September 15, 1998 - 07:52 pm:

Hi Kelsey :)

By Pembridge on Tuesday, September 15, 1998 - 10:25 pm:

I realize this is a common answer, but I found it through a link to the open letter to the makers of Kool-Aid...and now I have the Paul Haws and Rod Barnett sagas to keep me entertained at work....

By Karia on Wednesday, September 16, 1998 - 04:25 am:

Hello to all!
    I found this place whilst looking for a chorlton and the wheelies page, loved that and now spend my time reading your comments and occasionally adding my own.. thanks and keep going!

By Juniper on Thursday, October 1, 1998 - 12:05 pm:

I don't know how I got here
    I think I am lost
    I have been trapped in this room
    alone with only a computer
    for too long
    won't some one come save me!!!!

By SU-27 on Thursday, October 1, 1998 - 12:18 pm:

HEHEHE

By Mesozoic on Thursday, October 1, 1998 - 01:09 pm:

Juniper, why did you send me here? This is hurting my head...

By Juniper on Thursday, October 1, 1998 - 01:42 pm:

I am trying to destroy you, as are most people.

By Phreak on Thursday, October 1, 1998 - 07:18 pm:

Juniper, I want you. The way you type is sooooo sexy. Cum to me baby. I'll be waiting...

By PetRock on Thursday, October 1, 1998 - 10:13 pm:

Southie....oh my god, you were looking up The Old Man & The Sea, weren't you???

I can't believe they don't have some type of Cliffs Notes for that damn book.

Oh, and you're welcome....

By Slacker on Friday, October 2, 1998 - 02:06 am:

one day i just woke up and there it was.

By SU-27 on Friday, October 2, 1998 - 08:35 am:

hey Phreak shut your fucking mouth

so Jupiter having fun yet..........

By Quidam on Friday, October 2, 1998 - 01:44 pm:

I didn't find Sorabji.com.

It found me.

One night, while walking home from tumbling class, I was accosted in a dark alley by a big fat Sorabji. It's breath was rank and smelled of cheap booze and cigarettes. I tried to fight, to struggle against it's crushing weight as it pressed me further into the pile of damp trash.

It was no use, it was simply to powerful. It had it's way with me in all sorts of diabolical ways. I was a ragdoll play-thing, privy to all it's lustibulous secrets.

Contrary to popular belief, they don't prepare you for this in tumbling class.

I never felt so violated and dirty and it took me years before I was able to accept and deal with my own internal fascination with the event.

I never went back to tumbling class again.

By H. H. on Friday, October 2, 1998 - 02:19 pm:

By accident...if you believe there is such a thing.

Personally, I believe it was some form of diabolical mind control.

By . on Monday, October 12, 1998 - 10:03 pm:

i dunno what i'm doing here...

but it was cool... heh heh

By M1a1man on Thursday, October 29, 1998 - 08:01 am:

All you people need to get a life, And while your at it, just say "NO" to drugs.

m1a1man

By Dani on Thursday, October 29, 1998 - 09:00 am:

November 1997 was the first time I came to this site. I accused a friend of never thinking about me after we parted ways and he told me to go to this site where he posted a few "thinking of her" postings. So I guess next month is my 1 year anniversary of coming to this site. Time sure does fly right on by.
    ha ha!!

By Stuck-in-Hell on Tuesday, December 22, 1998 - 11:52 pm:

Listen,

I bought a computer, haven't slept for days! Found this strange site - HELL - (which by the way I am now addicted to) and it linked me here!

Somebody please help me.........I need my nice sane life back before my husband leaves me...

See ya again.

By Agatha on Wednesday, December 23, 1998 - 04:09 am:

i thought you regretted your marriage, anyhow? this site is totally addictive. go with it. there's far worse addictions, as far as i'm concerned. i try to limit myself to once in the morn, and once at night. doesn't always work, though.

By Me.......... on Wednesday, December 23, 1998 - 01:14 pm:

Whoa, bizarre----Hell--and linking you up with sorabji.com !! Could be-though, probably not.... More like limbo.............(an ENJOYABLE limbo, mind you !)............

By Me...... on Wednesday, December 23, 1998 - 02:44 pm:

WOW-you weren't kidding about HELL being a strange site......I just came back from HELL....I almost didn't make it !! Check it out, people, if you haven't.............

By Whet on Friday, December 25, 1998 - 08:07 am:

I just stopped in this morning to tell everyone
    Merry Christmas!
    *hugs*

By Slacker on Friday, December 25, 1998 - 08:09 am:

thanks for the hug.
    i think i peed a little.
    just exciteable i guess.

By Me.......... on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 11:02 am:

Okay.......so I guess talking about hell.com wasn't very appropriate at Christmas time......

By Chordata on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 01:43 pm:

holy hell.. i am so pleased to find out that so much later, this message is still going. praise be!

By Me........... on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 02:14 pm:

Oh.....okay,then, Chordata mentioned hell, too...

By Liam on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 02:54 pm:

Where have you been Chordata?

By Chordata on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 05:40 pm:

i have been taking a break from the internet. it's nice to see you guys again. hope you're still behaving yourselves.

By Innocent bystander on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 05:44 pm:

Chordata, are you mental ??????

By Semillama on Tuesday, January 26, 1999 - 04:29 pm:

I got here through a link on Robert Anton Wilson's website (makes sense...). I hope to return the favor by including sorabji.com as a link on my band's web page.

www.angelfire.com/mi/heyshutuprecords

this isn't really a plug, but if anyone thinks I'm kidding, you can check it out. or not.

By PetRock on Monday, February 1, 1999 - 07:21 pm:

Your link didn't work. And you didn't format it correctly (and you know how lazy Sorabjiites can be).

R.C. - give him a lesson on how to do the linky linky thing.

By Margret on Sunday, February 21, 1999 - 12:26 pm:

I found this site and blew it off, then got bored an tried it, and now...now I leave it minimized all day at work and between calls and printjobs and faxing and arrangin travel I check the WAYD and search new messages. The actual page I got to here from was one called www.myboot.com, and that guy got it because someone saw his page and e-mailed it to him. He humbly admits that it is vastly superior to his page.
    The Open letter to the makers of Kool-Aid did more than amuse me.
    'Nuff said.
    Except: Mark, did you ever get any kind of response?

By Cyst on Sunday, February 21, 1999 - 01:51 pm:

the short version:

I also got here through http://www.myboot.com

the long, dull version:

a couple of sort-of friends of mine broke up. the girl stopped writing her web diary, which apparently was very popular in the online journal world, and the boy started one of his own all about the breakup. I wanted to find out if anyone else on the web was writing about this amazing soap opera, so I looked up their names on http://www.altavista.com and found that http://www.pigdog.org had a running feature called "net loss: the rollins/shipley crisis."

pigdog had a link to some net digest, and there I found the link to www.myboot.com, and there I read about http://bbs.sorabji.com. I think I came here because I liked the guy's descriptions of either the stories or the photos. I love the photos on the start page, by the way, especially the recent pepsi and razor-wire pictures.

By Elephant Memory Gee on Monday, February 22, 1999 - 09:56 am:

It hasn't even been a week...but, I forget.

A mind like a steel trap, yes sir!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact