The Big Pictures

sorabji.com: What are you doing here?: The Big Pictures
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Sarah on Thursday, March 11, 1999 - 06:15 pm:

I really enjoy the new photos almost every day on the front page of sorabji.com. So far my two favorites are today's - the woman with the huge shoes holding a dunkin donuts styrofom cup - and the one from a few days ago showing a ripped piece of paper on a pole, something about a gay man.

I'm no art critic or anything, so I'm talking about composition or artistic value. All i'm saying is that the photos are really cool to look at. They are little stories of people and places, and it's like a glimpse through Mark's eyes.

I'm into it. I hope Mark keeps doing it for awhile.

By Dave on Thursday, March 11, 1999 - 09:45 pm:

The pictures are very nice. They make me want to buy one of those cheapie digital Barbie cams for about $65.00. I hear they really suck, though. We've gotten much use of the pics as desktop wallpaper. Thanks, Mark.

Love, Dave

P.S. Bite me.

By Dave on Saturday, March 13, 1999 - 12:05 am:

OUCH! Not there!

By Sheila on Sunday, March 14, 1999 - 12:30 pm:

what happened? is this thing working? where are all my friends?

By Sorabji on Sunday, March 14, 1999 - 02:01 pm:

in case anyone is wondering why the jewish guys suddenly re-appeared on the home page, why WAYD is a month old, why the payphone project reverted to its old design, and why a total of about 3,000 individual pages suddenly vanished from sorabji.com, it is because the company which hosts the site decided to wipe out the site of everyone on my server, replacing them with versions from around february 11. there is nothing i can do about it except upload what i have here, re-create every page that was not backed up, and just forget about a lot of others. life sucks, some days, but at least these boards were not affected. it was kind of fun mobilizing people all over the world to search through their browser's cache to see what traces of the site were in there. not a whole lot, it turns out, but enough to fix up a lot of pages pretty quickly.

By Sheila on Sunday, March 14, 1999 - 03:33 pm:

they should go to prison for that!

shame shame shame.

we must retaliate.

i like seeing the jews again, though.

By R.C. on Monday, March 15, 1999 - 12:33 am:

Gee -- that must've been a lot of work. Thank you, Mark.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact