the scooter bbs isnt working...

sorabji.com: What are you doing here?: the scooter bbs isnt working...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Charlie Chiva on Tuesday, March 30, 1999 - 05:32 am:

and Im here...

By Nate on Tuesday, March 30, 1999 - 11:04 am:

AND I BET YOU KNOW MR. MOTA, YOU FUCKING FOUR TONE ASSPIPE.

By Chucky C. on Wednesday, March 31, 1999 - 12:32 am:

You would'nt say that to me in person, pussy.God, I'd love to kick the shit out of you....

By Gee on Wednesday, March 31, 1999 - 05:11 am:

Dance, then wherever you may be,
    I am the Lord of the dance, said he,
    And I'll lead you all, wherever you may be,
    And I'll lead you all in the dance, said he

I don't know what's gotten into me...

By Swine on Wednesday, March 31, 1999 - 04:16 pm:

i had to sing that song every morning when i spent my first-grade year in london. the first time i heard Pink Floyd's "The Wall" it immediately reminded me of the headmistress there.
    she sucked harder than words could ever tell.

By MoonUnit on Wednesday, March 31, 1999 - 07:33 pm:

I won a book that had that in it somewhere...

How does the rest of it go?

By Swine on Wednesday, March 31, 1999 - 08:18 pm:

I danced in the morning when the world was begun
    I danced in the moon, the stars and the sun
    I danced down from Heaven and I danced on Earth
    At Bethlehem I had my birth

Dance, then, wherever you may be
    I am the Lord of the Dance, said He
    And I'll lead you all, wherever you may be
    And I'll lead you all in the dance, said He

I danced for the scribe and the Pharisee
    They would not dance; they would not follow me
    So I danced for the fisherman, for James and John
    They came with me and the dance went on

I danced on the Sabbath and I cured the lame
    They holy people said it was a shame
    So they whipped, they stripped, they hung me high
    And they left me on the cross to die

I danced on a Friday, when the sky turned black
    Its hard to dance with the Devil on your back
    Oh they buried my body, they thought I'd gone
    But I and the dance still go on

They cut me down, but I lept on high
    I am the light that will never, never die
    But I'll live in you if you'll live in Me
    I am the Lord of the Dance, said he

the more i think about it, must've been the fourth grade trip. i'd always sing the chorus and just mumble the rest of it. spent most the time wondering why i had to dress up like a chump in that shorts, tie, and sweater monkey-outfit and why i had to wear those wack-ass plimsouls when i had brand new addidas kicks at home.

i was really pissed-off about the plimsoul thing.

By R.C. on Thursday, April 1, 1999 - 01:12 am:

But I bet you were a-dor-a-ble in those little knickers & that tie. :)

London -- there's a place for you to relocate to!
    Although I personally wd rather be shot than ever set foot on British soil. But then I have issues...

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, April 1, 1999 - 08:15 am:

Swine-- you never cease to amaze me. Most impressive.

But I didn't know until VERY recently that the music for that song was written by Aaron Copeland.

By Gee on Friday, April 2, 1999 - 04:12 am:

I heard that song from Captain Tractor, and it's been running through my head all day. That and "Up the Hill" which is darn Darn hard to sing!

By PSGee on Friday, April 2, 1999 - 05:25 am:

I was listening to "Lord of the Dance" again, and I realized...there's some missing. Is this just the Captain Tractor version? I don't know because I've never heard the song from anyone else. It's right after the verse that mentions the Sabbath...

"See that chamelion,
    lying there in the sun
    All things to everyone,
    run run away"

I'm just kinda curious.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact