only during the three quarter moon

sorabji.com: Can men and women just be friends?: only during the three quarter moon
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Sarah on Sunday, July 19, 1998 - 08:08 am:
    when it comes to sex, i've a lot to learn about scruples. morality and ethics easily slip away from under a gentle caress or a soft, wet kiss. there's no psycho-drama attached to it; it has nothing to do with need for attention. i do not have issues. I just like to fuck. it's the nature of the serpent i guess.

i had worked for a year and half to get where i was that night. i had God in the palm of my hand, wrapped around my little finger. once again in the garden of eden, he and i laid under a pile of blankets, stretched out beneath the stars and a three-quarter moon. a village of tents surrounded us on every side. the sound of guitars and drums and laughter were faint but present. an occassional late-night wanderer passed close by as we pressed our bodies together.

his hard on betrayed his every philosophical and ethical conviction. my hand glided softly and expertly over his chest, down to his stomach. my fingertips traced the low hung waistline of his shorts, straying lower to tease between his legs. he purred softly.

i had definitely crossed the line that night. thinking about it now makes me laugh. i had never been so bold. he remained passive, but he did not ask me to stop. i'm sure God indulged in the fantasy of being helplessly seduced by the serpent. seduction was the trapdoor in an otherwise tightly sealed moral standard. as long as he laid there quietly and let me have my way, he could say he accidentally fell in. after all, who better to sympathize with such a predicament than Eve herself?

except in the real story God and Eve are not bound together by traditional relationship epoxy. they are much too liberated and self-actualized for such adhesives. instead, they have one very simple rule that holds their relationship together: they can do anything they want, they just have to tell each other. That was their alliance, their bond. No rings, no certificates. Just trust and honesty. it was the primary principle that defined their relationship and it's boundaries.

i bet you didn't know that God had made such promises to Eve. it's the part they always leave out to make eve look like the bad guy. it's actually quite brilliant and has served to maintain their monogamy for many years. ah. but let us not forget about the serpent and, more importantly, the tightening space between God's legs. We all know that moral and ethical convictions are no match for a really good hard-on.

"You're breathing heavy," i remember him saying suddenly.

"I can't help it," I replied. "You're so fucking sexy."

"You're pressing your hips into me," he noted.

I hadn't realized it, but he was right. I was squirming. My hips instinctively pushed up against him. He bent his leg and pressed his knee between my thighs. I moaned. the way he affected me was almost embarrassing.

"You're so sexy when you're turned on," he said.

I continued to tease him for quite a while longer, which only served my own torment. He laid there and let me play with him while I worked myself up into a feral desire.

"I want this so badly," I said. "But I'm afraid. I don't want to lose your friendship. I'd rather be dead. It's not worth it to me."

"Why would you lose my friendship?" He asked.

"Because you will have to tell Eve and then I'll never be allowed to see you again. She would never let you near me. I couldn't deal with that."

"That's not true," he explained. "She and I don't put those kinds of restrictions on each other. That's not what we're about. Eve and I would just have to deal with a different reality."

"Is that what you want?" I asked.

"I don't know what I want anymore," he said unsteadily.

Underneath my fingertips, something told me that he knew exactly what he wanted.

The serpent temps.

"I can envision three scenarios," I breathed into his ear, "and none of them include telling Eve anything."

"What are they?" God tried to veil the eagerness in his voice.

"One involves us laying here naked together all night. Another involves us fucking each other's brains out. And the other one is somewhere in between." I wanted to leave something for his imagination.

"And what exactly lies in between? What are you thinking?"

"You know. It's what you want. It's exactly what you want. And you know it'll be so good. You can tell, can't you, by the way I touch you…" my fingertips danced lightly across the front of his shorts.

"Yes," he whispered, noticeably fidgeting under my touch.

He closed his eyes. I watched him. We thought.

I brought one of his passive hands to my chest. He touched me briefly and then withdrew. "I'm sorry. I can't." His guilt was too great for such boldness. "This isn't fair to you."

"But I don't care about fair," I said, bringing my mouth to his. My lips brushed his goatee.

"But then I get what I want and all you're left with is a mouthful," he said remorsefully. God had spoken the truth. God is so painfully righteous, even in the face of his own desire.

"I guess you're right," I replied, wishing he wasn't.

No. I couldn't do this alone. I couldn't be solely responsible for such transgressions. We both wanted it, but it was I who drew the strings. I didn't want a subject; I wanted a co-conspirator. A partner in crime. I wanted it all. I wanted Eden.

We hugged. I couldn't stop my hands. A late-night camper wandered by. We thought some more.

"Touch yourself," he invited. "Would you do that for me?"

"Yes," I said excitedly. It seemed the perfect compromise. A most intimate gesture.

Facing each other, eye to eye, I slid my right hand from his stomach down between my own legs. Beneath the blankets he could feel my movements.

The venom coated my fingers.

"I can smell you." His voice was low, rumbling, urgent. His breath was hot on my face. "You smell so good."

I whimpered softly.

"What are you doing?" he implored me. "Tell me what you're doing."

"I'm rubbing my fingers lightly, in slow circles. Just the slightest touch."

"You're close, aren't you?" he asked. I could sense his excitement.

"Yes," I admitted.

"You dirty little slut," he whispered in my ear. My spine tingled. "Touching yourself outside right in the middle of a crowded campground where anyone can see you."

He was so good. He was pushing my buttons. Serpents don't play by the rules, and he knew just how I liked it.

The sex would have been outrageous.

We are the best of friends. We would have made the perfect lovers.

would have...

in eden...

"I can't," I conceded quietly, moving my hand up and wrapping my arm around his back. "Not like this. I want more." A tear rolled down my face and disappeared into the pillow.

He held me tight. "It's ok," he assured me.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry to do this to both of us." My tears flowed swiftly. My body trembled.

crying was the only form of release to be had under a three quarter moon.

"Please don't. Please don't apologize." God's eyes were closed. "Please don't cry." He wiped my face blindly.

"It's not fair... it's just not fair..." I cried quietly, letting the words trail off into silence.

the critical moment had passed. we survived. later I would damn myself for not taking the risk, but that is the curse of fear and death. if we could live several lifetimes, we surely would not be so prudent.

that night, somewhere between the moon, the tears, and desire, we fell asleep. and as always, the entity of us proceeds on it's ever winding path, hovering above a world of right and wrong and lust and faith. we follow it into the beyond.

By Forginnie on Thursday, July 30, 1998 - 01:05 pm:
    now, in mid-life, i can still taste her,
    still fell the softness of skin
    firm yet pliant flesh,
    her heat
    her aroma after loveing
    no, no...always between bouts...
    how insatiable her youth was, how she pretzel bent like some hinu book of love
    how her memory a lifetime later
    leaves me hard, sad, and with my life full and happy still
    wondering what she's doing right now

By Holden on Thursday, July 30, 1998 - 04:19 pm:
    Sarah, that was wonderful. Thank-you!

By Darksticky on Saturday, August 1, 1998 - 04:03 pm:
    hmmmmmmmm....... =)

By Kicki on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 04:29 pm:

Ones upon a time.......
    there was a girl called Anna and a boy called Bob.
    Bob was populare(typo)and Anna was new in the school.
    Anna was a normal person...well......not SO normal....
    She had a little secret.
    a secret she didn't dare to say to enyone,evan to her self..
    Anna was a virgin!
    she,the only one in the school......was a virgin.
    let me tell u bout Bob....
    Bob was a populare boy,coz he had lost his ......well ya know....with a woman who was 5 years older than he.
    And he was tall,alot of muscels and.......suff.......
    I gotta go now......
    Remember that this is a continue story...
    u all that reads this is gotta continue this story...
    I'll be back!
    -----------oOOo------*(_)*-------oOOo------------

By Blindswine on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 04:45 pm:

this is a perfect example of why i'm pissed that $40,000,000 was spent to research the executive hummer instead of being distributed among the nation's public schools.

By Quidam on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 05:18 pm:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if pretty soon kids started just grunting approval/disapproval at the stimuli they are exposed to.

I never wanted to get to the point in my life where I found myself saying "kids these days....", but.... damn.

*grunt*

By Carrie Ann on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 06:52 pm:

*LoL @ Blindswine* Nooooooooo kidding.

By Starchy on Monday, August 31, 1998 - 11:32 am:

I think blindswine's just upset that nobody wants to spend that much to research his hummer.

By Blindswine on Tuesday, September 1, 1998 - 04:56 pm:

nah. i like to try and keep my "hummers" as anonymous and media-free as possible, thanks.

By Starchy on Wednesday, September 2, 1998 - 03:55 pm:

Hey, I didn't say publicized researched - just, ya know, research.

By Sarah on Thursday, June 17, 1999 - 04:07 am:

i got an email today from someone in response to reading the revised version of the above story at one of my websites.

it said simply:

"I loved the piece on fucking God. Do you always back off on the verge of going Universal?"

By Sarah on Saturday, July 17, 1999 - 04:01 pm:

interesting factoid:

On Wednesday Mark Thomas will be meeting God and Eve, the real people the above story. God has known for a long time now that I'm a big fan of this website and Mark's work, and he even read the story when it was first published in this spot.

Eve read the story too...

It turns out Mark used to work with one of God's best friends and colleagues, Jean (not his real name). And God and Eve flew to New York last night to participate in an event put together by Jean that will be held on Wednesday. Mark was also invited to participate. So they're all going to be in the same place at the same time. Mark probably couldn't care any less about this, but I sure thought it was a strange coincidence.

I'm envious of God. He gets to meet Mark and I don't. Can't wait to hear the reports when God gets back to California.

By Gee on Sunday, July 18, 1999 - 12:32 am:

God lives in California? Does he like Disneyland?

By Waffles on Monday, July 19, 1999 - 01:20 pm:

we are neighbors, NO he doesn't, it's to far for him to drive to, with the traffic and all. He does host some mean cocktail parties on every 1st Thursday of the month.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, July 20, 1999 - 08:18 am:

I heard he likes to hang out at the Oar House in Santa Monica. I spotted him once at the Miramar but he had sunglasses on and an Orioles cap. That one time I was at the Miramar, for a drink, that bitch was $8.00. For an amaretto sour. HIGHWAY Robbery!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact