Its what you do, not what you think

sorabji.com: Can men and women just be friends?: Its what you do, not what you think
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Willy on Wednesday, July 29, 1998 - 08:15 pm:
    You may have the biggest crush on the person, and thats OK, as long as you don't let it show, and don't do anything about it EVER. Its what you do, not what you are thinking that is important. If you 'do', then they just cross over the invisible line, and they become your lover or mistress and eventally X. Chances are that if you like the person too much anyways, it will show, and then you will have deal with the consequences. So don't try to be friends if you know you can't control yourself, because you will fail. Also ruin that person's it for anyone else who might ever relly

So why bother being just friends in the first place? Perhaps its just a matter of maximizing benefits!!! Yes. Perhaps you might actually get more socially, and intellectually from that person over a long term than you can just sexually (over a possibly shorter period of time.) Since your are only allowed to have one girlfriend, then chances are that you must end your relationship since mistresses and X's are not as well accepted as friends are by family, lovers, or marrage partners.

If a friend acts jealous or possessive of your lover, then not only are you acting out your thoughts, but your are also not being a good friend. A good friend looks out for the best interests of their friend. This also means that a good friend acts friendly towards his friend's friends (at least until they become real jerks). Friends don't go around driving wedges into other friendships. This is directly from stories I have hear about rude behavior when lovers come visiting.

Perhaps is all just a label game for the security and piece of mind of your lover, and perhaps its fair. Monogamy is counter-instinctive, but it works well.

once again,

Willy

By -oDDBALL oDD on Tuesday, August 4, 1998 - 06:43 am:
    THANK YOU, MR. PRESIDENT.

By
Ljaya on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 11:28 am:

I an an inventor of a new internal combustion engine. Now developing the prototype model. I need a woman friend interested in such activities and in web. I am aged 32. My web page is www.oscillatorengine.com. My image is available in it.

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 02:48 pm:

Smart Lady. I hope it works out for you.

By Fb on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 02:50 pm:

By semillama on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 04:22 pm:

That's no lady.

By Antigone on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 11:24 pm:

That's no new engine concept. Wankel. Rotary.

By Bobby on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 11:45 pm:

No it's not a Wankel, it's a wacky.

The only way it could be called rotary would be if the Rotary Club would invest in it.

It doesn't rotate, it swings back and forth like a windshield wiper. Interesting concept, but it'll never work - too much stress on the crank.

It doesn't bother me if his engine won't work; I admire his unique strategy in looking for a woman friend!

By Fb on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 11:45 pm:

not the same

By Bobby on Tuesday, April 24, 2001 - 12:06 am:

By the way, I'm the inventor of an oscillating vibrator I've named "The Wanker."
    I'm looking for any women interested in testing the prototype I'm developing.
    If it works, I think I will have lots of grateful friends!

By Hal on Tuesday, April 24, 2001 - 01:25 pm:

And if it works you'll never have sex again, you'll be rich, but you'll never have sex again.

By Bobby on Saturday, April 28, 2001 - 02:56 am:

Speaking of oscillators,

out and about tonight, listening on the car radio to a neat local show called "Cities Underground"; heard cool tune "Let's Make Out" from defunct Boston-based all-girl garage band called the Oscillators.

Lyrics went something like this:

...I've got a crush on you.
    So why don't we make out.
    Let's make out.
    Let's make out...

By Nate on Saturday, April 28, 2001 - 04:23 am:

sometimes you have thoughts and they all make sense. sometimes you have thoughts, and they would be so difficult to make sense.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact