Bigtime Maturity Issue:

sorabji.com: Can men and women just be friends?: Bigtime Maturity Issue:
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
TBone on Friday, November 13, 1998 - 02:02 pm:

When I was younger, I had female friends, but I ended up wanting to date almost every one of them... I couldn't help it. I was in junior high and well, it happens. I desperately wanted... someone... But now I'm a big boy and my best friend in the world just happens to be a girl. Sure, early on I really wanted more than a simple friendship out of her, but now we're tight friends, nothing more. It has a lot to do with maturity, and a lot to do with loneliness. I've found that girls make some of the best friends, and I have a number of them.

I'm rambling, but what I'm saying is that at some point, most people will/should be able to find themselves in a simple friendship with someone of the opposite sex.

By Carrie Ann on Friday, November 13, 1998 - 07:10 pm:

*nods @ TBone* Exactly! Glad someone else out
    there sees it in the same light I do. =)

By JTS on Saturday, November 14, 1998 - 10:41 am:

i was friends with a girl once and she couldnt leave me alone. So it ended up we were together.
    We were better as friends. You can argue without malice as friends, not in a sexual relationship, not with a psycho anyway.

We dont talk at all anymore.

By Christian on Tuesday, April 20, 1999 - 04:40 am:

Almost all my close friends are female. However, I am gay and I believe that that might have something to do w/it.

By Gee on Wednesday, April 21, 1999 - 05:19 am:

I never understood why only boys got to be "gay". Boys get to have all the cute homophobic nicknames, and all girls ever get to be are lesbians. I think "gay" should be a unisex word.

By R.C. on Wednesday, April 21, 1999 - 05:51 am:

It was -- until the lesbians got political. I still use gay for both men & women/unless someone corrects me to my face.

By Margret on Wednesday, April 21, 1999 - 10:41 am:

I refer to people as they refer to themselves, except for my older brother because I think he's here and he's queer and people should get used to it NOW, but I was in HS he was just gay (it was revolutionary and in your face enough in those days). Most of the lesbians I know say "dyke," having reclaimed it from its pejorativeness. My friend Bunny doesn't use those words to describe himself, he uses MSM in the personals, which is how he meets people because he hates bars. If I thought PJ were interested in meeting him, I would swoon and hand over the sanitized e-mail address because I think PJ just might be good enough for Bunny. But if a 3rd party asks me about his sexuality and I don't tell them to fuck off, I tell them anecdotes, like our big discussion on blowjobs v. cunnilingus. He's SO against cunni anything, but I think he has a mild case of boob fascination. Heh.

By Semillama on Wednesday, April 21, 1999 - 12:07 pm:

Anyone heard Henry Rollins diatribe on the whole gay/lesbian word thing? Funny as hell. It's on his latest spoken word album, Think Tank.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact