My feeble experiance

sorabji.com: Can men and women just be friends?: My feeble experiance
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Andrew Bettilyon on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 05:36 pm:

In my limited wisdom I would say it is not going to happen because it requiers that both of you REALLY don't want to get together, and it is impossable to controll what other people want and feel. Therefore you're better off just getting lucky in finding someone you want to be just freinds with, and hope that they want that too.

It's rare that I cheak my email, so contact me only if you really want to. also don't spam me.

By heather on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 06:22 pm:

it must be difficult to be so popular

By Dougie on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 06:34 pm:

There used to be a girl who lived behind us named Heather. She was fairly chubby. We used to chant, "Heather the feather, weighs as light as an elephant" over and over. Heather grew up to be incredibly hot.

By heather on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 07:23 pm:

did she try to get you on jenny jones?

By Antigone on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 07:50 pm:

There are so many ways to interpret that sentence.

By sarah on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 08:18 pm:

my latest weight control device is these bitchin little supplements i bought at whole foods called "colon cleanse".

one a day.

gives new meaning to the phrase Holy Shit.

the crazy thing is that the dosage recommendations read "... not to exceed five tablets per day."

i pray to god nobody takes five of those things in a day. or perhaps i should pray to got that nobody NEEDS to take five of those things a day.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 08:59 pm:

back in the UK i had my own version of "colon cleanse". it was called "traditional british food and several pints of ale"

By heather on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 09:03 pm:

jenny jones

not

jenny craig

By Dougie on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 09:12 pm:

Her younger sister was actually named Jenny. She grew up a hottie too. Alas, I never got to dip into either of their sugar doughnuts.

By J on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 11:20 am:

Yes girls seem to resent people that pick on them.The time I ended up in the hospital for being constipated for 10 days,my family doctor gave me what he called a mayo enema,I had the recipe for it once but I lost it.I can't exactly remember what all it consists of,but the main ingrediant was baking soda and it sure did work much to my humiliation.

By Dougie on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 11:28 am:

Well, it's not like I do it anymore. This was probably like five years ago.

By Hal on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 04:20 pm:

Colon Blow.
    And Extra Colon Blow.

By wisper on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 06:00 pm:

Hal, i was just thinking of that commercial the
    other day, when my dinner from the night
    before (beans and rice) came a'calling.

By sarah on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 06:11 pm:

hail the late great phil hartman.

By patrick on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 06:20 pm:

i was thinking about him just the other day watching a rerun of SNL. What a loss.

By wisper on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 11:36 am:

so damn sad. what a crazy way to go too. He would have lasted forever.

By The Watcher on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 03:24 pm:

To many greates have gone lately.

John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Devine many many others.

The world suffers a terrible loss with each passing.

By semillama on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 04:55 pm:

You call those LATELY???

By The Watcher on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 05:58 pm:

No. But, when you start getting old and feble the mind is the first to go. And, lately is relative.

By semillama on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 08:11 pm:

I can see the obvious connections between
    Hartman, Belushi and Radner, but Divine? I
    would've expected Farley before him.

Hell, 2001 was an AWFUL year as far as cool
    folks go. Joey Ramone, Douglas Adams,
    George Harrison, Jack Lemmon, Jason
    Robards, Katherine Graham, and so on...

By The Watcher on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 02:52 pm:

We really have lost a lot of the great ones.

By Spider on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 02:59 pm:

I have a Day of the Dead calendar on my office wall...it lists famous people who have died on a particular day.

This week:

1/20 Barbara Stanwyck (1990)
    1/22 Telly Savalas (1994)
    1/25 Ava Gardner (1990)

By The Watcher on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 03:01 pm:

Devine is a closer loss to me even though I never met him.

We lived in relatively the same area.

He was only a few years older than I was.

And, he was just at the beginning of what could have been a great career.

I suspect, though I can not prove it, we went to the same High School. We have a public school and a catholic school with almost the same name. Put Catholic in the middle and you know the difference. However, when the media mentions either one they forget that there are two schools and call the Catholic High School simply High. It can be a bit confusing.

By patrick on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 03:05 pm:

you should run to your local Barnes & Noble and buy a book we just published called "My Son DIVINE".

a coffee table book put together by his mother and an editor.

this is an amazon.com link, its ok to click it.
    My Son Divine

By semillama on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 03:56 pm:

Shit, there went Peggy Lee.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 04:45 pm:

I actually saw the book in the store.

I haven't bought it yet. Maybe I will.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact