Compound Interest

sorabji.com: Can men and women just be friends?: Compound Interest
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Hal on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 11:35 am:

My face hurts, I've had a sinus headache since 3:00am last night at work. When I showed up for work 30 minutes early, there were more people there then I had ever seen before. Its to be expected, its playoff season for Baseball. I'm a little dissapointed, watched my RedSox lose to Oakland in the bottom of 12th on a bunt squeeze. Eh' its not over yet. Right now I just want to die, my body hurts so much, my face, this sinus headache is so bad my teeth hurt.

Over all, life isn't so bad really. Things are looking up in various departments. Went on a date Monday, that went very well, not to mention the date on Tuesday with same person. Both went better then even the tiny little optimist in me could have expected. I like this girl, only one problem with the idea of a relationship with her as a whole. Time, we both work, she goes to school, and my work schedule isn't the most yielding to a social life. However, I'm not going to let that bother me nor let it get in my way. I doubt she'll let it bother her either.

Certain aspects of my hobby are picking up, and I've found myself in an administrative role of an organization that has some very fun, as well as lucrative possiblites. Only the future can tell what is to become of this, but based on the people we have hired thus far... This is going to be one kick ass endevor (I'd say more as to what this is, but I signed this big ass Non-Discolsure Agreement) As soon as we go live with this project, I'll let ya'll in on it.

The only problem I'm having lately, is build up. I feel like something is stacking itself on my mind, like bricks, slowly gettin heavier. Not any thought in particular, just seems the load on my cerebrial passages as of late seems a little loaded. I've started getting more headaches, probably stress related but how the fuck would I know?

As for the date, wow, Monday it was dinner then drinks. At first it was rather interesting because we both were suffering from the same chest cold. So it was a sick date. After dinner went to a rather quiet bar for drinks. *Bar Special* 2 Vodka Cran's for 2.25. Funny enough we both know the bartender serving us, so we end up getting doubles all night long for the price of the single special. I had 8, she had 7, needless to say we can both hold our alcohol but we still were a bit drunk. Walked across the bridge to my work, and played 2 games of cribbiage.... She skunked me both games. After that we walked back across the bridge to the cars. We made out, outside her car for almost an hour before realizing it was almost 4:00am, we parted ways with plans for Tuesday.

Tuesday: She had to work, she works at the old theater in town. She wanted me to come down and hang out, some hippie band was playing, and being a bartender for the theater during fight nights, its ok for me to chill. I ended up helping them out a lot, getting beer from the cooler downstairs and what not. It was a good night, fun. After the drum banging hippies were gone I helped close, and we (the staff and myself) all sat around for drinks at the bar in the theater. She and I left about 2:45 to the parking lot down under the bridge. We made out again outside her car for about 10 minutes before we noticed a cop roll by making rounds under the bridge. We decided we should probably get inside of the car lest he think I was commiting some crime to the woman I was standing rather close to. Inside the car we made out for roughly 3 hours. No sex, although fuckin christ we came close. We were stopped by the same cop, as he drove by once more and then circled back around to the car. In moves I can only describe as jedi like, we were able to seperate each one another from the next, and straighten clothes by the time the officer got to the car. It was funny, because he asked the same question the cop asked the last time this happened to me (when I was 15.)

"How old are both of you?"

"21 officer."
    "23 officer."

"Can I see your ID's please?"

We handed over the ID's, and he then told us we should probably go somewhere else. And then left. After this we kissed each other for another 4 or 5 minutes, and then decided that it being almost 5:45am we should probably split ways seeing as she had to be to school by 8:30 the next day. God damn my nuts hurt that night.

Yesterday we talked on the phone for an hour or so, and she told me she'd call today. I don't get to see her till Sunday because of our schedules, and she's going to Bozoman on friday and won't get back till Sunday. On Sunday, I'll get to see her at her work again, I'm going to the George Carlin show there. And I'm taking her to dinner on Monay. (Sunday being my Friday.)

Its going to be a long 5 days of work.

By semillama on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 11:53 am:

sounds good Hal!!

By kazu on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 12:01 pm:

Don't let any practical details get in the way of an otherwise good thing.

I hope it works out for you. Maybe you will get married and make babies. I just hope, for your sake, they aren't squirrel-handed.

By Spider on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 12:23 pm:

It's so nice to hear that you're having a good time, Hal. I wish you well.

7-8 drinks? Let me show you how poorly I hold a drink. Over the weekend, I picked up a bottle of port wine. I came home and put it away, and saw that I now had a bottle of tawny port, ruby port, and founder's reserve. So I decided to have a taste of each to see if I could tell the difference between them all. I poured about a finger of each into a orange juice glass....about 3 ounces in total. Drank those -- yes, you can taste the difference -- and then decided to do the same test with Bailey's and this other kind of Irish cream my dad gave me. About two ounces of each....seven ounces total...

Maybe five minutes went by, and then I felt so dizzy and sick I had to lie down. For three hours. I said to myself, there is a reason you don't drink, and this is it. Bah. I had eaten recently, too. Maybe I'm allergic to alcohol.

By TBone on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 12:25 pm:

When do I get to meet her and spread some awkward silences around?
    eh?
    Rock out, Hal.

By Spider on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 12:27 pm:

Errr...I should say, I don't drink very much or very often.

Anyway.

Yay, Hal!

By Antigone on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 01:52 pm:

d00d, great to hear you're getting some female fraternizing. Keep up the good work.

Oh, and the shit "stacking itself" in your mind...it's sinus buildup, d00d! Get on some antibiotics and clear that shit up! :)

By Platypus on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 02:36 pm:

Awesome Hal. I'm glad to hear the local ladies have finally discovered the greatness that is Hal. And that you are necking in cars under bridges like a teenager. It gives me hope for society, Hal, it does.

By sarah on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 04:22 pm:

man i cannot believe i haven't mentioned this before. hal and tbone, you oughta keep a look out on the music scene there in missoula for a woman named andrea harsell. i know she's playing in a band right now, maybe even doing some recording. she also has a kid, maybe 2 years old now? or 3? if you know her or ever see her or run into andrea, tell her i love her and miss her. also, have her sing Ode To Billy Joe for you.

By Hal on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 01:20 am:

And Spider those 7-8 drinks, were all doubles. Part of it for me is weight and stature, but I doubt thats all of it.

She called me today, I was asleep when she called but woke up promptly. I was deleriously tired after last night. It was ok though, she'd stayed up all night as well studying and went to class today took a test got home at 3pm and at the time of the phone call (3:15pm) she was ready for bed. So we talked for about 2 hours on the phone in bed together so to say. I laying their buck naked, and her in a satin-just above the knees-tiny strapped night slip thing.

Now I'm awake, work is in an hour, its gonna be busy as fuck again, playoffs. Oh and I'm hungry, but have no desire to cook anything.

I need a microwave.

By Hal on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 01:23 am:

Sarah I'll ask one of my regulars tonight, he'll be at work I know it. See if he knows who she is, I don't recognize the name.

He runs "Ear Candy" which is a record shop here in town. He's a real nice guy, tips me well too. If anyone knows about a local musician he will.

By Lapis on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 04:09 am:

I wish I could say I'm happy for you, but I can't and I won't.

Good luck though. She's a lucky girl.

By Hal on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 11:08 am:

I don't have a girlfriend yet darlin...

Granted the outlook is good for it, I'm not going to say its guranteed yet, I'm not that much of an optimist.

And now... I feel like a dick.

By semillama on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 11:56 am:

hey, you gots to do what you gots to do. When opportunity knocks, answer the door, even if you aren't wearing any pants. Ok?

By TBone on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 12:15 pm:

May both of you find happiness where you can.
    And now let's all bow our heads and have a moment of awkward silence.

By Hal on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 12:36 pm:

Fuck that, I hate awkward silence. Even in good situations its bad, so in bad situations its worse.

Fuck, I need a drink... And I still feel like a dick.

Sem is right, take opportunity when you can. And I usually answer the door without pants, its more fun that way.

By Nate on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 02:27 pm:

i answered the door in my shorts yesterday. i stink like unemployment. i take three showers a day (because hey, i have the time) but i still end up stinking.

anyway, it is some marinally hot chick all dressed up pretty trying to sell pizza. some coupon book deal for a local pizza chain where one of the coupons is valued at $21.95 and the whole book costs $21.95 so hey, nothing to lose.

as she's explaining this i'm nonchalantly rearranging my stuff. her eyes never left mine, though her brow quivered. i ripped a fart and told her that she should come back sometime when she's not selling something.

By Lapis on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 03:39 pm:

Magical superpower of overtall goblin girl Lapis! To make boys feel like dicks!

On Tuesday I'm going to start playing a Zombie RPG called All Flesh must be Eaten as a Homosexual Chinese ex-Circus Acrobat who is secretly a Vigilante named Flaming Chow Meng and has a monkey named Pei-Pei who picks locks.

Briget suggested that we all dress up like our characters but I just don't know.

By 8 on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 05:59 pm:

now, does this sound like it right up sem's alley?

By Lapis on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 06:32 pm:

and is pyrokinetic, and prejudiced towards rich white men.

By semillama on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 06:56 pm:

I believe I read a review of that in Knights of the Dinner Table.

By Hal on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 10:50 am:

Shanghi-

Your not a goblin Pez, Amazon maybe, but not a goblin. Don't think yourself so.

By TBone on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 04:03 pm:

Hey, man. She can be a goblin if she wants to.

By Lapis on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 04:19 pm:

It's Shanghai. Just so's you know.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii've got the horns. So piss off.

Amazons use archery. I'm no good at archery. Human bowling maybe.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 12:11 am:

HAL.IS shanghai same as BANZI?,you chuck this word at me many times,an i still in doubt as to its meaning,Is it fuck off asshole or right on bro?dont matter much to me,seeing as i regard you as best of all sorabjis.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 12:27 am:

,part from ERI,J,PATRICK,T.BONE,LAPIS,SEM,BUT NOT ANTIGONE,A COMPLEAT RETARD,AN PROBABLY NEEDS TO SEE A SHRINK.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 12:49 am:

Mind you,Daves real cool as well.Allthough we dont hear enough of him.

By Hal on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 01:09 am:

You really need to work on fixing that CapsLock.

By Nate on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 01:34 am:

Sometimes I wonder if V.v. is reading the same threads that I'm reading. I mean, some of it seems applicable, but some of it I just can't figure out. Like he is reading conversations that I just can't see.

Like sorabjiite schitzophrenia.

By Hal on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 01:39 am:

Its very possible Nate, very possible.

By Lapis on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 04:03 am:

Maybe he's reading between the lines, or the posts that show up on the "results of search page" but not on the thread itself.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 01:34 pm:

One of these strange life forms is the slime mould Dictyostelium discoideum.When faced with lack of food,its forty thousand separate and identical cells can come together to form a sausage-shaped slug called a grex,which then travels in search of food[at a speed of one millimetre per hour].When it has found it,it reverts to its original composition.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 03:36 pm:

...And ill see you on the dark side of the Moon...

By V.v. on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 03:48 pm:

...Got myself a walking,talking,crying,sighing LIVEING MOULD...

By eri on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 04:32 pm:

OK, now you have totally confused me. Not that it is a hard thing to do, but damn, I am confused now.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 05:54 pm:

But you must admit,the concept of mobile mould is awesome.Dictypstelium discoideum exists in soil,and there are extensive web pages regarding the study of it.Yes, i do tend to be cryptic,and allways read beteen the lines,its a substitute for my inability to see the body language of the writers.

By Hal on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 10:40 am:

That explains so very much. So very, very much.

By eri on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 12:00 pm:

I am glad that you understand that one Hal, cuz it's just too much for my brain right now.

By semillama on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 12:21 pm:

I think there is a D&D monster like that. A 'Shambling Mound' is what it was called, but it looked like Man-Thing.

By Hal on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 01:32 pm:

Sarcasm Eri, lots of it.

By Lapis on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 04:45 pm:

Zombies! Yum!

By V.v. on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 09:22 pm:

Lapis,NO,not ZOMBIES,its walking talking LIVEING MOULD.

By V.v. on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 09:30 pm:

Sometimes i think y,all got to see too much of that movie NIGHT OF THE LIVEING DEAD.

By V.v. on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 09:41 pm:

Hal,How come you allways got to be so ENIGMATIC?

By V.v. on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 09:50 pm:

Sem,MAN-THINGS only shamble when they have too much Russian Vodka inside them.

By V.v. on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 09:59 pm:

,rest of the time,there real nippy.

By spunky on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 10:38 pm:

nippy or nipply?

By Lapis on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 11:46 pm:

Braaaaaaains.....

Zombies are the shit. Except when I'm killing them. Zombies can be sexy. Sometimes. If you're into necrophilia. Mold is very not sexy.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 01:07 am:

Spunky,nipply,must admit, sounds a lot better.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 01:23 am:

Lapis, if you come across some Brad Pit of mould,I BET YOU DONT SAY NO.

By Lapis on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 02:02 am:

I would say no.

I don't like Brad Pit.

By Hal on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 08:03 am:

Mold is sexy...

Jello Mold, Blue Mold (from the old Dragon Warrior NES game,) Cupcake Mold.

By Nate on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 08:17 am:

uh. that would be a slime, hal.

i .. uh. i mean. i don't know. gamesess are for tards.

By Lapis on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 03:09 pm:

Bah.

The word is geeks, Nate.

You geek you.

By Hal on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 01:53 am:

I'm a geek, there were Slimes yes, but there were Molds too...

Fuck you, you ass.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 03:18 am:

goddamnit, hal.

Armored Knight, Axe Knight, Blue Dragon, Demon Knight, Dragonlord, Drakee, Drakeema, Droll, Drollmagi, Druin, Druinlord, Ghost, Goldman, Golem, Green Dragon, Knight, Magician, Magidrakee, Magiwyvern, Metal Scorpion, Metal Slime, Poltergiest, Red Dragon, Red Slime, Rogue Scorpion, Scorpion, Skeleton, Slime, Spector, Starwyvern, Stoneman, Warlock, Werewolf, Wizard, Wolf, Wolflord, Wraith, Wraith Knight and Wyvern.

BUT NO GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING MOLDS.

By Hal on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 03:01 pm:

I might be thinkin of another game then.

I still maintain I have seen Mold in a old NES rpg.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 04:15 pm:

By V.v. on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 11:08 pm:

Well i still recon mobile mould is real cool [and it exists]right here,right now, under your feet [dictypstelium discoideum]

By LoneStranger on Thursday, October 9, 2003 - 02:05 am:

I can't for the life of me find mold or mould in any Dragon Warrior.

LS

I can't for the life of me find mold or mould in any Dragon Warrior.

LS

Nice. I double clicked.

LS

By Strange Loner on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 05:48 pm:

Lone Stranger,you want a coffee or somthing?

By TBone on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 03:09 pm:

Hey, Andrea Harsell found this post and contacted me. She wants to get in touch with Sarah.
    Would any of you who have Sarah's email address be willing to send it to me or send on Andrea's address?

By TBone on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 03:54 pm:

Sarah says 'Hi' to everyone.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact