|THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).|
Backyard BBQ Bash and Weekend Camp-out
Date: June 7-9, 2002
Time: come early, stay late
Place: 1826 Stillwood Lane, Austin, TX 78752
What to Bring:
- tent and sleeping pad or blankets (if you want to spend the night)
- accoustic musical instruments
- a few art supplies
There's a corner store and grocery store within blocks where you can get other supplies once you've arrived, such as something to bbq, something to drink, or whatever else.
This is going to be a weekend long party and you are welcome to come and go as you please. The backyard is enormous and well-shaded with trees and a covered porch. It is a family friendly party, kids of all ages are encouraged to come. Dogs and other pets are not allowed.
We're going to have a kiddie pool, a slip 'n' slide, batmitton, hula hoops, music, food, and a collaborative art project. There's going to be a huge canvas set up in the backyard and everyone is welcome to contribute to it with whatever kind of art media you choose - paint, clay, cotton balls, photographs. We're just going to let it morph and see what happens.
Saturday some folks are carpooling down to San Marcos (about an hour drive) to go "float" - where you rent innertubes ($8) and float down a river. It's entirely silly but amusing. This activity is optional, but highly recommended :)
* due to financial constraints, it's BYO Beverages. we also request you bring a little food as well, but that's optional.
* this party is being held and kevin and jeff's house. no, kevin and i are not back together, but we are rebuilding a nice friendship. he's not a horrible person or anything, we're just not compatible for any other kind of relationship. plus, my cats still live at his house, and if you come, you are required to pet them a lot, unless you're allergic.
* there are two spare bedrooms with beds inside the house. if it's too hot to sleep outside, you are welcome to crash inside.
I have to warn you that the world headquarters
of the Church of the Subgenius has recently
relocated from Dallas to Austin, so don't worry
about it if you notice an increase in the
occurrence of Men In Black and UFO