Told my friend she looked like a boy

sorabji.com: What have you done?: Told my friend she looked like a boy
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Jenny wren on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 08:33 pm:

she always used to look so cute...

now she wears baggy pants and big t shirts and generally acts like she doesn't care anymore.

I said, "Promise me you'll wear something girly tomorrow. You used to dress so cute last year... now you dress like a boy."

She said, "I think you need to leave.

I said, "What? Why?"

She said, "Please leave."

I said, "Meagan, why?"

and she says, "No, forget it. I'll leave. You make me sick."

This is a girl I've shared my darkest deepeset secrets with... we've been friends for around a year... I think she fucking wigged out. What do you think?

By Patrick on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 08:39 pm:

she's gay

By Dougie on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 08:42 pm:

Yes, definitely wigged out. I'd even go as far to say she was fucking wigged out. You're better off without her. Maybe you could start stalking her.

By Jw on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 08:51 pm:

that's another thing... I talked to her sister and her sister said that the reasons she wears boy clothes is that they are her boyfriend's clothes and that wearing them reminds her of him.

so she's not gay.

And she also called me a 'fucking bitch' later that day as she walked past me in the hallway.

I don't get it.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 09:52 pm:

What's wrong with baggy pants? What's wrong with not wanting everyone you walk past to check out your ass?

By agatha on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 11:46 pm:

maybe she didn't appreciate you telling her what to wear. i know i don't like to be told what to wear/do/say. especially if you told her that "she used to look so cute." that could easily be construed as an insult. it's true, however, that she is being a tad sensitive. some people are like that.

By Gee on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 12:59 am:

maybe there's more to it than just this. why don't you try and think about things that've happened lately? She might be upset about a lot of things and this is just the straw that broke the camels back.

By semillama on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 12:54 pm:

Maybe she's just an asshole. How old are the two of you?

By Nate on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 12:58 pm:

maybe she's just gay.

you sound like a bitch.

By Patrick on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 01:10 pm:

oh please

"now you dress like a boy"

perhaps it was the fact i had just recently been discussing the Brandon Teena story with someone, but if she is a teenager, which if i recall, Jenny is, telling this to someone who is struggling with a sexual identity crisis could draw that type of reaction......

By J on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 01:11 pm:

That,s not nice Nate,Jennny Wren what,s up with you?Last we heard from you,we were discussing you getting on birth control.

By Patrick on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 01:31 pm:

oh wait....

nate if you were talking to Jen, i retract that as far as you are concerned

By Nate on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 01:43 pm:

i'm talking to jen.

and making a statement of fact. she's being a bitch.

really. if i went up to patrick and told him he looks like a girl, what would he do?

By Patrick on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 01:53 pm:

i see, and i agree. i have been told i can be rather effeminine.. what do i care though

By Markus on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 01:55 pm:

Jenny's no doubt right about her friend's metamorphosis. Bus she was quite tactless; I'm not surprised the friend is annoyed.

By Nate on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 01:59 pm:

Marcus, you can be such a woman sometimes.

By heather on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 03:02 pm:

nate, you can be such a man sometimes

By crimson on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 03:15 pm:

a friend is a friend, regardless of what kind of clothing she's wearing. to ask someone to change their appearance just to suit you seems like a major lack of respect. there are a lot of serious issues in the world--what other people are wearing isn't one of them.

my best friend gets all her clothes from the men's department. i think she wore a dress once in 1987 (she was in a wedding), but not since then. i think she's fucking beautiful, no matter what she wears.

there's no room in a friendship for the fashion police. you either love your friend & respect her right to individuality, or you don't.

By Markus on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 03:39 pm:

Nait, maybe I'm just gay.

By J on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 03:46 pm:

Yea,but if they were real friends Jen,s "friend" should have told her why she didn,t appreciate the comment instead of completely dissmissing her don,t you think?

By mistaswine on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 03:59 pm:

looks like somebody hasn't been briefed on the sorabji.com "don't ask/don't tell" policy.

By Patrick on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 05:00 pm:

he's ex-military, he should be used to that policy

it's pillow cases and door knobs for you buddy

"They gave me a medal for killing two men, and me a discharge for loving one"

-some tombstone of Nam vet, presumably in Arlington.

this has to be one of the most moving pictures i have seen in a while from an Advocate issue in the 70s

By Markus on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 05:14 pm:

I'm not really gay; it was a jab at Nate. Don't suck up to me.

By mistaswine on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 05:33 pm:

c'mon, man. don't be shy.

i thought you lavendar-flavored fellas liked getting that poot-shoot "sucked up".

By Markus on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 05:36 pm:

Bitch.

By mistaswine on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 05:48 pm:

that's my line, cocksnot.

on the upside, you just reminded me of the song "jimmy's got a little bit o' bitch in him".

time to fire up the napster and hook up with the mp3.

(bitch.)

By semillama on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 06:21 pm:

Jimmy's gotta little bit of She in He.

By sarah on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 10:23 pm:

i went to good will on tuesday and bought a pair of teenage boy's jeans. the kind that they wear way too big down around their asses and their boxer shorts stick out up top. on one of the back pockets (back and front pockets extend down to the middle of my thighs) there's even an embroidered patch of a frowning little boy in a baseball cap with the word "Menace" embroidered above it.

then i got a worn out t-shirt that has a stick figure smiley face, only it's not smiling. it's more like :\ but with a circle for a head and stick figure hair. underneath that in red lettering it says "Deal With It".

my friend told me i looked like i was ready to go to a rave. all i needed was a surgeon's mask with vic's vap-o-rub on it, and some glitter. i was just happy to find clothes for under $5 that fit right.

Jenn, don't tell people what to wear. You're a cheerleader, aren't you?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact