7-11

sorabji.com: What have you done?: 7-11
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Zephyr on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 06:52 pm:

I've only had one slurpee in my entire life.

Just two months ago, the distance portion of the track team decided to go hit 7-11 and just dick around rather than go for a real 8-mile thing.

Anyway, we ran up there nice and slow.

We got up to the 7-11, a big posse of pasty, skinny white kids, and herded into the front.

I'd never seen the inside of a 7-11 before. I was awed. Look at all I've missed!

We all herded to the slurpee machines...coke slurpees were the group choice. We all filled up.

I drank half of mine as the rest of the group got theirs and we organized the money to buy the damn stuff. Then I filled up again and used a technique I learned from the good ol' cDc, and got rid of any "air slurpee".

It was great. Now I want another slurpee.

I really don't know why I wrote this. I just remembered it, and felt like sharing.

By Coach Cat on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 07:23 pm:

You should get out more...and maybe you could try a circle jerk next time. And post pics.

By Zephyr on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 07:30 pm:

Mmmmmm....delicious.

Sure thing, Coach!

(what in the name of unholy dead bovine hemoglobin?)

By Antigone on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 10:56 pm:

unholy live bovine hemoglobin, what else?

By Zephyr on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 07:55 am:

oh. Exactly.

By J on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 02:12 pm:

Rum is good in those pina-colada slurpees,but I guess you would'nt feel like running then.

By Zephyr on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 02:26 pm:

Yeah, and I wouldn't drink anyway.
    Alcohol is satan.

"I am fucking sexy. And my right hand's name is Jake."

By Jay on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 03:32 pm:

so easy to leave it or take it in stride.

whatever the fuck that means.

By Zephyr on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 09:46 pm:

I'm usually a righty, but when I'm "diggin' the self love", I'm a lefty.
    Just one of the many mysteries of life, I guess.

By Antigone on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 10:38 pm:

Zephyr b snoobin the street sweeper

By Zephyr on Friday, June 23, 2000 - 10:09 am:

um, surrrrre.

whatever that means.

By Cannon7 on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 12:12 am:

I once got held-up by a Pakistani clerk at a 7-Eleven. Fun fun... turned out to be a mis-identification when the cops showed up. I had a Glock 17 pointed at my head for 15 minutes, fun fun...

I dont go to the 7-Eleven anymore.

By Zephyr on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 05:55 am:

jesus midget! that's nuts.

My uncle used to work at a 7-11, and he got robbed there at least 6 times, just some random dude would come into the store all late, and then whip out a gun, raid the cash drawer, and leave. Yeah. I'm suprised he still stayed there for so long.

By Cat on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 07:59 am:

Was it relevant that the clerk was Pakistani?

By Dougie on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 11:23 am:

It's an unwritten law that all 7-11s in the States be owned and clerked by Pakistanis.

By Gee on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 11:41 am:

what a dumbass thing to say.

By Cannon7 on Sunday, June 25, 2000 - 04:39 am:

hahaha... well, I think the crescent moon tattoo (w/bonus star in middle) was a dead give-away.

Stand back politcal correctness police! I have hostages!

By Dougie on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 08:15 am:

Gee, come out to Long Island, go to twenty or thirty 7-11s and the same number of gas stations on the island, and then see if you still want to tell me it was a dumbass thing to say.

By mistaswine on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 10:53 am:

that was a dumbass thing to say, too.

By Dougie on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 10:57 am:

Eat me

By mistaswine on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 11:03 am:

look man, just because you're an ass doesn't mean i'm just gonna automatically dig in.

i do have standards.

By Dougie on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 11:13 am:

Yeah, I guess even swine have standards of the garbage they eat and the filth they wallow in. Shouldn't have lowered myself with the invitation.

By semillama on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 12:57 pm:

No Pakistanis worked in any of the 7-11's I frequneted in the Pontiac/Auburn Hills locale when I lived there. It was all Euros and African Americans. Mostly Euros.

By Dougie on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 03:22 pm:

Must be an east coast thing. Let me point out that in no way were any Pakistanis harmed or slurred during the writing of any of my posts. If anyone wants to misconstrue them otherwise, that's your problem, and keep it to your P.C. self.

By Apoo on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 03:36 pm:

no no it is true.......we own 3/4 of 7-11 franchise in america......

dank yu com agin

By Reverend Lovejoy on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 03:58 pm:

Careful Apoo, lest you incur the wrath of the board police, and while you're at it, give me another Squishee to go.

By Officer Cat on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 04:51 pm:

Spread 'em Apoo. I've got bright new shiny handcuffs I've just been itching to snap on someone. I take bribes if you want to save your sorry ass.

By Bell_jar on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 05:41 pm:

7-11s make me think of judy blume and _tiger eyes_. a book that all teenagers should read. i am sure that i liked her so much because a lot of her books were on the banned book list.

By Zephyr on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 06:10 pm:

Well, I'll make a concerted effort to snag a copy of that...after I finish my summer assignments, Walden Pond, Burning Bright, A Catcher In the Rye, and countless other books...daaaaammnnnn theres way too much to read, and so little time!

By Isolde on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 10:09 pm:

Yeah, I remember reading her because she was banned too. There was essentially o sexual content in her books, either. I couldn't figure it out. I just watched a movie about Pakistanis in London. It was very good. Every seven-eleven I have seen has been run by a Pakistani. But then again I've only seen about three.

By Dougie on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 10:17 pm:

My Beautiful Launderette? Nice movie.

By moonit on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 10:41 pm:

Isolde did you just watch East is East?

Thats a good movie.

By Isolde on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 10:50 pm:

N, not East is East. Actually, the very last movie I watched was The Virgin Suicides. Bleh. I mean, it was a good movie in some ways, but overall it felt like a bunhc of unrelated images strung together. Never enough information. Ok.

By Cannon7 on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 09:12 am:

The farther east you get in North America the fewer East-Indians and Asians you'll see. Same goes for Mexicans from south to north, Canadians from north to south, white trash from midwest outwards, heh. But if you live in any Pacific city, just about every convinience store is owned by an East-Indian (not to say there's anything wrong with that, small business owners deserve alot of credit). But as far as migration of immigration goes, once you hit land or a border, you open up shop immediately. :)

"Political Correctness is boring."

By Dougie on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 07:12 pm:

Not around here, evidently. Although last night there was somebody itching to use the word "zionist" in a post, and pidgin english in other. I guess the PC police were asleep at the wheel or out eatin' doughnuts or both.

By Officer Cat on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 07:16 pm:

We were out kicking the shit out of some poor white redneck.

By Dougie on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 07:21 pm:

No doubt.

By biggeesmallz on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 07:49 pm:

that statement had a tongue and cheek history to it, long before you came around dougiefresh

By Dougie on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 08:02 pm:

Yes, and I feel very humbled by that.

By Isolde on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 09:04 pm:

ZIONIST! ZIONIST! ZIONIST!

The PC nazis know that everything has a limit.
    I hope.

By Bell_jar on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 10:47 pm:

i saw virgin suicides. i really liked it. it truely disturbed me, and i like that in a movie. it's good to come away with that sinking feeling in your stomach. i give it two thumbs up.

By Isolde on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 11:52 pm:

It disturbed me, no doubt, but I felt like I didn't get to know any of the characters (which was part of the point with the girls, I guess), and as though much of it was put in for arty effect rather than movie effect. I don't know. I liked it in its own way, but I'm not sure about it. The ending really affected me, I suppose, although it seemed kind of--pointless. Like, why do they need the boys to commit suicide all of a sudden? And how is it they can leave notes everywhere at night but not run away? And how can you honestly call it "The _Virgin_ Suicides" with Lux going down on everything except the Titanic...?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact