avoided anger

sorabji.com: What have you done?: avoided anger
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By pez on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 02:52 am:

i can say i was surprised, shocked, saddened, dismayed, apalled and so on.

but not anger. i really don't know what's it's like to be angry anymore. though i've come close.

i think it's unfair to expect everyone to react the same way.

By pez on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 03:27 am:

yes i'm lonely wanna die
    yes i'm lonely wanna die.
    if i ain't dead already.
    ooh girl you know the reason why.
    in the morning wanna die.
    in the evening wanna die.
    if i ain't dead already.
    my mother was of the sky.
    my father was of the earth.
    but i am of the universe
    and you know what it's worth.
    i'm lonely wanna die.
    if i ain't dead already.
    ooh girl you know the rason why.
    the eagle picks my eye.
    the worm he licks my bone.
    i feel so suicidal
    just like dylan's mr. jones,
    lonely wanna die.
    if i ain't dead already.
    black cloud crossed my mind.
    blue mist round my soul.
    feel so suicidal
    even hate my rock and roll.
    wanna die yeah wanna die.
    if i aint dead already.

--the beatles "yer blues"

By Spider on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 08:53 am:

I'm not angry either. I keep seeing images in my head of the people jumping out of the towers. That shook me more than anything else.

By Spiral on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 11:27 am:

I have to admit I was angry. Pissed. Ready for blood.

But now all I am is sad. There are so many wonderful things in this world and we kill each other in the name of politics, religion, "turf," etc.

I used to believe I had a firm grasp on things. I knew what was what.

Now, I realize that all I know is that I don't understand. Is this how it has to be? Is the *only* way to get your point across through violence?

Where do we go from here?

By pez on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 12:44 pm:

who knows?

i don't know what to think, how to feel anymore. as a pacifist, i don't believe in violence, but just about everyone around me is chanting "war war war" with bloodlust shining in their eyes.

nauseated. i was nauseated nearly all day on tuesday. i couldn't tell you how many times i had to stand up and run to the bathroom.

By Alex on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 01:13 pm:

I just feel overwhealming sadness for all the people involved, in fact just typing this message is making feel sad, today i saw pictures in the papers of the people trapped at the windows of the WTC with the buning floors below them.
    I could see their faces, thir clothes, and that somehow made it all the more saddening, i dont know why, but it did, i couldnt be upset there and then though cos i was in the staffroom. But i keep thinking about it.

Has anyone noticed how much the WAYD board has become an online book of condolences? people are flocking to sorabji to pay their respects to the people of America

By pez on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 01:31 pm:

i'll have to take a look.

By patrick on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 01:45 pm:

By Spider on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 01:56 pm:

That's a picture of John Ashcroft. Check your link.

By Alex on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 02:00 pm:

i think maybe thats what he intended it to be

perhaps

allthough your point did occurr to me aswell

By patrick on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 02:04 pm:

By Spider on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 02:07 pm:

God, why is it that I can look at pictures of burnt and bloody people and be okay, but I can't look at that without getting nauseous and choked up? What those people must have been feeling. It's unbearable.

By Humble alex on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 02:08 pm:

oh dear my apologies!, i dont even know if i can look at the whole picture having just read the first two lines of the description

By Alex on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 02:10 pm:

how awful, that is i think one of the wors photos i have seen so far, there was talk on the news the other night about a couple jumping holding hands, perhaps they were lovers. how tragic. im getting all choked up now writing this and thinking of those poor people

By patrick on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 02:19 pm:

dammit they keep changing the pic on me

By patrick on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 02:22 pm:

for those who dont see it, its a guy diving head first from one of the bldgs.

By Platypus on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 04:02 pm:

Yeah. They broadcast those on national television. It was REALLY upsetting.

By agatha on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 04:25 pm:

don't let anyone tell you how you are supposed to be feeling about this. grief and tragedy make for some very personal emotional responses. there is no correct reaction.

By pez on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 04:50 pm:

it was difficult to watch the clip of a person jumping that they kept showing without getting all choked up.

that'll be an image i won't forget as long as i live.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact