Lost a part of a tooth

sorabji.com: What have you done?: Lost a part of a tooth
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By eri on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 11:22 pm:

I know, it sounds so fucking hickish. It's grossing me out.

I was sitting down and had this feeling that something was between my teeth and went to pick it and a big, huge chunck came up.....turns out it was a big part of the tooth behind it.

Didn't hurt really until I went to take a drink and now it fucking HURTS LIKE HELL.

I have never had anything odd happen to my teeth before. Got 1 cavity in my life, had braces etc as a kid, blah blah. Everything normal and healthy.

I don't know what is going on with this tooth. I know it sounds weird and naive, but nothing like this has ever happened to me and I don't quite understand what is going on. And I don't have an "insurance card" for the dental insurance to boot.

I know it is partially because I didn't get braces a second time when I had problems. I knew something would happen, but I thought I had more time and didn't think I would casually pull out a big old chunk of tooth.

Any ideas or advice?

By V.v. on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 12:27 am:

WELL,i need to know,is it front,back,upper or lower?and i estimate a crown will cost you 200 bucks.Check it out beforehand,as not all dentists charge the same.[out of town dentists are normally cheaper]Lady bless.

By V.v. on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 12:39 am:

ALSO,in London,dentists are very shy when it comes to showing you a PRICE LIST,it may be the same where you are.

By V.v. on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 12:55 am:

Remember that sketch in CHEERS?where some guy says GEE, I JUST SPENT 20,000 BUCKS,ON TEETH.[for that price you can buy a new car.]

By V.v. on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 01:01 am:

I think it was the short,fat Mailman.

By heather on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 01:41 am:

you NEED to go to the dentist, eri

go

By semillama on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 10:03 am:

yup. You don't want it to get infected. You can die pretty easily that way.

which reminds me that I need to find a dentist here. It's been a few years since my last checkup.

By Dougie on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 10:48 am:

Yeah, definitely go to see a dentist. I did similar about a year ago -- broke a molar after biting down hard on a tiny bone fragment from a piece of steak. He took molds for a permanent cap, and while I was waiting for that to be made, he gave me a temporary cap. Took about 2 weeks all in all.

By kazu on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 10:59 am:

I crushed two teeth on my tongue ring. I got to watch the Empire Strikes back while they fixed me up. It took about two visits.

Go to the dentist.

By TBone on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 11:54 am:

I broke one of my front upper teeth when I was real little. It died, and I had to have a root canal and a cap put on. Then I broke the cap, so he put on a stainless steel cap.
    That was great. Being a little kid with a shiny metal front tooth was fun.
    I miss that tooth. The story as my family understands it is that my little brother knocked it out with a hammer - a blue plastic toy hammer.

By kazu on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 11:58 am:

When I was about two I fell down the stairs and knocked a tooth back into the gums and had to have it removed by a dental surgeon.

I remember none of this. But I had a big ole' gap that everyone thought was adorable for years.

By eri on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 12:19 pm:

I can tell you one thing.....they aren't going to be able to put any kind of crown on it, cuz other teeth are blocking that. This is one of those teeth in the bottom front where the teeth next to it are partially in front of it/behind it.

I am going to try to find out what I need to get into a dentists office out here. Hopefully I will be able to go in soon.

By TBone on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 12:34 pm:

Oh, they'll get it on there, alright.
    It just won't feel very good.

By heather on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 12:43 pm:

you tell them that it's an emergency, that your
    tooth broke and you're in pain

they should get you in right away

By patrick on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 12:54 pm:

this whole fucking thread is giving me the willies.

By eri on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 01:08 pm:

I remembered when I was working for the magazine company next year there were two dental offices in the strip mall type business center and one of them said that they do take my insurance and I should come in there.

I think I am going to go over there as soon as Spunky brings my keys back to me, and see if they will still take me and how much it will end up costing me to get this fixed. I just want to get this fixed. It's making me feel really weird.

By Antigone on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 01:42 pm:

When I was 8 my parents got a job at a renaissance fair. After the fair was over one day I was messing around with one of the hokey games called "nine pins." It consisted of nine bowling pins on the ground with a bowling ball on a rope. You'd swing the bowling ball down into the pins to knock them down.

Anyway, I had the bright idea of swing the bowling ball around at high speed, around and around. As I was doing this I got distracted by something shiny on the ground. I picked it up, stood up, and my head was right in the path of the swinging bowling ball.

BAM!

Hit me right in the forehead. Knocked me clean off my feet. That was no problem. I have a hard skull.

I bit my two front teeth off, though. I have caps, to this day...

By heather on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 02:47 pm:

so many explanations in such a small story

;)

By semillama on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 02:50 pm:

I figure it's about time to get me to the dentist after that story...

By eri on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 03:03 pm:

I will be going to the dentist on Monday afternoon. They're gathering my insurance information. Problem is that I don't know what they are going to do and the insurance will only cover 80% so I don't know how much I will have to come up with in the form of cash.

I have a babysitter already lined up, so long as Spunky doesn't work late. I just have to get thru the next 3 days.

By Antigone on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 03:10 pm:

"so many explanations in such a small story"

I dun dont know whut yer talkin' 'bout, girlie. :P

By Antigone on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 03:13 pm:

Hang in there, eri. Eat luke warm soft foods...

By sarah on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 04:14 pm:

i went to the dentist last week. i love going to the dentist, it's a total ego trip. after they clean my teeth, the dentist comes in, leans over me, and says MY GOD THOSE ARE SOME OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL TEETH I'VE EVER SEEN. and then continues to gush over the enamel, the perfect color, etc etc. i've never had a cavity either.

i should visit the dentist every time i start to feel bad about anything.

By semillama on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 05:00 pm:

I think more people would do the same if more dentists would do that. Also if more would play the Empire Strikes Back on a tv that is visible from the chair...

By Spider on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 05:13 pm:

TV? Chair?

(Shoot, you all need to see the first season of Mr. Show. "Thousands? Clock?" <---Comedy gold.)

I haven't been to the dentist in about 4 years. My last dentist had done such things as fill in a cavity and file down a pointy tooth without novicaine. Monster.

By kazu on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 05:21 pm:

I also watched Toy Story when I was having my wisdom teeth removed.

By semillama on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 05:32 pm:

this dude I am going to see rubs an anaesthetic gel on your gums before the novacaine. right on.

By patrick on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 05:57 pm:

are you sure thats a dentist you're seeing sem?

By spunky on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 06:03 pm:

SA has a place where they sedate you, even for just routine cleaning.

By TBone on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 06:16 pm:

I had two teeth pulled on novacaine. It wasn't enough. Not even close.
    I need to see a dentist. The last one told me I would be due to have my wisdom teeth out in about two years... and that was 5 years ago.
    I can feel them sitting there, plotting against me. Fuckers.

By V.v. on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 07:55 pm:

Sem.i had a dentist same as yours,gel,then tiny skin pops with the smallest needle in the world,then in goes the the big one .All the way through,you feel no pain whatsoever,thats the way it should be,[but its not]my present dentist [from Vietnam]tends to think hes drilling for oil.The trouble is,real good dentists make so much money,they retire early,and they go ex-directory [as mine did] next time i visit my Vietcong torture merchant,ill have 2 bottles of vodka inside me [makes my whole face go numb]

By eri on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 08:04 pm:

TBone, I was supposed to get my wisdom teeth out years before I did. I waited until I couldn't take it anymore and got my wisdom teeth done 2 1/2 years ago. So I was 27 at the time. The oral surgeon was laughing at me saying I was so old to do this that my side effects were going to be worse. I totally regret not having had it done before. It was hell. It took me almost 3 months to recover, cuz I got dry socket so bad that I couldn't even swallow water. I was in that damned guys office every single fucking day for 3 weeks. I went thru hell after that surgery and I was in play rehersals,too. It sucked. My advice.....get them out as soon as you can. The longer you wait the worse it is.

I am eating soft luke warm foods right now. Nothing really cold or hot, food or drink. Hopefully I will be allright come monday afternoon and they will fix my damned tooth quickly. It's bugging me to no end now, not because it hurts but because it feels weird.

By V.v. on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 08:15 pm:

Eri,we must have some kinda mental link,just today i musta got suger in contact with a nerve in a back left hand moller,the pain was horrific,had to keep drinking cold water from the office cooler all day,just to stay sane,but tonight,after one and a half bottles of finest Russian vodka and a large Cambodian meal,i feel on top of the world,[but tommorow ill feel real rough,again]

By TBone on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 08:45 pm:

My mom got hers out when she was 40-something. It didn't go well.

By 8 on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 10:47 pm:

what you talking about tbone. your mom got hers last night.

woooh ooo!! aayee ayy e ehahh.

By semillama on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 10:06 am:

My dentist told me I didn't need them removed, since they were coming in that they weren't going to be a problem. Although I ended up with a massive cavity in one and had to have it yanked anyway.

And people still say we aren't evolving anymore.

By eri on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 11:51 am:

Heh. I didn't have a choice with mine. My mouth was already crowded and I had already had adult molars removed before I got braces. So I didn't have room for them and they came in crooked. The top wasn't bad, concidering, but the bottom teeth had to be broken and chipped out a piece at a time so recovery was HELL.

By V.v. on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 06:02 am:

So how is the pain?gone i hope.

By eri on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 11:52 am:

I wish the pain was gone, but it is slowly getting worse. But I am feeling particularly whiny today. I didn't sleep well at all and then I woke up with a cold and I don't have the right medicine. So I feel like crap in general and my tooth hurts. I am being a whiny little pain in the ass today.

By V.v. on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 10:21 pm:

ERI,i just wish to god the pain would go away from you,as a godess,you deserve better,and for what its worth,tonight,i again burn two blue candles,each side of one of my buddhas,for your health and wealth.Lady bless.

By V.v. on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 10:38 pm:

ERI,allthough im 4 or 5 thousand miles from you,my thoughts are with you allways.You are a true witch,same as I.

By eri on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 03:09 pm:

Thank you VV. I will be able to at least see the dentist tomorrow, so hopefully I will not be hurting much longer. I would like to be able to eat normally again. That would be nice. I have almost forgotten what food is like. Almost.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 03:29 pm:

Myself,im on a FATKINS DIET.It consists of eating what i like,and not looking at myself sideways,in a mirror.

By eri on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 04:32 pm:

Yeah, I call that my SEE-FOOD diet. I see food and I eat it. I used to never have to worry about my weight, though as time goes on it starts to catch up with me. I am finally at a healthy weight, though, vs being seriously underweight.

I just can't eat because it hurts too much right now. So I force myself to eat soft foods that taste horrible. I will look forward to enjoying real food again.

Tonight, though, I am making homemade clam chowder, my grandmothers recipe. Best there is. So it is soft, but I will still be able to eat dinner. I will just skip the cornbread.

I really should give up looking at the scale and wigging out, but unfortunately it hasn't been that easy. I still think if I gain too much more weight I will get fat (like most of my family has)and for some reason I am paranoid as hell about that. So I try to tell myself that I will eat right and excersize regularly and just deal with whatever is planned for me. Tell myself I will be beautiful no matter what size I am, but I know I am lying to myself just trying to convince myself of that.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 06:18 pm:

Enchanted dawn,by Ravi Shanker.Im listening to it right now,and have not eaten all day.Got a whole nest of web sites from the main title EATING MY HEAD,eating disorders and true stories.Amazing how fast you can go from fat to thin to dead.

By eri on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 07:25 pm:

I have never been overweight. Always been thin, even pregnant. Never been big in my life. But most people assume, because I am small I must have an eating disorder. I have been called bulemic and anorexic recently. Funny thing is that I am neither, just human, and fortunate enough to be small.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 09:01 pm:

Eri,can i ask a small favour?can you get get to EXECUTION HOODS on Sorabji?Kazu needs your help.Lady Bless.

By eri on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 10:30 pm:

Looked at it earlier, but I really don't know anything about them. Just rumors. I wouldn't have any good directions to point her to, or I already would have. Lady bless.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 11:23 pm:

IAnd blessed be,Eri,i got some kinda electronic problem,as you may know i have some sort of influence over anything electrical or electronic,and tonight i have sites coming up on screen that i have not requested,i was listening to on line music and got shut down for no reason,i post to sorabji and get shut down,as you know strage stuff happens to people like us,but this is just strange and beyond my understanding.I used to think,if i live to be 100 ill start to understand my own mind,but the true time is more like ten million years.If you get through to EXICUTION HOODS,you get to see a bit more of my personality.

By V.v. on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 12:50 am:

Got to shut down for a while,ive got a sort of thudding heartbeat noise from my speakers,odd,considering they arnt linked to any website.It is indeed a night of Gremlins.

By semillama on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 11:03 am:

I'm curious. What insight does Wicca bring to the table on a discussion about the use of execution hoods? From what I know of Wicca (which is admittedly probably not much but more than the average Joe), execution hoods are not something attached to the practice of this modern religion.

Of all folks, you'd think it would be the Catholics who might have some religious insight, but probably not the lay Catholics. The dudes who ran the Inquisition could probably tell you more.

By TBone on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 11:12 am:

I think wearing execution hoods could be the new style. Maybe put a couple eyeholes in it, or just keep them rolled up to your forehead.
    Be the first on your block to get a Sorabji.com(tm) execution hood! (patent pending)

By TBone on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 11:38 am:

Or get one of the ones they use for the electric chair with the hole in the top. Just keep it rolled up around your neck.
    Owning an exectuion hood stamped with so-and-so Prison would be one hell of a conversation piece.
    Think of the stories you could make up!
    "Yeah, so they're only allowed to kill you once, and I guess I have a pretty high electricity tolerance..."
    "Careful! That belonged to my grandmother!"
    "Sorry I'm late. I got pulled over on the way here and things got rough..."

By kazu on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 11:42 am:

Thanks TBone. That made me laugh.

By eri on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 06:56 pm:

The tooth is allright. No damage. Was an infection......too complicated to explain. Mouth hurts, but teeth are allright.

By V.v. on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 07:15 pm:

TBone,i like what you say,and it got me thinking about MASKS,how come M.Jackson has hundreds of them,and he likes the small kids that come to his house to wear them,even his own child [if it is his]has a towel over its face?

By wisper on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 08:06 pm:

infection, whaa?

so was your tooth chipped at all?

sounds gross either way, so i must hear it!

By V.v. on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 08:29 pm:

Sem,what makes you think Wicca is a new religion?it predates the Catholic religion by tens of thousands of years.Yet in a way,you are correct.Wicca was allmost wiped out by the inquisitions,and a lot of it had to be re-learned.In some,but not all Witchcraft initiations,a blindfold is put on your eyes,you are stripped naked,you kneel on the floor with your hands tied behind your back,and you say your new Witchcraft name [in your case i suggest Merlin]whilst a very sharp knife is held to your windpipe.I hope i dont in any way compromise your own beliefs,understand i was was at one time a Russian Orthodox Catholic.My most respected friend Eri may well be able to help you.As us witches say,Lady Bless.

By V.v. on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 08:39 pm:

ERI,Godess,i hope your feeling better,perhaps my spells and incantations for your wellbeing are working?

By Platypus on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 10:38 pm:

Wicca is a modern interpretation of several ancient religions.

By V.v. on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 11:28 pm:

Platypus,you may well be correct in your thinking,but i need to understand your train of thought.What Ancient Religions do you refer to?And can you give me an insight as to your stance at this moment in time?

By Lapis on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 11:52 pm:

Wicca itself is about 60 years old, Vv. Witchcraft and goddess worship are thousands. Bone up.

Click.

By kazu on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 12:02 am:

Rock on Platy! I love that comic.

Let me double check, but I'm pretty sure in one of the books on execution that I am reading it says that "witches" weren't burned but hanged in Salem. It was in England where people were actually burned at the stake.

By Lapis on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 12:04 am:

They were hanged in Salem. Burning is so old country.

Also if you admitted you were a witch you were allowed to live.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 12:51 am:

Lapis,so i am i allowed to live?at times like this i really need the back up of Eri,but i expect shes haveing a coffee break or somthing.And how can you say Wicca is only 60 years old?whats your proof?And why 60 years?thats 1943 right?You guys need to explain a lot more.I may take some time to get back to you,but on the 8th of November,i get to meet with the Worlds leading experts on Witchcraft,and what ever they tell me,ill post,BUT I STILL RECON YOUR WRONG.

By Lapis on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 01:03 am:

Gerald Gardner founded standard Wicca in the '40s or '50s I belive.

If your talking about hereditary witchcraft, there's different names for it, but it's not wicca.

By kazu on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 01:21 am:

oops. sorry about that Lapis, I mashed the two posts together in my head and thought platypus posted the link.

Lapis is correct about Gardner. I think it was during the late 50s.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 01:41 am:

NO,it was the late 40s,but upon what ideas was he drawing from?

By Lapis on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 02:01 am:

Either way it's not thousands of years ago.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 10:06 am:

Yes, that's well established. A lot of people confuse Wicca with old timey witchcraft, but I think it's pretty tough to argue that there was an unbroken, unchanged tradition handed down and practiced. A lot was taken from folklore and what could be gleaned from that. To say "Wicca" is thousands of years old is almost like saying that Pentacostalism is thousands of years old because it's Christianity.

By eri on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 12:46 pm:

OK VV, promise not to get mad at me, cuz I am kinda backing you up but kinda with the rest of the group too.

Wicca, the religion itself was created by a man in the 1940's. It is based on many different old religions, kinda like combining the old with the new to make it practical in this day and age. So they took pieces of lots of different older, god/ess religions from the past and combined them into one. Wicca is only one part of paganism. Actually a better person to discuss this with is probably Kebron, though he hasn't had his butt on the computer lately.

Now, for my tooth......about 3 years ago I went to the expensive fancy assed dentist. They did some kind of electronic cleaning on my teeth. Well, they did it wrong around the gum line and skipped a tooth altogether. None of the dentists since have caught this. So what broke off of my tooth was plaque and tartar in a huge chunk and the stuff that felt like a hole was more plaque and tartar on the back of this tooth. They did some special cleaning yesterday, and said I had an infection in my gums and almost all of the teeth because of this past dentist and I am on antibiotic mouthwashes and special toothpastes and shit like that for the next month. Then once my mouth is healed from all of this shit I go back for a regular cleaning and he (the new dentist) said he thinks that I should be fine after that.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 01:03 pm:

wow. Do you have grounds for malpractice?

Ps. Ick.

By eri on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 01:33 pm:

I totally agree on the ick part, but I don't have grounds for malpractice, cuz there was no direct damage or permanent damage to anything. All will heal and I should be well and back to normal in about 2 months. I just wish I had known about this before. I could have had this fixed before if I had known. But the dentist said he sees this often and that I am very lucky cuz I have no serious damage. I am just going to have sensitive teeth for a while.

By Platypus on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 03:38 pm:

All of the witches in Salem were hanged except for Giles Cory, who was pressed to death. (He was, incidentally, the first man in American history to be pressed to death).

I did a lot of research on this for a project at one point, Kazoo/Lapis, so if you are *really* interested I can get a lot more information on it than that. Certainly the claim that admitting one was a witch revoked the death sentance is untrue.

There was a lot of wierd stuff going on in Salem and most of it was related to property rights and land grabs. But, really, I can go on about this endlessly. Email me if you really want to know more.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 03:47 pm:

no, no. go on endlessly please.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 03:48 pm:

Platypus,was Giles Cory the one who spoke the last words "more weights" ,or was that someone else?

By Platypus on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 04:01 pm:

Yup, those were his last words. He was kind of accidentally murdered, since they were actually trying to torture him to get more names out of him. But instead of accusing people, he just said "more weight." (He was covered with a board which then had stones piled slowly on).

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 04:03 pm:

Platypus,more importantly,did "The Church" gain land from the Witch hunt?I bet at least the congregations became a lot bigger.

By Platypus on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 04:12 pm:

I should scan the map I did.

I did a color coded map of all the "witches" and where their land was. Then I looked at accusers and where their land was. And who stood to gain...interestingly, most of the "accusers" were directly adjacent to land owned by "witches" and got it when they were hung. More interesting yet, there were several documented land disputes between "witches" and their accusers.

The church also did gain a fair amount of land from the hangings as well. Have you read "The Scarlet Letter," or any Hawthorne, v2? His grandfather was one of the judges and he wrote several interesting pieces about the witch trials and the supernatural. (My personal favourite is Young Goodman Brown and you should check it out.)

By patrick on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 05:00 pm:

i think i posted on it before about the theory that all the hokas pokas of the witch trials in salem had to do with a naturally occuring toxin, ergot poisoning i believe it was.

here

if you scroll down to the section titled "Evidence for Ergotism in Salem" you get some good juicy details. Its actually quite fascinating to think that an entire community could become so enthralled religiously and socially by a then, barely known naturally occuring poison in the local grain supply.

By heather on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 05:47 pm:

"good" people are evil

caint trust no one

By Nate on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 05:54 pm:

certainly no one over 30.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 06:12 pm:

Platypus,thanks for "Young Goodman Brown"i have not seen it before.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 07:07 pm:

Patric,10 years ago,was going to write a book on Poltergeists,in the course of my research,i came across a woman of 30 with learning difficulties and epilepsy.She lived with her parents and three ghosts.One ghost was an old man who died in the house years ago [i could still smell his pipe tobbaco]the other was her dead cat,and the last...was a 6 inch diamiter ball of mist,rotating very fast,anti clock wise on the top stair landing.So you dont have to be a pubescent female to produce ghosts or poltergeists. I agree with the idea of ergot as a source but i found that poltergeists exist in at least one house in every street.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 07:39 pm:

i was only speaking of ergot poisoning as a factor in the Salem witch trials, not poltergeists in general.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 08:03 pm:

V.v., do you read Fortean Times?

By eri on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 08:24 pm:

I know a couple of people who are really into the whole poltergeist thing. They go ghost hunting on a regular basis and have most of the equipment that parnormal "experts" tend to use. It's kinda funny. They took me out to this old hotel here that is supposed to be haunted and I hear stories of other places that they have gone and other things that they have done. It's interesting.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 08:41 pm:

Sem,can you have no understanding of the Paranormal?If you were to put an advertisiment in your local newspaper requesting first hand information on poltergeists and ghosts,you will get more than you can handle,if your lucky [or unlucky]you will see the effects for yourself.There are plenty of Police Officers that have been first hand witnesses to such events.Happy hunting.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 09:00 pm:

Patrick,i understand you.If ergot can produce fits,then fits may produce poltergeists,allthough i only have that one case history,and it may be rare.Perhaps ergot boosts the ability of female children to use Psychokinesis.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 09:12 pm:

Eri,the one thing your ghost hunters need is a human amplifier,namely a girl approaching puberty.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 09:22 pm:

And that ball of spinning mist i refer to further above this posting may well be the shape of the mental energy produced in Psychokinesis.

By Lapis on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 05:35 am:

Poltergeists are scary. Not that I've ever 'met' one, but most ghosts are creepy enough.

Ghosts of North Portland

I tried emailing the guy who runs that site a couple times but when the activity was going on the computer would freeze every time.

The power flipped off a couple times, there's a ghost cat and some other things here. Voices. I haven't heard or felt anything in a long time though.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 10:15 am:

Actually, you'd be surprised about how well-informed I am about the paranormal, V.v., which is why I try to speak out for a non-paranormal explanation first. For example, there has been some interesting work done on electromagnetic fields and how they relate to the poltergeist phenomenon. See this, for example.

My point is that it's too easy to leap to a paranormal explanation without examining what ELSE can cause the phenomenon. I neither state that it is legitimately "supernatural" or not, just that all paranormal events require more study. It's like UFOs - you get a lot of UFO sightings, but most can later be identified as something identifiable. Some remain unidentified, but that doesn't automatically mean they are aliens, you know.

Seriously, V.v. go down to the local newstand and pick up a copy of Fortean Times, you will dig it. I was even published in it once!

By patrick on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 12:16 pm:

the travel channel has some cool shows about Haunted Places across the globe. I love shit like that. I've been to haunted ships, lighthouses and historic houses etc, but Ive never truly felt, seen or sensed something I believed to be of the paranormal. I believe in all the possibilities. My wife says im not a believer, thus I dont see. She does. Often.

By eri on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 02:32 pm:

Patrick, I should totally take you out here. There is so much history of hauntings in San Antonio.....on the travel channel series. It's fun. Tons of things out here to check out. I have only been to one of them so far, but I still plan to check out the others for fun.

By V.v. on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 08:36 pm:

Eri ,GODESS,i have been invited to a witchfest ON 8TH NOVEVEMBER,IN CROYDEN, ENGLAND.TEN THOUASAND WITCHES WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE,WHAT QUESTIONS DO YOU WISH ME TO ASK OF THEM?TELL ME AND I WILL ANSWERE YOUR QUESTIONS,.Lady bless.

By TBone on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 08:51 pm:

If you'd be willing to ask a bunch of people some questions poll-style, I have a few.

By V.v. on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 09:29 pm:

You ,sorabjis amaze me,i mean i dont mean to blow my own trumpet an all,i am indeed a white witch as you all know,there for i pray for all your souls,and i allways wish for your wellbeing

By V.v. on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 10:02 pm:

TBone,your no asshole,i understand that after 3 months of postings,so tell me bro, what do you want of v.v. the white witch?im at your service.ask of me what you will.,And i will put it to a jury of 10,000 European and American Witches,can you handle this?Somehow i think you can.

By V.v. on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 10:27 pm:

Sem,you have allways been a smart guy right?i dont dispute that,and i allways give you respect,i need people like you to keep me sane,but if you had been to some of the places i been to,it would scare you shitless,i swear to God.

By hetaher on Thursday, October 9, 2003 - 12:15 am:

i think you should join in a good ole larp and put the bite on someone

By Nate of peter on Thursday, October 9, 2003 - 12:49 am:

i think you should make an army of mashed potato men with pickles for swords and have them guard a bounty of radishes carved into delicate roses. i think you should fight valiantly against the turnip king but in the end it will be in vain. one hundred thousand mashed potato men are no match for legions after legions of turnips hell bent on returning the root to the ground. nay, you bastard spawn of sweet belladonna, you the mashed shall be whipped on this very day. night will fall and the moon shall rise on fields slick with the blood of the fallen.

but, alas, do not despair long. though your spud soldiers have fought in vain, and the radish rosettes have been stolen and spread to each corner of the globe, you still live. you flee to the broccoli forests, you hide among the melons and squash, you rebuild.

you REBUILD.

don’t let any motherfucker tell you otherwise. shine on you crazy diamond. threatened by shadows at night and exposed in the light. shine on you crazy diamond.

By LoneStranger on Thursday, October 9, 2003 - 01:34 am:

Spuds with turnip indigestion. That's what did them in. You've never experienced indigestion unless it's from a turnip.

LS

By semillama on Thursday, October 9, 2003 - 10:13 am:

the prodigal stranger returns.

V.V.: I pick the terror of the gods out my nose.

By wisper on Thursday, October 9, 2003 - 06:36 pm:

i can just picture nate bent over his kitchen table making tiny little mashed potatoe men.

that, good sir, is how you should spend your weekend.

don't say you didn't, because i'll imagine you did, just the same.

By LoneStranger on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 12:39 am:

Natey, you really ought to search your kitchen for the cameras which have been undoubtedly confirmed.

LS

By V.v. on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 08:28 pm:

Behold,my kitchen is a wall of fire where matter ceases to exist,it is perhaps one of the most awesome and unexpected images of life in heaven.

By V.v. on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 08:48 pm:

Nate,if you have a pile of mashed potatoe up to the ceiling you need to contact "www friends of devils tower."

By V.v. on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 09:07 pm:

Nate of Peter,i have the same cd game as you,[cheat mode]stand on the big rock near the fallen airship,then throw magic coal at the turnips [a bonus point for every hit]

By V.v. on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 09:57 pm:

Patrick,you are very lucky to have such wife.

By V.v. on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 10:31 pm:

Sem,The Fortian Times?Of course i know that publication.As for your "this" link,its SUPERB,but it cant ever explain the things i have witnessed in my life.you and i need to talk much more,it may take years,but we can learn a lot from each other.,And i am MOST interested in your input to the Fortian Times.My very best regards to you.

By V.v. on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 10:42 pm:

TBone,you have untill 8th november to put together your questions for the European Witchfest, and I promise you ill do the best i can to get you the answers you need."Lady Bless"

By V.v. on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 10:53 pm:

Hetaher,ill get get back to you soon as i get my Websters book of Americanisms from Amazon.[curses,i can only speak English,Russian,Polish,Lithuanian,Greek,Yiddish and Arabic}

By V.v. on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 11:08 pm:

Lapis,i hope one day you get to a Witchfest,they are AWESOME are you up for it?

By heather on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 12:41 am:

google baby

LARP

By Lapis on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 04:24 am:

I am up for a Witchfest but the real question should be "am I up for the witches?"

Or

Are they up for me.

You get a big group of people together without some type of barrier between them and me and I get nervous. I go ballistic (if we exaggerate a little) it's like selective claustrophobia with crowds instead of space.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 04:06 pm:

Lapis,i understand your thoughts,and not all Witches are lesbians.

By Lapis on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 04:13 pm:

????????????

There's no way you can understand me at all.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 04:36 pm:

Lapis,so explain.

By Lapis on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 04:44 am:

Selective claustrophobia. If I'm in a crowded space full of strangers and the mood isn't just right, my emotions go completely haywire. I'll be sad, mad, frustrated, in love, happy and hyper all in a manner of minutes. I move faster that what is deemed nessessary. I am likely to kick and throw things.

Mostly this is at my job during Christmas season when the crowds seem neverending and the music leans toward "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

Then I proceed to go into hiding for a couple of months, whimpering in my bed.

By J on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 10:55 am:

I can handle crowds,with a cattle prod.

By Nate on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 03:55 pm:

hot donuts and apple cider.

By heather on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 05:28 pm:

oh

you suck

:)

....hot donuts.....too far away

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact