The People We Randomly Meet

sorabji.com: How do you do?: The People We Randomly Meet
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Venatrix Mirjen on Tuesday, April 28, 1998 - 05:50 pm:
    I randomly met someone at an academic competition this past weekend. I was at an amazingly drug-free, alcohol-free, smoke-free party and this horrorshow goth is leaning on his cane in a corner. I don't often meet people, but I admit that Doug was a very cool person.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm happily attached and all, and he was too much like me, and it was one of those situations where you just want to get to know a person because...well, they just seem cool in whatever estimation your mind puts up. And it makes me angry that the chances of ever talking to him again are low, because he seemed a lot like me.
    Do you ever wonder about - what they are doing - the people that you randomly meet?

By Someonenotme on Friday, May 8, 1998 - 09:52 pm:
    looking in mirrors, thinking how cool they look to other people.

By Wisper on Sunday, May 10, 1998 - 12:51 am:
    I am smoking outside at school. There is some guy I have never seen before sitting alone by the garbage cans. He's not from school, obviously,(no ugly uniform). I'm not the kind of person to just start talking to strange people...actually, I'm not the kind of person to start talking to people at all. But something (call it 'vibes') tells me I should. I sit beside him. "so.......do you hang out in school parking lots often?" He laughs. He has nice eyes (the ONLY important physical feature) I give him ciggarettes. He tells me about how he often just sits in places like this, but no-one has ever talked to him before. I tell him I've never talked to people who do that before. I initiate the forlmal: my name's this, you're names_______ thingy. Jesse.
    Class ends. I leave. Go inside. Slightly depressed at the fact that I will never see him again. I hate that, not seeing these people again.
    I hope you read this Jesse. Maybe the waves of strange fate will bring us together in another parking lot someday..............

By Jesse on Thursday, June 11, 1998 - 01:19 am:
    I'm really a her, but thanks, that means alot to me. And I'd KILL for a uniform like yours! what was all that stuff about fate?

By Megan on Friday, June 19, 1998 - 02:27 pm:
    I do fine considering my life. No nothing mentally or physically wrong,just not satisfied. Then again I'll probably never be. This was so much fun though,I goota do it again.

By Oddball Odd on Friday, June 26, 1998 - 08:14 am:
    Tobacco is good.

By Wisper on Saturday, June 27, 1998 - 01:35 am:
    yes! yes it is!

By Lucy Phurre on Thursday, December 10, 1998 - 10:06 pm:

Odd tobacco related meeting.
    On my way to an event with dignitaries, I start a conversation with the only other person walking in my group who smokes.
    Not unusual. I live in California. Smokers have to stick together here.
    Find out he's French, only he doesn't say he's French, he says he's "From Paris"
    As I live with an Englishman, I am sorely tempted to say something like "Funny, you don't smell French" (I really don't have much against the French, it's just that I know so many French people jokes and I never get to use them. Besides, they are rude to everyone else in the world, why shouldn't they get razzed too?)

Anyway, it turns out that it's a really good thing that I resisted the temptation, because it turns out the guy is the vice-consul of France.

Weird.

By Brian on Tuesday, May 4, 1999 - 04:09 pm:

speaking of California and meeting people, I met the governor's secretary. She was getting a touchup and got some fresh highlights. She was quite pleasant really, and her hair turned out very nice.

By CarolAnn on Sunday, September 9, 2001 - 12:50 am:

It's open season on the sorabji boards right now. HA HA bloody HA. Everybody else is off stuttering!

By patrick on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 11:34 am:

open season?

By Czarina on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 01:32 pm:

Kinda like theres some mischievious little scamps,lurking in the dark recesses of Sorabjiland,that won't come out and be seen,when we're home.But wait,like little roaches,to sneak out when they think no one will catch them.

By on Thursday, July 1, 2004 - 01:18 pm:

???

By wisper on Friday, December 2, 2011 - 08:08 am:

...why did i forget about this post? (from 13
    years ago, hah)

Probably not too long after i wrote this, i did
    end up seeing Jesse again. Lots. It had been years
    since that day in the parking lot, but very long
    story short, he ended up being the best friend of
    a friend from that very school. He was in the
    parking lot waiting for her, but i didn't meet her
    until a few years later. There were many
    adventures involving him.

He was also a teenage heroin addict. This was
    discovered when someone caught him shooting up
    while he was hidden in a field during a drunken
    night game of hide n' seek. It was a shock, but
    not a surprise. The guy was a hippie who always
    wore a jean jacket no matter what the weather.
    Obviously to hide his arms. He also never blinked.

I hung out at his house one time. It became
    apparent that all he really did all day was shoot
    heroin, eat chocolate chip cookies, and watch
    Babylon 5.

I figured he would die sooner rather than later.

But, as it turns out, last i heard he cut his
    waist-length hair, got rid of his full wardrobe of
    tie-dye shirts, got clean and got a career
    somewhere far away.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact