%$@#!$@~*#*$^&^*~&^~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorabji.com: How do you do?: %$@#!$@~*#*$^&^*~&^~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 04:35 pm:

motherfucker!!!!!
    http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010126/ts/rumsfeld.html

I calm myself with knowledge that he may not be able to get funding from Congress for this..but then again....there are enough moderate dems to make it happen.

DIDN'T ANYONE LEARN A LESSON FROM REAGAN???????

this Bush administration is proving already to be more damning than I originally thought.

So lets see, in one week in office, our illegitimate prez has take a punch at abortion rights, and now he's swinging for missle defense.

207 weeks to go.

By Nate on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 04:51 pm:

i have no idea how accurate this is.

i was reading a bit of history about reagan and gorbechev talking in rjejakdkjfk iceland back in ... 86?

apparently the discussion got to the point where reagan said "i'd be happy to ditch all the nukes!" and gorby said "then let's ditch all the nukes! i'm fine by that!"

and then gorby said "this brings you to one thing: either say you'll ditch SDI (star wars) or say goodbye"

reagan said goodbye.

By patrick on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 05:54 pm:

well....
    it merely seems a funnel of gov cash to donors namely in the military and aviation industries.

powell, the nimwit proposes increasing military spending, yet they want us to pull out of situations like Kosovoa, Bosnia and so forth.

They want to increase spending yet pull out of military engagments.

Explain the logic of this? We love our stealth technology sitting in warehouses in Nevada and New Mexico collecting dust apparently.

The nimwits talk about "rogue" nations.....give me a fucking break. Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Iran, N.Korea and so on are more likely to brign a bomb to the US in a suitcase then lob a missle at us that has a clear departure point on satellite. Which result in us lobbing about countless nukes their way. These "rogue" nations arent that stupid. Terrorism is much more effective in their case than traditional warfare.

fucking brilliant plans i tell ya!

By Tom on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 11:09 pm:

Yeah... even before he got into office, the appointees for cabinet positions were discussing the star wars program. Um.

On the whole, Bush is trying to get lots done really fast, it looks like. It's almost impressive. Think he'll burn out?

How old is W, anyhow?

By dave. on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 01:57 am:

thing is, dubya's not doing any of it. this shit's been on agendas since clinton swore in. he's just saying the words, making the statements.

the gop (the power players in government and old money institutions, the noveau-riche converts and even the nra rednecks and soldiers of christ) have this weird hive mentality thing where the personality is almost irrelevant. at every level, the agenda is all that matters.

that's why this is all happening so fast. they've had 8 years to plan and revise down to the minutiae. all they needed was the authority.

By dave. on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 01:59 am:

now, the democrats: them's good people.

By R.C. on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 03:13 am:

As folks/most of the Dems are little better than the Republicans. But it's where the 'little' lies that makes the difference.

I've voted in ever national election since I was 18 & I've yet to see a Republican candidate for any office that I wd cast my vote for.

What I don't get is why nobody is ranting abt living in "the greatest nation on Earth" where we have 28 different choices of cars but only 2 choices for national political parties.

(And I'm still pissed at Nader/but that's besides the point.)

I wonder if the all the disenfranchised FL voters will ever have their day in court.

For the record: I went to my polling station here in Sarasota & voted w/no problems. They asked to see my i.d./I showed them my Voter Registration Card/& I was out of there in 10 min.

By Kymical on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 09:59 am:

i just want him to be quiet over there in washington. not do anything or say anything for the next 4 years.
    i would like to be able to pretend he isn't really president.

By semillama on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 12:22 am:

Our Commander-in-Thief is a youthful 54. Hard to believe, huh?

Although it's nice to see that our nation has gone back to our rich heritage of traty violations.

By The Watcher on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 02:24 pm:

R.C.

Your wrong. There are multiple choices you can make for politians.

There's The Green Party, The Consttution Party, The Natural Law Party, The Libertarian Party, The Comunist Party, ect., ect..

Take your pick. You just have to learn about them. And, vote for the candidates that stand on the issues you like.

It doesn't matter if they loose. Just that you Vote!

By patrick on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 02:47 pm:

"What I don't get is why nobody is ranting abt living in "the greatest nation on Earth" where we have 28 different choices of cars but only 2 choices for national political parties.

(And I'm still pissed at Nader/but that's besides the point.) "

How can you make a call for more parties and then be pissed at Nadar (presumably for "stealing" some of the Gore vote)?

The disenfranchised votes in FL will not completley be taken care of. This happens every major election. The NAACP and ACLU file suits, nothing every really comes from them. Unfortuantely...issues that often have Jesse J and Al Sharpton at wheel....well....they tend to get squashed. Mainstream America doesnt pay that much attention to Jesse and Al. Even if they have worthy issue at hand, which they do in this case and in other cases, they need the mainstream to make anything of it. You may not like this, and frankly it does suck, but many people cringe at the thought of Jesse and Al and the issues they speak for.

By Nate on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 01:41 pm:

democrats are sneaky evil. at least the repubs are evil in your face.

the dem mind control machine is the scariest thing in government today.

By Trace on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 03:00 pm:

I am so SICK of hearing about disfranchised voters....

By patrick on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 03:11 pm:

why?
    (choose the best one)

A) because you want to ingore it happend
    B) because you think it didnt happen
    C) it doesn't apply to you so why be bothered

typical american shit. we get all hopped up about politics once every 4 years....then we don't want to hear anything about it for 4 more. fickle fickle fickle

By Trace on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 03:13 pm:

B

By patrick on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 03:26 pm:

thats awfully naive. There have been countless incidents documented that indicate some black voters were disenfranchised. Come on Trace, you think because its illegal on the books that officials don't act on their own racist notions.

Hell a young, white northwest city gal said right here on liberal leaning sorbaji that she had a racists notion....you think older to middle aged white men in the rural deep south don't have some left over racism they still act on? Have you been to the south, muchless Florida? Have you heard of the good ole boy system? I've lived in GA for most of my life, i've been witness to this. I've even been privilege to the good ole boy system. Unfortuantely I think the answer you selected is due to A and C as well.

By Trace on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 03:40 pm:

Well, I have not seen anything around me that would lead me to beleive that that kind of treatment would continue today. If it did, then we need to hang the ones that are doing it.

By Nate on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 03:53 pm:

disenfranchisement happens every election. it is unavoidable. it did not impact the results. the results are legal. bush won 4 times over. moot moot moot moot.

By semillama on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 04:09 pm:

And remember, just because something isn't right, doesn't mean it can't be legal too.

By Nate on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 04:24 pm:

there are bug parts in much of the packaged food you eat. it might not be right to eat bug parts, but it is an unavoidable consequence of the scale of production.

By Dougie on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 04:47 pm:

Hell yes, I look for the ones with more PPM -- gives the food a crunchier texture.

By heather on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 05:43 pm:

like there wouldn't be bug parts in your food from the garden

eating bug parts is natural- it's a consequence of them living in your food

By Nate on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 06:21 pm:

disenfranchisement happens every election. it is unavoidable due to the scale of the operation and the method of the machine.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 06:32 pm:

i think we are speaking of disenfranchisement due to race here pal, not a system in need of oil.

Every election the NAACP, ACLU and other organizations file suit too.

By Nate on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 07:28 pm:

that's what i'm talking about, patrick.

because a nation election involves 50+ different sets of election law and (how many?) different balloting places each with their own management and neighborhood conditions, there is bound to be race related disenfranchisement.

it is statistically insignifigant.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 08:03 pm:

i don't buy that.

and vastness of the task of administering an election is no excuse. I don't care how insignificant the numbers are. thats kind of pussy wouldnt you say?

would you accept this same logic if say it were the military? people of other ethnicities were being denied access to the military. What about tax laws? We you take this same nonchalent approach if were discovered people of color were being taxed unfairly? Both the military and our tax system are subject to local conditions.

Opponents could have used the same argument for school desegregation.

By Nate on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 08:37 pm:

none of those things are one-day events. people who run precincts in presidential elections do the job once every 4 years. they are mostly volunteers.

think of the ways people were reportedly disenfranchised. it is easy to see that these are small actions perped by small people.

By R.C. on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 04:36 am:

Personal politics differ from real politic, Patrick.

Having a dozen different candidates that can run differs greatly from having more than 2 candidates that have any real chance at winning/becuz of the way the primaries are run. I think there shd have to be at least 4 parties on the ballot for it to be a national election. I vote for the lesser of 2 evils when neither candidate thrills me/becuz I know that a vote for a 3rd party candidate w/no chance of winning siphons off votes from a viable candidate who is much less scary than the opponent.

And yeah -- I think Nader played the spolier. He still didn't get the 5% he needed to get federal funding the next time he runs/& he did hurt Gore. If he'd been decent enuf to bow out/the voters for Nader who wd've then cast their votes for Gore might have made up for the votes for Gore that never got counted here in FL -- as I heard the groundskeeper at a church that was used for polling say on t.v. -- becuz some of the polling machines in heavily Black Democratic precincts were NEVER PICKED UP after the election.

Seeing that old Black man stand up in front of those cameras (these were the hearings Kwesi Mfume held re: people who were kept from voting) w/so much dignity in the midst of his anger/ knowing that he had lived long enuf to recall a time when Blackfolks could not vote in this country/hearing him talk abt how that voting machine was left behind/even after he called the Board of Elections to report it -- well, let's just say "disenfranchisment is unavoidable" is a very hollow excuse to someone like him. Or me.

By Antigone on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 04:52 am:

Sure disenfranchisement is avoidable. If
    financial institutions can create computer systems
    that reliably track billions of dollars down to
    the penny, we can count the results of a few
    hundred million votes. And it isn't statistically
    insignificant! Christ, where were you for the
    last two months of 2000, Nate?

This is not a matter of technology anymore. It's
    a matter of will.

By Trace on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 07:01 am:

What the hell? Since when did any of this have anything to do with technology? Or race. People did not punch the damn ballots correctly. How can we even say there was disfranchisement when we spent so many times recounting the damn vote and each time the numbers came out differently, except the results never changed? Step back for a minute and take a deep breath and you will see that the only reason the numbers changed each time is that they allowed ballots to be counted that were originally disqualified, or even just plain thrown away by the voters because they made a mistake and had to redo their vote? Did you know that they put the disqualified ballots in the same trash can as the ballots the voters threw away when they accidently punched two holes? or punched the wrong hole and needed a new one?
    Come on people get over it. It is over.

By heather on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 08:13 am:

so trace, i'm guessing you didn't read rc's post....

i find your indignation ridiculous.

how can it be over? are we through with voting in this country?

i am so frustrated by people who wax religious that the status quo is just fine. it is never fine. THINK, damn-it.

By Trace on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 08:46 am:

What ever.
    I am tired of hearing peole scream DISCRIMINATION! went they don't get what they want.

By heather on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 09:34 am:

i am tired of people who have most likely experienced very little discrimination pass judgement on those who have dealt with it all their lives

what people WANT is to be heard

By semillama on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 09:56 am:

Right on.

The bug parts thing interested me, though, so I will start a thread for it.

By Trace on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 10:52 am:

That is what everyone wants. That is what I want.
    And you know what? I never get heard. Have you heard me crying discrimination? No.
    I got turned down for a job because I was a white male, and not a minority. They directly told me that. Did I cry discrimination? No.
    My ex fiance had an abortion and i told her not too, and said i did not want it done, but she had it done anyway. So I was ignored because I was only the father, and not the mother. Did I cry discrimination? No.
    Deal with it and stop being such whiners

By J on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 11:30 am:

By patrick on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 12:38 pm:

Trace read the jist of the lawsuits in progress. Trace this shit has gone on for years. So what, you want to just grandfather the illegals practices in? "So be it" as you and nate would say. The disenfranchisement we are speaking of here is not the recount. Its the actual events that took place at the voting booths on election day. As nate correctly says, it has happened in all elections prior. Its just this election was so close it polarized the need for election reform. But while middle america, such as youself sits with your heads up your ass, people are getting fucked. Unfortuantely this breed of racism is difficutl to prove, because they can hide behind supermegatechnicalities that the precinct workers would probably never apply to you because you are white and male.

"Deal with it stop being whiners"

that has to be about the most ignorant thign i have ever seen you say trace.

oh and RC, there were many canidates on the ballot. Unfortunately, the way the repubs and dems work, they pretty much engulf one way or another the majority of america's values. Their job, as a 1/2 of a two party system is to reach as many as possible. The 5% funding that Nadar could potentially receive wouldnt have helped his case. As you saw with the reform party who had 5% from the previous election...well....you saw what happend to that party. It factionalized and split. Havign Nadar back down would have been spinless and contradictory to what it is you seem to want.

ACLU Lawsuits Re: Voter Disenfranchisement

1. Andrews v. Cox: On January 5th, the ACLU's
    Voting Rights Project filed the first post-election
    challenge to a state's electoral process in state
    court on behalf of seven African American voters in
    DeKalb, Fulton and Cobb counties in Georgia. The
    complaint alleged that voters in some Georgia
    counties were ten times more likely than others to
    lose their right to vote because of a "fatally flawed"
    system. It characterized Georgia's voting system as
    "a hodgepodge consisting of antiquated devices,
    confusing mechanisms, and equipment having
    significant error rates even when properly used."
    Georgia law currently allows the use of various
    mechanisms to record votes, including paper
    ballot, voting machine (lever), vote recorder
    (punch card machine), electrical scanning systems,
    and certain electronic voting systems. The ACLU
    found a high level of error in punch card machines
    (4.7 percent), used in predominantly African
    American counties, as compared to the 2.1
    percent error rate for optical scanners. The
    complaint asks the court to block the state from
    conducting future elections "using machinery that
    fails to correctly and accurately record every vote
    cast."

2. NAACP v. Harris: On January 10th, the ACLU,
    along with the NAACP, the Lawyers' Committee for
    Civil Rights Under Law, and several other groups
    filed a lawsuit in the federal court in Florida
    challenging the discriminatory and unequal voting
    policies and practices in Florida's electoral system.
    Filed on behalf of the NAACP and twenty-four
    individual African-American and Haitian-American
    voters, the lawsuit stems from an investigation
    conducted by the NAACP in the days and weeks
    following the November 7th election. The
    investigation identified disparate and unfair voting
    practices across the state that resulted in the
    invalidation of a disproportionate number of ballots
    cast by black voters for President, the wrongful
    purge of black voters from official voter lists, a
    failure to properly process registrations of black
    voters, and the establishment of unjustifiable
    barriers to black voters. The complaint asks for a
    range of remedies designed to repair a system that
    is fatally flawed.

3. Black v. McGuffage: On January 11th, the ACLU
    of Illinois filed a case in federal court on behalf of
    three African American voters alleging that
    inequalities, highlighted by the use of the
    error-ridden punch card voting system, resulted in a
    disproportionate number of ballots from precincts
    with high racial minority populations going
    uncounted in the presidential election. The court
    challenge followed the release of official results in
    Chicago showing that more than 70,000 legally
    cast ballots were not counted. A Washington Post
    analysis found that in those Cook County precincts
    where the population was comprised of less than
    30 percent persons of color, the percentage of
    uncounted ballots averaged just 4.9 percent. But in
    those precincts where racial minorities comprised
    more than 90 percent of the voting population, the
    percentage of uncounted ballots exceeded nine
    percent. The lawsuit asks the court to enter a
    permanent injunction prohibiting the state of Illinois
    from conducting future elections using the punch
    card system.

In his statement at the Washington, D.C. press
    conference called to announce the filing of the
    case in Florida, ACLU Legal Director Steven R.
    Shapiro said, "What we witnessed in Florida during
    the past election was a national embarrassment. It
    is simply no longer possible for the nation to ignore
    the deep, disturbing, and discriminatory flaws in the
    electoral system that have now been revealed to
    all of us in excruciating detail." The ACLU remains
    committed to ensuring that in the future, each and
    every vote is counted equally and accurately.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 12:56 pm:

"If financial institutions can create computer systems that reliably track billions of dollars down to the penny, we can count the results of a few hundred million votes. "

_if the infrastructure is established_. it hasn't been yet. when it is, disenfranchisement will decrease.

because, you know, a large percentage of blackfolk own computers, and are the internet.

and most of the disenfranchisement that is effected isn't due to backwater morons scaring people away from the polls.

"And it isn't statistically
    insignificant! Christ, where were you for the
    last two months of 2000, Nate? "

You're smarter than that, Antigone. The election was statistically a tie.

Flordia was called for Gore before the conservative west even closed its polls. Bush probably would have won by a larger margin had this not happened.

"i am tired of people who have most likely experienced very little discrimination pass judgement on those who have dealt with it all their lives"

that's discrimination. we discriminate against trace all the time because he's a podunk rightwing cracker.

By Trace on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 12:59 pm:

Podunk Rightwing Cracker? I take offense to that, my friend. The last thing I am is a cracker.
    Too me, crackers are lice infested, non-bathing, fowl smelling creatures who know they way they are and are happy to be that way

By Trace on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 01:01 pm:

I am not passing judgement on anyone, but Patrick, I dare say you are definately the pot calling the kettle black

By Trace on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 01:01 pm:

It is time to set this place on fire again

By cracker on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 01:11 pm:

pot calling the kettle black? can you specify what i said in which you make this statement upon?

By The Watcher on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 02:08 pm:

You could all use some adult supervision.

Unfortunatly, I just don't have the time.

By dave. on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 02:18 pm:

i don't want to get back into this mess again, i just wanna encourage everyone on the west coast to stop paying their electric bills until the generators are willing to negotiate a reasonable price.

you first. thank you.

By J on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 02:37 pm:

By patrick on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 02:43 pm:

well it doesn't have to go back to the previous hohum.....

no use in backtracking, but i think RC had posed the question if those who were disenfranchised would be dealt with. Thats what i was addressing. I wasn't debating the merits of Dubya or the outcome of the election. Whether those disenfranchised would have changed the outcome or not is irrelavent to me.

I kinda of suspected that any kind of reform in voting would get put by the wayside after the election due to the public mindset of "get over it" such as Trace has exemplified.

Dave im not so sure thats a reasonable idea. I know people who have had their power shut off due to a $15 unpaid bill. My wife is about to start her own business, we need power at the house for her communications. And besides, LA hasnt fucked us yet...so

By patrick on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 02:48 pm:

but J...that article addresses the mistakes made by voters. We aren't talking about the idiocy of the voters, but rather the failures of the system.

By dave. on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 02:59 pm:

well, i'm thinking that if (big if) everyone did it, it'd hamstring the power generators. sure, they'd shut people off but i bet the guvmint would step right in and deal with it properly. right now, we're being extorted. my bill hasn't even significantly gone up and i still feel like we're being extorted. fuckers. when we don't use enough, they add a surcharge. when we use too much they jack the rates.

i do know that it's gonna get ugly. there's been a lot of shit dug up lately. i can pat myself on the back 'cause it's shit i've been saying all along. i'm so fucking smart.

By patrick on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 03:17 pm:

everyone couldnt do it.

many people rely on power at home for medical reasons...respirators, dialysis machines and whatnot.

you'd be better of going and sabtoging the plants

By dave. on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 03:48 pm:

ok, not everyone. 75 percent of everyone. hell, just the fact that we can't proves that it's not your typical product and needs to be managed atypically.

i don't want to take away the ability to produce, just the ability to be extorted. here again, the people have the power and they just don't care. gimme some of that gop hive-mind power. i promise i'll play nice.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 04:03 pm:

the people who bill californian power users are not the people who generate the power.

PG&E already can't pay its bills.

what we need to do is boycott products that come from states that have shot their energy prices up.
    oregon, washington, nevada, arizona...

By patrick on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 04:19 pm:

what do you think of that audit that was released yesteday showing Edison to half 1.something something in cash assets. that report seems too easy.

I think some texas based companies also supply CA, and even own some of the plants her ein CA.

By dave. on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 04:26 pm:

fuck yeah. everyone stop buying wintel computers and stop flying. apple and trains, apple and trains. . .

no really, the product that should be boycotted in the form of not paying for it is electricity. i really doubt the producers would pull the plug, especially if it was publicized well enough. i think they'd cave and get all those plants back online.

don't get too close to my fantasy.

By Antigone on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 05:10 pm:

I always knew you were an arsonist at heart, Trace.

Trace: "Since when did any of this have anything to do with technology? Or race. People did not punch the damn ballots correctly."

Well, let's see how well you can "set this place on fire" by rubbing two sticks together. Let's have a race! I'll use a blow torch and you can have your sticks.

Of course technology is a factor.

Moron.

Nate, from your comments it looks like you assumed I meant internet voting from home. I didn't mention it, but I don't think it would be feasable anyway. Anything like that would be too hackable.

And, sure the election was basically a tie. That's exactly why almost any systematic effect on voting was statistically significant. Do you know what "statistically significant" means?

By heather on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 06:49 pm:

nate-

'"i am tired of people who have most likely experienced very little discrimination pass judgement on those who have dealt with it all their lives"

that's discrimination.'

explain how that is discrimination. i was using trace's words. i was responding directly to his statements.

discriminate: [in this context] to make a difference in treatment or favor on a basis other than individual merit.

trace-

"I got turned down for a job because I was a white male, and not a minority. They directly told me that. Did I cry discrimination? No."

- maybe you should have

"My ex fiance had an abortion and i told her not too, and said i did not want it done, but she had it done anyway. So I was ignored because I was only the father, and not the mother. Did I cry discrimination? No."

- that wasn't discrimination. it was an unfortunate situation for you, and you did not have the upperhand because it wasn't your body. you should have been more discriminating regarding who you chose to have sex with.

By Dougie on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 07:38 pm:

Trace, go away.

[what everybody wants is to be heard] "That is what everyone wants. That is what I want. And you know what? I never get heard. Have you heard me
    crying discrimination? No."

Yeah, I heard you whining about that job you wanted but didn't get a while ago. You made yourself heard about that on these boards. And I heard you whining about your past squeeze having an abortion over your protests (not discrimination though). You made yourself heard about that too here.

By Cat on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 08:06 pm:

I never thought I'd say this, but I don't reckon it's appropriate to tell Trace to go away. While I disagree with about everything he says and sometimes long to jam foreign objects up his flaring nostrils, he still has a right to an opinion.
    Right wing fascist bully boys have their place in Sorabjalia, even if it's just to stop us becoming a bunch of nodding liberal pussies. And besides, I think Trace is getting a jolly from the attention being the whipping boy brings.

I don't bother to argue with him any more, since I get more sense from my poodle (except where the issue is chocolate allocation for small mammals).

By Nate on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 08:29 pm:

YOU'RE ALL FUCKING BASTARDS!

"Nate, from your comments it looks like you assumed I meant internet voting from home. I didn't mention it, but I don't think it would be feasable anyway. Anything like that would be too hackable. "

my comments addressed two possibilities-- internet voting from home, and higher tech voting at the polls. discrimination at the polls is decidedly low-tech.

"explain how that is discrimination. i was using trace's words. i was responding directly to his statements. "

you assumed he'd never been discriminated against because he is a redneck.

"And, sure the election was basically a tie. That's exactly why almost any systematic effect on voting was statistically significant. Do you know what "statistically significant" means? "

statistically signifigant indicates values that exceed the margin of error. they have nothing to do with the outcome.

fuckwit.

By Dougie on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 08:45 pm:

Duly noted, Cat. I didn't mean for him to go away forever, just to step off for a while.

By on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 11:40 pm:

i don't understand why everyone is trying to cut in the line. it's not going to happen faster.

By agatha on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 02:32 am:

i love you all.

By semillama on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 09:39 am:

All I know is that when the zombie John Wayne gets here, we're ALL boned.

By Ahh do you really fucking care on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 10:28 am:

agatha, let's take it one step further. ENOUGH! enough, enough, enough! no more politico bullshit on sorabji! we are done! SEX! SEX! SEX! hello, i have a jump on Spring. remember Spring? it's almost here.. well in the nothern hem. anyways.. let's talk about sex baby, let's talk about you and me, let's talk about it..
    fuck politics, let's shag!

just trying desperately to through you all off course...

semi-we are all definitely boned..... or need to be!

By J on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 11:55 am:

By patrick on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 12:33 pm:

heh

i am willing to bet agatha is the 3rd best mother in the world......and thats say a lot about someone i've never met.

3rd after my grandmother and my wife (someday perhaps)

I suspect if kelsey were one of my neighborhood play buddies....id wanna go over to their house all the time cause agatha would be the one who has the pink lemonade and popcorn.....you know...the nonthreatening parental types.

(my mom always hated it when my croonies came over...hey even villians rest you know. furthermore, when i wanted a snack I always heard "you'll spoil your dinner")

By Antigone on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 02:30 pm:

Mmmm... You might be right, Nate. I'll have garlic tobasco with my crow, please.

By Nate on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 03:06 pm:

i find that if you hold the crow under the table long enough Trace will eat it.

By Antigone on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 03:24 pm:

What, is he under there looking for dick?

By Trace on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 03:58 pm:

no response

By Nate on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 04:52 pm:

actually, that was a response.

no response would look different.

By on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 04:53 pm:

By Nate on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 04:53 pm:

like that.

By Cat on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 06:53 pm:

I'm going to alert the National Guard.

Me: "Shit, we got an emergency on our hands, Trace has no response."

Cute Nakey Guardsman with rippling chest muscles:"Whaddya mean, no response? Does that mean the thread will die?"

Me: "I don't know, we've never had a situation where he doesn't pull any interesting debate down to the level of his trailer wheels."

Guardsman: "Holy Shit, this could be bad."

(pause)

Guardsman: "I'll give you 30 minutes to stop licking my badge, Mam"

Me: "Oh is that your badge?"

(fade to waterfall)

By Nate on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 08:14 pm:

where does a nakey guardsman pin his badge?

By Cat on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 09:19 pm:

On his hat.

The interesting question is where he hangs his hat when nakey.

By dave. on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 09:59 pm:

not that interesting.

By agatha on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 03:38 am:

i'm an okay mom, but i'm definitely not the best. i yell at cleo all the time. really. my friend katie, now there's a mother.

By semillama on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 09:49 am:

LMAO - "level of his trailer wheels" - that's classic and I must store that in my long term memory.

By Trace on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 12:47 pm:

nice

By Trace on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 12:56 pm:

Cat, I am sorry to hear that you consider any point of view that does not agree with yours is trailer park trash. It must be lonely at the top.

By Dougie on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 01:00 pm:

Contentious little bunch we all are, n'est-ce pas?

By Nate on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 01:01 pm:

she's really not that close to the top, Trace. that's just how it looks from where you're sitting.

By J on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 02:12 pm:

Since everyone's so bitchy anyway,I feel like bitching too,my son,the one that already got a D.W.I. two years ago when he was underage to boot,was in a accident by our house last spring,I think I posted about it,anyway they took his blood.When he got his first D.W.I,he hadn't been drinking,but when the cop told him he smelled pot,,he VOLUNTEERED to the officer that he wasn't smoking dope,but that his friends were smoking it in his car a few hours earlier.Busted,after that,we told him to never VOLUNTEER any info to the man.When this accident happened last spring,he had just gotten back from Rocky Point,anyway when we heard that they took blood,my s/o went to the police dept. to get a copy of the report,we just got it yesterday,and that boy WILL have to spend a month in tent city,it's mandetory,2 D.W.I's in less than 2 years,the sad thing is it's his very own words that busted him,he took the report home yesterday so I can't put down what all he said,but he hung himself.I don't feel sorry for him,I'm just sorry he's so stupid.

By Platypus on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 02:27 pm:

Maybe if the nakey gaurdsmen had nipple rings he could pin his badge there?
    Although I think we don't have to call out the National guard because Trace will respond. I don't think he can resist the opportunity. After all, he left once, and returned-what, the next day?
    Crazy, all of us, crazy.

By Trace on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 03:41 pm:

Youn's better watch yerselves, I mightn'n fill your asses full of lead, if'n i can see with one glass eye, that is.

By Cat on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 05:07 pm:

That's funny. Bravo Trace.

By cyst on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 07:42 pm:

I saw agatha's daughter yesterday. she's a nice kid. she even gave me two of her pokemon cards.

agatha was also very nice. she spent a lot of time talking to me even though she knew everyone else there. it was fun.

By J on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 11:16 am:

From the officers report,Ryan is referred to his last name,C. While I was speaking with C.,I noticed he had an odor of a alcoholic beverage on his breath,and his eyes were very bloodshoot and watery.I asked C how much alcohol he had consumed today and he stated that he had "one beer"when he got up this morning.I asked him if he had anything to drink since the time of the collision and he stated that he had not.I then asked C when he last used drugs and he stated that he "smoked pot and took valium" in Rocky Point.He advised that he had gone to Rocky Point with some friends ,for a couple of days.He then added that while he was in Rocky Point,he smoked marijuana and took valium.I asked C if he has a prescription for valium and he stated that he does not and that in Mexico,it is not necessary to have a prescription in order to buy valium.I asked C if he had smoked marijuana today and he paused for a few seconds prior to telling me"no".

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact