Virtue

sorabji.com: Why did you do it?: Virtue
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Saturday, October 28, 2000 - 01:53 pm:

"Virgil began: 'Love that is kindled by
    virtue, will, in another, find reply,
    as long as that love's flame appears without.'"
    --Dante

I can't stop thinking about this man. I want to talk about him to people but I don't know what to say because I don't know him personally at all...I only talk about work with him. That doesn't stop me from trying to slip him into conversations. My roommate was teasing me about it but I don't care.

I adore him. He's a joy to be around. I wouldn't even say he was awkward anymore...he just has a non-businesslike sunny goofiness that's so endearing. What a fun dad he must be.

I can't express how happy I am that I'm full of nothing but fondness and affection for him. Most of the time when I meet someone I like, I also hate them because I'm weird and sexual attraction makes me horrified. There's none of that here. It's agape, not eros. There's nothing inappropriate going on inside me. And I don't want *him* to like me in "that" way...I just want him to like me period. I want him think well of me.

Yesterday was such a pleasant day because several things happened that told me he does. In the morning, I saw his face light up when he saw me come into his office, and then he grinned at me. Later, he told me to talk to one of our co-workers about a problem I was having, and he said "If he's mean to you, you let me know and I'll straighten him out." Then he told me he was impressed with how sharp I am. And I noticed he laughs a lot when he talks to me.

This makes me happy.

By Gee on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 03:12 pm:

that's the sweetest thing.

By Nate on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 05:48 pm:

well, second sweetest anyway.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact