bottling

sorabji.com: Why did you do it?: bottling
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By la on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 - 10:09 pm:

my mom and my aunt are twins and fairly close. i'm not much for giving birthday presents these days, but when my aunt called me up to invite me tothe family birthday bbq (my dad's birthday is three days before my mom & aunt's), i had to figure out a present.

ever since she visited italy about two years ago, she's talked about the wonderful limoncello she had there, so i decided to make some and simply give her a card in the meantime.

so i finished it up a little over a week later and called to let her know it was ready and ask when we should get together so i could give it to her...

she was in the hospital recovering from a staph infection!

she fell off her bike a couple weeks ago and scraped up her elbow fairly badly. it opened up a few times over the next week and a half and became infected and swollen. she went to the emergency room on friday and got some antibiotics but it only got worse. she was admitted a second time on saturday night and they operated sunday morning.

she's supposed to be out today or tomorrow and i'll probably see her thursday.

By la on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 - 10:15 pm:

i've also been working on kombucha again and i think i've mentioned ginger beer.

just bottled my first batch of the kombucha with a few blackberries in each bottle and about to bottle my second batch of ginger beer later tonight.

By sarah on Wednesday, September 8, 2010 - 04:42 pm:

how do you make limoncello?

By heather on Thursday, September 9, 2010 - 03:32 am:

what is with limoncello? it is like the hottest topic on my internets.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, September 9, 2010 - 01:12 pm:

sarah, just google it!

By Antigone on Thursday, September 9, 2010 - 02:43 pm:

Then googlr Danny Divito.

By jaq on Thursday, September 9, 2010 - 02:44 pm:

By la on Thursday, September 9, 2010 - 03:22 pm:

By sarah on Thursday, September 9, 2010 - 04:52 pm:

wow, grain alcohol. that is really surprising and scares the crap out of me.

is it ready yet? did you try it?

hope your aunt gets to feeling better.

By la on Thursday, September 9, 2010 - 10:18 pm:

It's quite strong and very sweet. Recommended for sipping or mixing with club soda.

I dropped off the bottle for my aunt this afternoon. She was at the doctor and I didn't have time to wait around, so fingers crossed but no other news.

By Dr Pepper on Friday, September 10, 2010 - 01:46 am:

By sarah on Friday, September 10, 2010 - 12:04 pm:

the recipe recommends not using vodka. i so want to make limoncello, but grain alcohol... i just... too closely associated with college dorm parties and date rape. i can already feel the headache.

i've tasted the danny devito limoncello. we still have it in the way far back of the liquor cabinet. it was a gift. bleagh!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact