I need a canadian

sorabji.com: What have you failed to do?: I need a canadian
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Monday, November 29, 1999 - 07:13 pm:

contac coughcaps.

they don't sell them in the US.

can someone ship?

i will pre-pay.

By MoonIt on Monday, November 29, 1999 - 08:35 pm:

yeah and can i have an oscarmyerwiener whistle while your at it? or some twinkies?

pleaseeeeee

By Gee on Monday, November 29, 1999 - 10:31 pm:

I am going to the post office this wednsday or thursday to send my friend Jerry something. There's a drugstore across the street. If you tell me where you live I will stalk y-I mean I'll send you some.

Do they not have Twinkies in NZ? Really?

By J on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 09:28 am:

Moonit,I have the weiner whistle,if I can find it,you can have it.

By cyst on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 10:20 am:

has everyone sent their mail art? can we all expect to receive that soon? that would be grrrrreat!

By J on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 10:43 am:

I did,weeks ago.I hope Agatha found my 2 bucks in the art museum book.Cyst,got my tickets to Costa Rica yesterday,can,t go until March 17.ten nights.I,m gong to look at some real estate.You know that song The Way,by Fastball?? That,s what I,m going to do.Also took out some money just incase the shit hits the fan on New Years.

By Patrick on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 11:57 am:

yeah Gee, did you get yer crap in? It's looking like new years for our package of goodies!

By MoonIt on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 03:45 pm:

wiener whistle wiener whistle ; )

Gee they really do not have twinkies here. We've recently got oreo cookies.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 04:04 pm:

*gasp*

What are you, savages???

By Nate on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 04:50 pm:

and we don't have contac coughcaps in the US!

By Isolde on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 08:15 pm:

I used to have an Oscar Meyer Weiner Whistle. I wonder what happened to it?

By Agatha on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 09:05 pm:

gee just emailed me yesterday and said she had resent her mail. she is the last person, so you should be getting your mail within the next week.

By NZAngel on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 11:05 pm:

I know where to buy twinkies in chch.

Whats it worth?

By MoonIt on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 01:37 am:

ha. Its the minigolf?bowlingalley? or something....isnt it?

is a ringding a biscuit thing?

By Gee on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 03:20 am:

Oh, Moonit. You poor girl.

By J on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 11:56 am:

Twinkies are a bad thing,you can get away with murder if you eat them,and stay away from those snowballs too.It,s a bad thing.

By semillama on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 08:34 pm:

Twinkies caused Dan White to go insane and murder George Moscone and Harvey Milk, you know.

By Nate on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 10:28 am:

while this is the truth, ruth, it is no longer admissable as a legal defense.

By J on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 11:03 am:

But twinkies are still evil.

By cyst on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 12:51 pm:

that's great, j. you'll have a great time in costa rica.

By Lucy Phurre on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 02:20 pm:

Twinkies have a shelf life of something like 300 years. That is not food.
    They're not vegetarian either.
    I don't remember if it's lard or gelatin, that's in 'em though. The scary part is that they have some sort of animal remains in them and they still last as long as a goddamned microfilm card (which is designed to be archival).
    Shit like this is why embalmers are having to use less and less embalming fluid... we're already "well-preserved"
    (Leave me alone, Ratprick.)

By Lucy Phurre on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 02:21 pm:

By Agatha on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 03:18 pm:

that's hilarious. i never eat the things, myself.

By J on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 03:29 pm:

I,m sure those snowballs are just as toxic.

By Lucy Phurre on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 03:53 pm:

No shit. At least Twinkies aren't pink.

By heather on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 06:21 pm:

(i like snowballs)

By Patrick on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 06:26 pm:

all that crap is pretty nasty, with the exception of say king dons

By Rhiannon on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 06:33 pm:

ding dongs?

I like butterscotch krimpets, myself.

By Patrick on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 06:37 pm:

you know, now that i think of it, "King Dons" are probably the generic for "Ding Dongs"......HA!

I love the generic names the various chains come up with, what a job

By Lucy Phurre on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 07:43 pm:

I don't know. I kind of think prepackaged pastries are, as a rule, pretty gross.
    But I have this bizarre, shameful weakness for Pop Tarts.

By Moonit on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 09:37 pm:

Pop tarts yes we have those but Rhi and Patrick... no dingdongs no krimpits...

By Gee on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 12:10 am:

I don't think I've ever seen a ding dong. I don't know if we have them here.

Map Library Boy said I was crazy today. He made my day. I tried to take an atlas out of the map library and he said I couldn't (stupidness. you can take gigantic maps out, but not little atlas'.). I told him I wanted to file a complant and that he could keep his freaking map and I started laughing. So he said I was crazy.

I also accedently fondled another boy I work with for a few seconds and commented on how hard he was. I didn't realize how that would sound till he started laughing at me. I must say, this boy is Very touchable.

Okay. Back to twinkies.

By Pamela on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 12:28 am:

Gee, you've never seen a ding dong? Where have you been? I thought every girl has seen a ding dong at least once in their life...

Remember those twinkies with the strawberry filling in the middle of the cream center? I used to eat those when I was a kid...

I tried to eat a twinkie a few years ago and it tasted like crap. I spit it out, thank God. I couldn't believe that I actually ate those things before. Pure yuckiness!

What was this thread originally about? I forgot...

By J on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 01:06 am:

It was about how putrid twinkies were in the first place,snowballs are even worse,the only time you can eat pink is when you eat at the Y.

By Lucy Phurre on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 11:54 am:

Well, Pamela I think people outgrow Twinkies and such. I used to love those little pink marshmallow easter bunnies and yellow marshmallow chicks, and those things are vile. They taste totally synthetic... yuck.
    Kids don't seem to notice... they're brightly colored and have lots of sugar in them and that's good enough.
    *sigh*
    Things were so much simpler then.

By Rhiannon on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 12:28 pm:

I bought a package of white marshmallow ghosts this Halloween, identical in constitution to the easter chicks, just to relive the joy of getting such goodies as a child...yuck is right! One was too much. How did we ever enjoy them in our youths?

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 12:31 pm:

marshmallows are vile

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 12:32 pm:

now that i think of it, i have problems with a lot of sugar products like that, cotton candy, i eat choclate like once a year, marshmallows, those little orange peanut marshmallow things...YXGCKKWKW!!!!!!

By Lucy Phurre on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 12:36 pm:

Yep, Rhiannon, that's how I realized they were gross. I thought I'd try some out of nostalgia.

By Rhiannon on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 12:41 pm:

Nostalgia is dangerous. Last spring I thought I'd climb some trees for old times' sake, forgetting I'm no longer 4'9" and 70 lbs. Damn near killed myself.

By Lucy Phurre on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 01:04 pm:

Did you read Mark's thing on Kool Aid? (it's called an Open Letter to the Makers of Kool Aid)
    It's this really funny nostalgia gone wrong story. I'll find it on lunch and post the link, if you like.
    Oh, and I did the tree thing too, but then I used to climb trees in high school,(It was one of the few places I could read in peace), so it wasn't too hard.
    I nearly killed myself climbing a tree when I was 3 though. I really got up there, especially for a 3 year old. *Sprained* my neck. My parents were way freaked.

By heather on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 01:09 pm:

i was really upset when i found that i could no longer fall on my chest without unreasonable pain
    (this was a long time ago)
    like the boys could do those crazy full frontal slides in baseball

i also remember eating sugar all day (like at a picnic or something) without ill effects except for maybe hyperactivity. like candy and soda together. now the thought of it makes my teeth hurt

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 01:56 pm:

i feel very mortal now when ever i get on a skateboard, i think of some of the crazy shit i used to do, i am frightened

By Rhiannon on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 03:24 pm:

I'm just getting old. Over the past month I've developed arthritis in my right thumb. I thought I was too young for that, but clearly I'm not. Then my left knee is shot. Everytime I bend it it cracks really loud, which is kind of interesting when you're walking up a flight of stairs with a bunch of people who are trying to figure out what that sound is.

So the point is, when I try to play with my little cousins or with my best friend's little sisters, I'm a drag. I can't wrestle with them anymore because it hurts *me* too much.

By Rhiannon on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 03:30 pm:

Re: Mark's Kool Aid letter. When I first read that, I was in my school's computer lab and I nearly killed myself trying to keep my laughter inside. I thought it was hysterical!

Then I printed out a few copies and mailed them to friends and even my mother (this was before I became an electronic wizard)....NO ONE thought it was funny. Some people even said they didn't read the whole thing because they got bored. Hello?

By Lucy Phurre on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 06:17 pm:

Some people just don't get it.

By Antigone on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 06:35 pm:

Yep.

By Fetidbeaver on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 07:21 pm:

Where does one find this "Kool Aid Letter"?
    I would like to read it. Please & Thank You!

By Rhiannon on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 07:33 pm:

The kool-aid letter seems to be missing. But here is the infamous "Peter" story. It is equally entertaining.

By semillama on Sunday, December 5, 1999 - 08:18 pm:

2 words: Little Debbies

more words: Original Recipie Moon Pies - enoough calories to fuel a climb up K2.

i am trying to remember the point when twinkies started tasting foul istead of awesome, but I can't.

By Gee on Sunday, December 5, 1999 - 11:19 pm:

I still like Twinkies. What's wrong with you people??

By J on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 08:09 am:

Little Debbies...have you tried cakes and
    pies..Little Debbies...there a hit,they taste like
    shit,little Debbies.

By MapleLeaf on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 08:19 am:

there = they're :)

By J on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 10:02 am:

God,how I wish my spell check worked here,thank,s Maple:)

By mistaswine on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 02:55 pm:

whenever i see this thread it reminds me of that bowie/reznor song about being "afraid of americans".

why?

i don't know. it's not really even important.

i just thought i'd share.

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 03:35 pm:

I think Americans are viewed as dangerous and violent because of the gun issue and the muckers (people who go crazy and start gunning people down for no reason, for origin of term, see Stand On Zanzibar, by I wish I could remember who)
    Also b/c Americans tend to be pretty provincial, often in scary ways.
    And we're loud, which can be intimidating.

I've seen European tourists line up to take pictures of the armed cops in San Francisco b/c their cops don't have to be armed.

Now, you know I am going to buy a gun, even though I think gun control is a good thing... why?
    Because I have to live here and these psychos aren't giving up their guns... it's escalation, I guess, but what can you do?

I'm not entirely clear on this issue myself.

So what do I know?

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 03:42 pm:

i dunno, one of the most shocking things when i landed in paris was walking into the subway and seeing groups of army soldiers, one with a german shepard, and all of them brandishing AK-47s...but this was right after 3 bombs in 3 weeks had plagued the RER subways.......

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 03:48 pm:

If you don't want to get flamed, stop following me around. You consistently post right after me... and I'm not willing to believe it's an accident, you've more than used up any slack I would be willing to cut you on that count.

You remind me of a little kid sticking his finger 3" from somebody's eye and repeating "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you..." over and over and over again.

FUCK OFF

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 04:00 pm:

UMMM........lucy, I am really not trying to harass you, ....this is getting ridiculous....i am trying my best to have normal conversation, stop being so god damned paranoid and be nice....my posts that follow yours have nothing to do with YOU, and have everything to do with the subject at hand......i swear to god Lucy, stop being so fucking paranoid, can't you carry on a normal conversation, because thats all i am trying to do, if you wish to look into my posts for more meaning, go ahead, but don't expect to find any truth in the bullshit, such as your rant above .......god fucking damn. HOW LONG MUST I PUT UP WITH THIS SHIT FROM YOU...........how many NON_lucy related posts must i make for you to get the fucking clue that they have nothing to do WITH YOU personally??????? get a fuckin grip Lucy!

By Not Buying it Lucy on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 04:19 pm:

I'm not touching you
    I'm not touching you
    I'm not touching you

And give up the long rants, I don't read them.

By heather on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 06:31 pm:

lucy

patrick happens to post a lot

i personally don't think he is intentionally following you around

By semillama on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 07:38 pm:

and he actually had an interesting and valid counterpoint!

But I fall in the middle: when I was in Europe, someof the cops did not have guns, some had handguns, and some (the ones in teh airports and train stations) had submachine guns. At least the cops aren't carrying those around yet, tho god knows why, they're totally outgunned.

and agian, some kid shoots his class mates here for no erason at all - maybe some one pushed the big shiny self-destruct button painted red white and blue?

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 07:44 pm:

He gets NO credit.
    Every time I post, there he is, right on my heels.
    Besides the fact that you sheep never said shit to him when he started shit with me on other threads, so if it's okay when he does it WITHOUT provocation, I don't want to hear shit when I do it WITH provocation.

Anyway, there are a lot of Europeans in the Bay Area, and it's something I observed, and something that Europeans have told me about their impression of this country.

But I must be wrong.
    The mob says I'm ba-a-a-a-d.

And DON'T tell me I'm too defensive.... Of course I'm defensive, I have ample reason to be.

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 07:55 pm:

no one said you are wrong about the way americans are perceived by europeans...Lucy, we just added other points to the conversation....i see japanese and chinese tourists getting their picture taken with the LAPD all the time, in fact LAPD now carry m-16's in the truck of their cars, or at least patrol sergeants do anyway...

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 08:11 pm:

What part of "Leave me alone" don't you understand?
    That's all I'll say, so you can't whine about being unfairly flamed.

By BK on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 08:46 pm:

Lucy;

I'm coming to get you....

Get A F$^#%ng Grip!!!!!!

You give chicks a bad name

By Big Kevin. on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 09:00 pm:

Wow.

I have been away for a couple weeks and this was the first thing I looked at since coming back, after looking at a few other threads I wish I could undo what I posted.

My appologies for all, I will stay out of this one completely.

By Moonit on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 03:20 pm:

*rolling eyes*

When I went to Bali I couldnt believe the airport security guards had guns. Big guns. It was scary. Especially as Kiwi cops dont carry guns.

By semillama on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 08:40 pm:

I hope you kiwis realize how nice you have it. We all envy you endlessly.

I hope no one takes kiwis the wrong way. If you do, I'm talking to the flightless hairy birds.

By Moonit on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 10:54 pm:

*hehe* They're not hairy... its feathers!

By Moonit on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 10:56 pm:

I forgot to mention that I've tried chicks and peeps... a friend (?) sent them to me.

yuck was a word that sprung to mind.

By Gee on Wednesday, December 8, 1999 - 12:32 am:

Are chicks and peeps those marshmallow things someone was talking about?

I watched a really cute show on TV today about these two couples who had to decorate a room in each other's house. One couple decorated the other's kitched, and they decorated the first couple's baby's room (did everyone follow that?).

The baby's room came out looking so PRETTY. Pink and frilly and lacy and really cute. I could just picture a little curly haired girl running around in there. The bed looked like a playhouse. I was really jealous.

On the wall there was a square painted to look like a blackboard, and they said you could actually write on it. Does anyone know what that's called? (I assume they mean you can write on it with chalk and wipe it away)

By agatha on Wednesday, December 8, 1999 - 03:07 am:

it's chalkboard spraypaint. you can buy it at the hardware store. i used to have that on one of the walls in my room. you have to use two or three coats to make it work really well.

By semillama on Wednesday, December 8, 1999 - 08:25 pm:

I know it's feathers. but you know what i meant by using hairy instead.

now the tune on cmj is Methods of Mayhem - they stole the riff and drums from White Zombie, and Kittie definitely kicks their ass.

By agatha on Wednesday, December 8, 1999 - 09:19 pm:

i'm really mad about that band, because i was going to name my band mothers of mayhem, for which the acronym is MOM, and they fucking stole it. fuck tommy lee, the wife kicking son of a bitch.

By Nate on Wednesday, December 8, 1999 - 10:21 pm:

ok, i'm pretty sure i need some muscle relaxers.

By Pamela on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 12:24 am:

No, Nate, you need a Canadian, remember?

By Nate on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 10:44 am:

i already got a canadian. an angel! (identities shall remain hidden to protect the guilty.)

By J on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 03:35 pm:

Whatever happened to your vietnamese # ?

By Nate on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 03:50 pm:

didn't work out.

i didn't need the canadian for that, either.

my current was my current for a long time. back and forth, in and out, the whole 9 yards.

yes, patrick, NINE YARDS.

By Patrick on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 05:55 pm:

GOD DAMN!

how did your ally mcbeal fiasco work out?

By Nate on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 06:03 pm:

eh?

By Patrick on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 06:38 pm:

a while ago you mentioned that you were having trouble cause your girl didn't understand why mondays were reserved for down time and ally mcbeal/70s show.......you were saying she didn't understand why you didn't want to talk on the phone during that time blah blah blah blah....remember?

WELLLL....????????

did you get your lowrider over that speed bump?

By Nate on Monday, December 20, 1999 - 10:56 am:

oh yeah. i shut off the cable.

now she's fucked for party of five when she moves in.

brain rot. all of it.

By Patrick on Monday, December 20, 1999 - 11:59 am:

i see, disreagrd the mention in the other post

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact