remember

sorabji.com: What have you failed to do?: remember
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By pez on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 06:16 pm:

it says the pentagon is the headquarters of the department of defense.

but doesn't it also house either the fbi or cia? which one?

By pez on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 06:19 pm:

Pentagon, The, the five-sided headquarters building of the United States Department of Defense, in Arlington, Virginia, across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C. It covers an area of 11.74 hectares (29 acres) and is one of the largest office buildings in the world. It consists of five concentric pentagons around a center courtyard. The Pentagon was designed by the American architect George Edwin Bergstrom and was built by U.S. Army engineers from 1941 to 1943. It was built to bring all of the offices of what was then the Department of War together in one building. The Pentagon now contains the offices for the departments of the Army, Navy, and Air Force, and for the Office of the Secretary of Defense. It employs about 23,000 workers, who are almost equally divided between military personnel and civilians. It also houses a shopping center, a large food-service area, bus and taxi terminals, and a heliport. The name Pentagon is also popularly applied to the Department of Defense itself.

"Pentagon, The," Microsoft® Encarta® Encyclopedia 2000. © 1993-1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

maybe it's the cia.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 06:22 pm:

it would be insane to put all our eggs in one basket

By pez on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 06:32 pm:

very true, but it is the largest military office in the united states.

i was thinking that if it housed the fbi, the attack might've been internal.

By BB on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 06:33 pm:

the cia is not in the pentagon.

By BB on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 06:34 pm:

neither is the fbi.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 06:52 pm:

fbi is not military. It is part of the executive branch. cia is also part of the executive branch. I suppose the military is too, but there is a difference between the military and the fbi and cia they all have different jurisdictions.

I wish markus would come around. he was really keen on this kind of shit.

i doubt this was internal.

By Trace on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 07:13 pm:

NSA

But it was not internal.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 09:35 pm:

I thought the NSA was located in Maryland NE of the city. I pass signs for it on 295 on the way to Baltimore.

By Platypus on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 09:48 pm:

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 09:50 pm:

"Our headquarters is midway between Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC, in a prime East Coast area that offers a wealth of cultural amenities and lifestyle advantages."

Yep.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact