Um, hello?

sorabji.com: What have you failed to do?: Um, hello?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 03:35 pm:

Where the hell is everybody? Why has it been so quiet here lately? Where is the love?

By drpy on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 03:55 pm:

¿Dónde está el amor?

¡aquí!

By Spider on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 04:07 pm:

Sei un ragazzo così bravo, droopino. Mi senterò la tua mancanza.

Babelfish is an idiot. I'm right.

By Nate on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 04:26 pm:

i had a beer and a burger for lunch.

i'm going to go stand on the back porch and feed the trout.

working from home kicks ass.

By patrick on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 04:38 pm:

i just got my haircut by a nice girl who had a cute-as-pie feminine 'pooch'. her name was sarah and used to cut hair at the Seattle Rudy's and relocated here.

My hair is a bit boyish now with the back being short and my bangs being all the way down to my chin but it should balance out in a week.

my hair grows like a weed.

By drpy on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 04:52 pm:

when i tried to translate your message at babel fish, it stopped translating at the first diacritcal mark. when i took out the diacritical marks, the translation made no sense.

tonight i'm going on my monthly liquor supply run. this time i'm definitely getting bourbon. a friend of mine planted lemon mint in her garden a few months ago, and before you could say "refreshing" it had performed a minty nazi takeover of that section of her garden, choking out a patch of lilies or something. so we decided that one good way to control it would be to drink lots of mint juleps.

By patrick on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 05:00 pm:

at a bbq recently nico had this recipe for this drink...whose name escapes me but it had rum, sugar, lemon, maybe some club soda and lots lots of mint. it kinda drove me up the wall as it was gettin in me choppers and all but we made a whole vat of it and got the whole party tanked

By Nate on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 05:16 pm:

"My hair is a bit boyish now with the back being short and my bangs being all the way down to my chin but it should balance out in a week."

like a mullet on backwards?

By patrick on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 05:39 pm:

i suppose you could look at it that way if you want

but to me its a skater doo

By Nate on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 05:53 pm:

you should get a caterpillar hat to wear.. forwards.

do you have extra teeth?

we'll call you a redthroat.

By patrick on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 05:55 pm:

caterpillar hat?

extra teeth? well i still have my wisdom teeth if that counts.

id prefer to be called floyd

By Nate on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 05:58 pm:

god bless this great nation.

By Spider on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 07:55 pm:

Be a good man and take care of yourself.

That goes for all of you.

By moonit on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 09:55 am:

I think cause its summer for you guys you're all busy. I feel lonely. *snifff*

By dave. on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 11:35 am:

not busy. just blah.

By bongo on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 11:40 am:

viva mojitos!

By Nate on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 01:13 pm:

mojitos are made with lime.

funny, heather was just talking about mojitos. maybe that's a sign.

a sign of mojitos.

a'comin.

By agatha on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 01:47 pm:

mojitos are awesome.
    i've been busy, as well as blah.

By sarah on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 06:35 pm:

what are mojitos?

By sarah on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 06:36 pm:

i've been working really hard these days. lots of summer projects to get through before the kids come back to school in late august. friday i got a thank you card from a man who is a science curriculum developer in the buiding where i work. it read:

"Just wanted you to that I _greatly_ appreciate all of your wonderful support and service since you've been with the district. You are doing a great job on the web site!! Thanks for your help and expertise."

can you believe that? i was completely stunned. i'm telling you... i work in some sort of fantasy land. it doesn't get much better than this.

friday night i got really drunk. it was kevin's 33rd birthday and his housemate had a party for him and i was invited. they rented a frozen margarita machine, from which i dispensed several plastic cups full of nectar. there was white coconut birthday cake with some crazyass buttercream filling, which i'm going to have to learn to make now. some people showed up who also drank a lot and we all made a collaborative art project on an old, mostly blank canvas which i had shipped from hawaii last year. i intended to finish it but didn't, so the canvas got tucked away in their utility room. it turned out pretty good, despite it being sprayed with some sort of chemical and lit on fire.

saturday i got up early, rode my bike downtown, and took my first of eight rowing (sculling) classes on Town Lake, which rocked. while we were on the dock practicing getting in and out of the various boats (1 man, 2 man, 4 man, 8 man), i saw an outrigger canoe gliding up the opposite side of the lake. i stood there with my mouth agape. i noted there were five women paddling. outriggers are designed for six paddlers. the fifth position was open on their boat; i used to paddle first and fifth positions. so yeah. rowing first, maybe back to outrigger paddling next...

today i got up and went to yoga. there is no pain, no sorrow, no wanting during yoga. there is just breathing and stretching and balancing and ahhhhh. then i came home and hula hooped for an hour. now i'm going to make my dad something for father's day.

oh, and i got my hair cut as well - about 3 inches off. it's quite short now, shorter than it's been since.... since maybe never. it's getting hotter here and i don't want to have to fuss with it.

By bongo on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 08:06 pm:

By bongo on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 08:10 pm:

By patrick on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:06 pm:

THATS IT mojitos. yes lime was in there too.

but but but the damn mint gets in your teeth.

we almost made them again this weekend as we had a big bbq at angry sams to kick off the summer (it feels appropriate since its starting to warm up here), watch the stanley cup. we didnt make mojitos though. i drank "molly be damned"s. Another drink we coined a term for because we know of no other. Although I learned they are sometimes called Molly Ringwald's. Vodka tonic with a splash of cranberry, giving it a pink look and mild taste. cranberry is such a potent juice its too much straight.

"Be a good man and take care of yourself."

where did this come from spider? wtf?

By Dougie on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:13 pm:

Ick, me no like mojitos. I thought a vodka & cranberry was a capecodder?

By Spider on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:15 pm:

My beloved Droopy is gone.

By Nate on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:29 pm:

goddamnit.

By patrick on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:37 pm:

note dougie, i didnt say vodka cranberry. i said vodka tonic and a SPLASH of cranberry. theres a very big difference.

By Nate on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 01:07 pm:

yeah. the former is a cape cod.

i just learned that most cranberries come from cape cod.

all cranberries?

a lot of 'em.

anyway.

makes sense.

By patrick on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 01:19 pm:

cranberry juice is such a potent juice you gotta cut it with something.

By Dougie on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 01:29 pm:

Oh, I see. Sounds good. Well does a VT and Cranberry have a name yet? If not, we should name it.

Yes, most cranberries are from cape cod, although I believe some northern midwest states like Michigan & Minnesota are starting to grow them.

A cranberry bog with ripe berries is one of the prettiest things you'll ever see.

By patrick on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 01:43 pm:

thats what i was saying. dang dougie pay attention. we named it "molly be damned". i learned this weekend its has been called by a bartender "molly ringwald" which is coincidental since we (sam, nico and I) named it Molly Be Damned.

By Dougie on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 01:55 pm:

Oh yeah, sorry -- I'm a skimmer, not a reader. Molly Be Damned's not bad. Either that, or a "Chappaquidick Skidder".

By semillama on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 03:46 pm:

Many cranberries come from Wisconsin,
    which has cultivated them for commercial
    markets since the early 20th century.

By Ophelia on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 06:03 pm:

i visited cranberry farms on cape cod, where the veryfine people make their juice. very exciting. i like cranberry juice, very tangy.

By wisper on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 08:20 pm:

I've been busy not getting an internet connection hooked up to where i've just moved, that's what i've been up to. I'm at the goddamn public library right now, for fucks sake. There's 2 nine year olds flanking me on either side of the comp terminals. You know what happens when you change your daily goings-on so that you're never in the general public during daylight hours? Until recently i hadn't seen anyone under age 19 for 5 months or so. It was SO sweet. Doing my food shopping at 3am spoiled me, going to the grocery store now is this big huge scary as hell ordeal, the screaming drooling bastards. Where the hell did all these people come from?! What are they doing in MY grocery store?!

And for about 2 days i was able to go to bars again, until the World Cup started. Before that it was hockey which i'm SO GLAD TORONTO LOST!!!! WOOO-HOOO!!! No more hosers with little plastic flagpoles that attatch to their windows flying the old blue n' white, FUCK you, beer boy, spend some time with your wife. No more late-night honking cars. I won't be able to go back to a bar for a month now, is that the deal?
    Can't there just be one week, ONE week out of the entire year where some sport is not going on? Just one? Can we organize this?

please?

i'm okay. I hope you are too.

By Spider on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 11:36 am:

I'd be okay if you people would do a better job at distracting me from my work.

Tedious work + imminent deadline = hell for Spider

By patrick on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:10 pm:

the best thing wisper is to have a wife who digs hockey as much as you.

her team won the Stanely Cup last night. Im glad.

Otherwise its the same shit here with the lakers and those plastic window flag things.

By heather on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:22 pm:

no no no

'my' team won

and sarah's and sem's

By patrick on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:27 pm:

well ok, shes not from Detroit and to my knowledge never been there, but you can share.

actually i was a bit sad to see them win only because Scotty Bowman is going to retire. He's probably the greatest, definitely the most winningest coach ever. Also Hasik may retire and he's so much fun to watch play.

By sarah on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 12:55 am:

yesterday i ate a gourmet chocolate peanut butter cup that was a gift from a friend. it was nearly the size of hockey puck.

i also baked oatmeal butterscotch coconut cookies.

By Ophelia on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 02:53 pm:

i baked a yummy apple spice cake with my friend the other day. i've been trying new recipies and also starting various sewing projects. Strange, but i seem to become rather domestic when i have no other work to do.

By sarah on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 11:02 pm:

i've been making hula hoops. you can get 100 feet of flexible pvc tubing for about $15, a pvc cutter for about $12, and several rolls of different colored electrical tape for about $3 per roll. oh, and the tube connectors are $0.49 each.

with one supply of pvc tubing i can make about 8 various sized hula hoops. it's fun.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 11:43 am:

sell em for $5 and you gots yourself a moneymaker. then all the kids in Austin...as you drive down the street will be doing nothing but hula hoops. The fad will die in three months, then you can move on to a line of hipity hops.

By Czarina on Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 04:32 am:

It'll be tricky getting a patent.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact