Disuade my 3 year old to put a key in an electic socket.

sorabji.com: What have you failed to do?: Disuade my 3 year old to put a key in an electic socket.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 02:55 pm:

OK,
    This is on the spaking subject.
    Micki, as most of you know, was the product of multiple attempts to get pregnant that resulted in many miscarries.
    You would not believe what we went through to keep her in Eri's womb.
    She was not inclined to stay there very long either. She was born 11 weeks early and weighed 1 lb 12 oz's at birth.
    You know what got her through all of her complications? Attitude. Some would call it Spirit. Some would call it Spark. Some would call it "brass Balls"....

I call it attitude. You cannot deny it. From the moment she was born, the nurses in the NICU (newborn intesive care unit), said she had a lot of attitude. She shook the walls of her incubator with her screams of anger about what ever was upsetting her at the moment.
    When she was six months old, she would be in her "excirsaucer" and she would go all stiff, clench her littles hands in a fist and just yell at you for no reason what so ever.
    I took her beginings into consideration, and could never really bring myself to giving her any kind of "physical warning" IE light smack on the top of the hand for touching a "no-no" after being verbally warned repeatedly. It was simply removed from reach. When she got into something and made a mess, we simply said "no-no micki, that is (dangerous, icky, dirty, owee, etc).
    She had/s (hoping it has passed) an infatuation with metal keys, as most toddlers her age do. We warned her that she was not to be playing with them, we took them from her numerous times, but not once did we smack her hand after millions of warnings, we just removed the oppertunity from her.
    She had a thing for sticking these keys into the head set jack on our reciever. The receiver by the way is covered with crayon as a result of Micki's "artistic expression". Did we ever once smack her? Now, we simply told our eldest that she needed to keep her crayons and her keys out of her sister's reach. Well, one day I was at work and Eri was at home doing half a billion things at once, and Micki managed to find Hayleys keys again. this time instead of trying to stick them into the headphone jack, she found a wall outlet and inserted the keys.
    The shock through her back some 10-15 feet and killed all the wires on that wall.
    The fire department and ems came out, they took Micki to the ER and checked her out. She is just fine.
    Of course, there has been a plethora of people syaing "why did you not have covers on your outlets?"

Well, that is a good question. Eri went out the very next morning and has installed them. She and I and the plethora questioners are now at peace.

My question is this. Do you think Micki cannot take these plastic covers off? Of course she can.
    Do you think that every where she is going to go, there are going to be covers on the outlets? Most likely not. Do you think she will never have the chance again to stick keys in an electrical socket? Of course she will.

Is there any hope in this situation? Of course there is, she got what we like to call a Hurtz Donnit. Practical experience may be the best detterent. After all, there is no way to cover every electric outlet in the world.

And maybe a light smack on the hand when she first started doing this would have taught her not to stick keys in holes in walls, and would have prevented the much more painful electric shock she received.

A three year old will not reason, but they do understand immediate consequences for actions.

And I for one would prefer a smack on the hand or butt as opposed to an electric shock or a bus that runs her over when she is running from me when I tell her to stop.

By patrick on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 03:09 pm:

"And maybe a light smack on the hand when she first started doing this would have taught her not to stick keys in holes in walls, and would have prevented the much more painful electric shock she received."

probably not.

By spunky on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 03:13 pm:

Back up that reply, please.

By patrick on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 03:45 pm:

i can't.

i have my own experience and my opinion. thats it.
    Im not going to pretend i have child psychology info at hand.

my opinion that the apparent limited efficacy of corporal punishment is not worth the potential adversity.

really trace, this is a personal decision to be made with you guys. have you seen evidence that spanking works?

By J on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 04:01 pm:

Sometimes and you'll find this out soon enough Parick you should smack there hands when they are small,better a smacked hand than a burnt one for playing with the stove.

By J on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 04:02 pm:

Oops Patrick.

By spunky on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 04:03 pm:

Take Hayley for example.
    We have, on rare ocassion, used the spank as a last ditch effort.

We would have her clean her room. Sometimes as a routine thing that needs to be done once a week, and sometimes as a punishment for failing to do something else, or doing something she knows she is not to do.
    When it is used as a punishment in particular, she will not clean. I catch her setting on her bed reading, playing on the floor with her barbie, or just dancing around the room to either the radio or imaginary music.
    So, we would tell her "no tv until the room is done", or "if you do not hurry up, we will not be able to go swimming, which would punish all of us because you are not getting your room done", or "we will start taking away toys so you won't have so much to clean up"...
    Did that help? No.
    She even voluntarily brought us toys to throw away, or she would want Erin to cut her hair off so she did not have to brush it, etc etc etc.

So, I give up, give her a smack on the butt, and the room is done **gasp** in 10 minutes, after 4 hours of threats and crying and groundings and so on and so forth.
    Next time, I make a move like I am getting ready to smack her on the butt, and she is done in 15 minutes instead of ten.
    Then all I have to do is say Hayley, you want a spank? then it might take 20 minutes.
    Better then the four hours of hollering and crying and threats and taking things away and so on.

Oh, and the first time I saw her try the key in the headphone jack thing, I smacked her hand. Guess what? She has never tried it again.

By The Dinner Lady on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 04:31 pm:

I think too the key here is not going to the spank right off. Else it doesn't have the impact of 'OK, we're pulling out the big guns now'. This is like people who do the counting off thing "You better come over here now Mister by the count of 3. One.... Two..... " I mean these Mommies never get to 3.

I was watching a show when I was in the UK, a call in program about a 'child smacking case'. Apparently a babysitter 'smacked' a kid in their care when they were naughty then the parents came home and were furious because they don't ever smack (to me the UK definition of 'smack' is yet to be fully fleshed out here). Anyway, the topic was 'do you think it was OK for the babysitter to smack the child and every caller was like 'oh yes, spare the rod spoil the child'. It was really notable because I can't imagine a bunch of people going on a national call-in show in the US saying 'Yes! Hit the kid!'.

By patrick on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 04:48 pm:

smacking a childs hand which is in eminent or near eminent danger is different than conditioning your kids to believe that everytime they fuck up, they can expect the belt, spank, switch, paddle, whatever.

if my childs hand was heading for a hot stove id smack it away as well. Probably scream and holler and everything else.

But see, spanking to me, as a child was a deliberate response...."im going to get my belt". Sometimes it was spontaneous, but for the most part, i knew when it was coming and the wait was the torture.

id like to hear from dave and agatha what has worked and not worked with them.

By TBone on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 05:13 pm:

Using chores as punishment early in life seems like a bad idea. Common chores, anyway. If you have certain chores that are ONLY for punishment, that's probably different. But cleaning the room as a punishment means that cleaning the room will become a punishment every time.

I'd like to hear from dave and agatha as well.

By kazoointoit on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 05:29 pm:

I'd like to hear from dave and agatha.

I'm still not having kids

By Dougie on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 05:30 pm:

Holy shit. My dad used to have one of those paddles they give out for fraternities, and he never failed to find an opportunity to use it on us. The worst was my mother's, "Wait til your father gets home." The anticipation was usually worse than the reality of the spank, but that fricking paddle carried a bite. One funny thing though, when my brother was about 6 or 7, he got the "wait til your father gets home" routine (we always had to wait it out in our bedrooms). So when my dad got home, he called my brother down in his angry booming baritone, and my bro comes down wearing like 10 pairs of underwear. My dad was laughing so hard that he just sent him back to his room without dinner. My mom was pissed off at my dad because she wanted her pound of flesh. Thus endeth the story.

By kazoointoit on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 05:33 pm:

Dougie, you crack me up.

Sem made his brother put on that much
    underwear once, all over himself, and for no
    good reasons.

By semillama on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 05:36 pm:

I did too have a good reason.

I was helping him design a costume for his
    super hero identity, "Underwear Man."

By kazoointoit on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 06:02 pm:

This also cracked me up:

"She even voluntarily brought us toys to throw
    away"

I realize the context, but from my not-a-mommy
    perspective, that is damn cute.

By dave. on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 06:57 pm:

this is gonna make some of you chuckle, considering the source. there are certain times when you need your kid to do what they're told right at that moment. they all go through phases where, whether because of too much sugar or their emulating the behavior of a precocious friend or any number of reasons, they simply will not cooperate. when yelling, pleading and bribery will not work and you simply do not have the time to try to outwit them, a smack on the ass will cut through all that bullshit. you don't just haul off and smack them. you set it up and let them know that they are in control of whether or not they get spanked. tell them that they can cooperate without a spanking or they can get a spanking but either way, they will cooperate. strongly suggest that they skip the spanking part but, of course they won't and then you follow through and smack 'em. once. what it does is it sort of shocks them back into reality. it's magic!

with cleo, she went through a phase where she wouldn't let us put clothes on her without throwing a hissyfit. she would turn purple and kick and thrash and the tears would literally squirt out of her eyes just like in the cartoons. putting clothes on is not an unreasonable request. in fact, it's a requirement that children be clothed when they go to preschool or daycare or anywhere outside. it took a spanking to cure her of that and the threat of spanking to curb many other potential hissyfits. i think i only spanked twice. maybe 3 times and every time, i made it her choice and we discussed afterward that it would have been much better for everyone if she just cooperated in the first place. whatever, i'm just glad that it worked as well as it did because i honestly don't know where to escalate after that. i also think that, if you have to do it, do it before about 4 or 5 years old. i think after a certain point, it becomes counter-productive.

kids need to know that there are consequences, that parents are indeed the boss of them, and that, if only for safety reasons, immediate obedience is required. when they're running into traffic, there ain't no time for a discussion.

patrick, you'll see.

By patrick on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 07:16 pm:

maybe.

i was reading that children need to be reminded that they are not in a democracy, but rather a benign dictatorship.

By Dougie on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 07:32 pm:

Thanks kazoo. Glad to hear it. Enjoy it while it lasts though -- you'll soon tire of me like everyone else has. Can't say I blame 'em.

Jesus Christ, I played hooky today and I've spent the whole day up in the attic fixing the 2 half moon windows up there. They're in really sad shape. Must've been a 110 degrees up there. I was hallucinating that I was Jody looking out at everybody with my little red pig eyes. 110 degrees and rotting wood and power tools. Nothing like it.

Singin' one more job ought to get it
    One last shot 'fore we quit it
    One more for the road!

By agatha on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 07:56 pm:

i think i've spanked cleo twice, and both times it was in the heat of anger or panic and i regretted it immediately. one of the times was when she ran out into the middle of a busy road and nearly got smeared all over the pavement. the other time was when she was being hysterical and had been horrible all day, and i spanked her and then removed myself from the room for about ten minutes until i could calm down. i think she was two or three, both times.

i'm not a big fan of spanking, i don't think it works and i have horrible memories of the maybe three or four times i was spanked in my life.

note to trace:
    do you really think your child is going to put keys in the socket ever again? my bet is no, she isn't. sometimes, a child needs to experience something for themselves to figure out why they aren't supposed to do it, as was the case with cleo running in the road. of course, this isn't a recommended path to take, but i'm betting you won't have to deal with that issue again.

By dave. on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 08:34 pm:

fuck, dougie. i've had that song in my head for a few days now. don't know where it came from.

is that boz scaggs?

By spunky on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 09:04 pm:

"note to trace:
    do you really think your child is going to put keys in the socket ever again? my bet is no, she isn't. sometimes, a child needs to experience something for themselves to figure out why they aren't supposed to do it, as was the case with cleo running in the road. of course, this isn't a recommended path to take, but i'm betting you won't have to deal with that issue again."

I would have preferred that she would have got a smack on the hand to deter her from this than have had this happen.

By eri on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 09:22 pm:

"note to trace:
    do you really think your child is going to put keys in the socket ever again? my bet is no, she isn't. sometimes, a child needs to experience something for themselves to figure out why they aren't supposed to do it, as was the case with cleo running in the road. of course, this isn't a recommended path to take, but i'm betting you won't have to deal with that issue again."

This cracks me up and shows that none of you understand this child of ours. Don't get me wrong, I love Micki to death and am glad that I went through what I did to have her, but she is a fearless thing. After we went through this, we talked to her about it (doing the reasoning so many of you favor) and discussed how this happened and how to prevent it. Do you want to know what she said......she told us that it hurt, but she would do it again. She did NOT learn from this experience.

"She even voluntarily brought us toys to throw
    away"

I do have to admit in retrospect it is funny, but still infuriating, because she would give us her expensive computers to throw in the trash, just so she wouldn't have to put it away, even though she spent just as much energy bringing it to me to throw away as it would have taken to put it up.

From a non parent perspective, I find all of this humorous, like I do with other people's kids, but it can be frustrating when it is your own child.

One thing I live by.....I NEVER EVER react out of anger or any other raw emotion when disciplining a child. NEVER. If I feel angry or upset, then I will send the child to their room so that they can think about what they have done while I cool off. Spanking is not a regular form of discipline in our home, but a last ditch effort, when other "conventional" forms of discipline have failed.

When they say that every child is different, and that discipline and education for each of these children is different, the "experts" weren't joking. Sometimes I think that the girls are polar opposites. I have a drama queen and a daredevil. One who cries at the drop of a hat because she is so sensitive, and one who would tell you to fuck off and laugh in your face if you said anything to her.

And people wonder why I drink.

By Nate on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 11:18 pm:

duct-tape, folks. duct-tape.

By Platypus on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 11:58 pm:

Agatha, I agree with the "do it once, you learn," idea. Sometimes kids need to actually experience something in order to get why everyone says no.

That's the story behind my first word.

We lived in a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere with a huge old woodstove, which I always wanted to touch.
    "No, honey, hot," my mother would say.
    And then I would wander back and try again...and she would say it again...and I would...and so on.
    So, finally, my dad says to my mom
    "Just let her do it."
    So they did, and I went over and touched the woodstove, and I said:
    "hot."
    And that was the end of that. I never touched the stove again.

Although I think I like Nate's idea better.

By Dougie on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 08:26 am:

Yeah, dave. Boz Scaggs Lido Shuffle. Whatever happened to him?

By dave. on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 09:52 am:

By Dougie on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 11:37 am:

That's not such a bad song to have lodged in your brain, dave. Could be worse -- I had the ice cream truck song going around in my head for the longest time after we moved in to the new house. (No, it's not Helter Skelter).

By Dougie on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 11:38 am:

Hmm, looks like Boz has had a career lo these many years.

By kazoointoit on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 12:08 pm:

Eri,

Did you just say that micki TOLD you she
    would do it again?

I'm finding this all absolutely hilarious and I
    am in NO WAY making light of the shock or
    anything else she's gotten herself into. (Did I
    read on here somewhere that she burnt her
    little scalp dying her hair?). I just love stories
    about kids and even with my little brothers and
    cousins, the scariest stories make for some
    good laughs later on.

And why does Hayley have metal keys? I don't
    recall having keys when I was eight though I
    wouldn't be surprised if my dad had given me
    some old ones so I could put them in my lil'
    purse.

Again, this is not a criticism, but I'm curious
    and like talking about kids. Maybe she drives a
    camaro?

By spunky on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 12:46 pm:

She wishes. But it would have to be pink, with Barbie's name all over it. Eri's folks (santa) got her a red Power Wheels Jeep one year, and the first thing she did when she saw it was cry and say she wanted a "Pink Barbie Jeep". I think she was 6 (?) then......
    She was begging me for keys for some reason, and I had some old ones, so I got her a little heart-shaped key ring and put them on it for her.

By kazoointoit on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 01:20 pm:

That is adorable.

I'm not so excited to be a mom, but I love kids.
    I get really excited to see my little cousins
    when I come home for vacations and holidays.

Micki sounds like a tough one. My cousin
    Michaela who is 9 is something of a diva. She
    actually looks exactly like the little girl in Signs.
    Anyway, she broke and did quite a number on
    her arm recently. Apparently, she was quite a
    trooper, calm and such. Later, my stepfather
    asked her how she was and she smiled and
    said, "I liked the medicine they gave me at the
    hospital."

It was morphine. Bah...kids these days.

By semillama on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 01:22 pm:

Maybe she doesn't want to feel different from
    the latch-key kids at school. I'm sure they are
    the majority nowadays. Not that there is
    anything wrong with that to a point.

By kazoointoit on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 01:30 pm:

I was a latch-key, but not until I was about 12
    or 13. Of course, I had to be old enough to
    watch my brothers.

I just think she wanted to play pretend grown
    up. Does she have a purse to put them in? I
    had all kinds of crap. Yesterday, I gave my
    cousins all of my old plastic cards from
    grocery and video stores I will never see
    again. They were so excited

By Spider on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 01:46 pm:

Hey, I have a cousin Michaela, too. Only she's 18 and has always been a good kid.

Carry on!

By spunky on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 02:40 pm:

The car key that was insterted into the wall socket melted in Micki's hand.
    I have since hid them for a keepsake or a visual aid for Micki to use on her kids when she gets older. "this is what I did when I put keys in the electric socket"....
    Hayley did not keep them in a purse, she left them on the floor, despite repeated warnings that her sister was trying to stick them where they do not belong, and that Hayley needed to put them in a drawer in her dresser or somewhere her sister could not reach....
    Same with her crayons. That is why my computer desk and our speakers and our stereo receiver and our walls and our TV Screen has crayon all over them.
    Again, failure to react on my part to remove the keys from Hayley for safety's sake

By spunky on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 02:51 pm:

The general guidelines we follow for spankings, or swats at home are as follows:
    1. Last resort (big guns)
    2. Never, ever in a public place; it only furthers thier cause for attention, and provides a better "pity me" platform
    3. Reduced need for this type of correction as child ages, new "oppertunities" for restrictions/groundings will present themselves as she gets more "stuff" or "priveledges".

By Spider on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 03:34 pm:

Regarding #2 -- I think a bigger concern should be that hitting your kids in public is one of the most humiliating, degrading things you can do to them. Don't EVER hit a child in public.

By spunky on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 03:44 pm:

I have seen many a child "MOMMY, I WANT CANDY!!!"
    that I would not have minded smacking right there in front of everyone

By Spider on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 04:21 pm:

If that were my kid, I'd take them to the car, drive them home, and return to the store alone when I could.

Hey, kids find all kinds of flimsy reasons to hate their parents...no need to give them real ones.

By eri on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 05:32 pm:

Spider, that is typically what I do. If my child is acting up in a public place, I simply remove them from that place and go home.

Spanking is only a last ditch effort in our house and not commonly practiced at all.

Yes, Kazoointoit, she actually did say that she would do it again. Flat out. But this morning she told me that she wasn't going to "try to kill herself by electrocution" again....out of the mouth of a THREE year old kid.

She wasn't saying she was trying to commit suicide, it wasn't like that, she was just trying to sound adult. It was hillarious and weird all at the same time.

Your cousin sounds a lot like our little one. It might be interesting to see if our Mikayla follows in similar footsteps....

The hair dye...she didn't hurt herself, but it was red hair dye and her scalp looked like it was bleeding even thought it wasn't. The sun has finally faded all of it out, and her hair is back to it's normal color with lots of highlights from the sun.

By kazoointoit on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 07:02 pm:

Eri,

Our Micheala is actually six. I realized that
    today on my way out of Target. Anyway, YOUR
    Micki, Not only does she sound tough, she
    seems pretty smart. I know what you mean
    though about trying to sound adult. My cousin
    Meredith hated my uncle Bobby because he
    gave her a raspberry on her cheek and scared
    the poop out of her. She was rather outspoken
    about her disdain for him and told me once
    when she was about three or four, "I hate that
    man, I think he should be dead." Yeah, it was
    wierd, but I don't think she realized what being
    *dead* actually entailed but somehow knew
    that would me he wouldn't come around for a
    raspberry ever again.

Or maybe it's a sign of a serious problem in
    her development. I highly doubt it though,
    aside from a few anxiety issues...she's friendly
    and sensitive and kind to all living creatures
    who are not uncle Bobby.

By eri on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 07:46 pm:

That's the case with Micki...it sounds like it could be some emotional problem or something, but that is not what she meant by it. She is normally very nice and sweet, but damn can she be a fireball just waiting to explode all over the place. I just think it is funny that your Michaela sounds so much like our Mikayla.

I had a meeting with the gifted teacher at Hayley's school last year. We were looking into aspects of personality and how it relates to a childs way of learning and things like that. At two years old she just looked at me and told me that Micki is a genius, and she can't wait until she is in school, because she is already showing every personality aspect of it and advanced education, and speech patterns. I am not saying this to brag, but just to point out that I really will have my hands full with this one.

By semillama on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 01:04 pm:

Yeah, in a way it almost sounds like a double
    edged sword.

Not only do you have to raise a child, but the
    chances of the child being able to outwit you
    are greater. Maybe she will turn out like
    Encyclopedia Brown and just solve crimes.
    You can always hope.

By eri on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 09:24 am:

Hayley is going to be our Encyclopedia Brown. She is such a little spy it drives me nuts.

Micki is really into "rock and roll" and dancing and singing and putting on a show, so I think the best way to help put all of her "crazy energy" so to speak is to put her in dance classes and encourage this side of her. Let her perform, and get the energy out on a stage or in a class. Maybe I will be able to put her in something soon. I am looking for a way for her to focus this energy and attitude.

Well, I am off for a job interview. Talk at y'all later! heheheheheheheheheheh

By Devyn on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 12:39 pm:

Well, I have a three year old sister, and she tries to stick objects into the outlets around the house. There are two things that you can do.
    1. Put heavy things in front of the outlets(you can rearange your funiture in fornt of the outlets).
    2. If she is afraid of something, put it infront of the outlets, or say that it will get her(my sister is afraid of the vacume, so I say that the vacume will get her or I put it infront of an uncovered out let).

By Devyn on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 12:40 pm:

Well, I have a three year old sister, and she tries to stick objects into the outlets around the house. There are two things that you can do.
    1. Put heavy things in front of the outlets(you can rearange your funiture in fornt of the outlets).
    2. If she is afraid of something, put it infront of the outlets, or say that it will get her(my sister is afraid of the vacume, so I say that the vacume will get her or I put it infront of an uncovered out let).

By Devyn on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 12:41 pm:

1. Put heavy things in front of the outlets(you can rearange your funiture in front of the outlets).
    2. If she is afraid of something, put it infront of the outlets, or say that it will get her(my sister is afraid of the vacume, so I say that the vacume will get her or I put it infront of an uncovered outlet).

By eri on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 10:31 pm:

OMG......give me a break. There are safety latches to cover outlets that you can use to keep you children (or little bitty sisters) from getting into them. You can buy them just about everywhere.

By The Watcher on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 02:02 pm:

And they are cheap too.

By Mary on Tuesday, November 2, 2004 - 06:35 pm:

I am a 14 year old girl. If I am naughty, I get my bottom smacked. That is a fair punishment. I also smack when I am babysitting.

By Dodi on Wednesday, November 3, 2004 - 02:17 am:

GO BUSH!!

By V on Wednesday, November 3, 2004 - 09:36 pm:

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!

By Dodi on Wednesday, November 3, 2004 - 09:58 pm:

Yes, we did and congratulations!!

By V on Wednesday, November 3, 2004 - 10:43 pm:

Dodi,I happen to like Bush as he takes a real stance against Bin Laden and the other morons that want to force the western, world to become MUSLIM...if Bin Ladin hates Mr. Bush,then only Mr. Bush can be The President.It is a good day for America.

By Dodi on Wednesday, November 3, 2004 - 11:22 pm:

I agree with you V. No one likes war, but something had to be done. If Kerry was president at that time, he probably would have done the same thing, what other choice did we have?? Don't worry, this creep (Bin Ladin) will have his day, it's just a matter of time.

By V on Thursday, November 4, 2004 - 12:21 am:

INDEED IT IS,Dodi,I think it was "Nostrodamus" that put in his book of the future "the last war will be with the Arabs"or words to that effect,he wrote that 400 years back or there abouts,looks like its comeing true,I have a good understanding of most religions,most are cool,Islam is not,it needs to be confined,for the time being,to Islamic States,I have no wish to insult all Muslims,only the ones that wish to kill us.

By V on Thursday, November 4, 2004 - 12:28 am:

...For the record,I have my own copy of the "Holy Koran".I try not to post with out first doing research.

By Fixed on Thursday, November 4, 2004 - 01:48 am:

By V on Wednesday, November 3, 2004 - 10:43 pm:

Dodi,I happen to like Bush as he takes a real stance against homos and the other morons that want to force the western, world to become TRULY FREE...if gay people hate Mr. Bush,then only Mr. Bush can be The President.It is a good day for America.

By Dodi on Wednesday, November 3, 2004 - 11:22 pm:

I agree with you V. No one likes gay people, something had to be done. If Kerry was president at that time, he probably would have done the same thing, what other choice did we have??

By Dodi on Thursday, November 4, 2004 - 12:36 pm:

V, I don't know much about the other religions, just my own, which is Christian.

I think there's a lot of gay people on this site, it's very obvious, cause of the way they post. I don't hate gay people, infact, I have a few friends that are gay. I just don't like it, when they rub it in your face, like the last post, makes me want to laugh so hard. I wish people would just get a grip and grow up.

By V on Thursday, November 4, 2004 - 05:06 pm:

...so do I,but they dont.

By Dodi on Thursday, November 4, 2004 - 05:07 pm:

:)

By V on Thursday, November 4, 2004 - 05:22 pm:

Dodi,I know 6 gays right now,most are o.k.and thank God they dont post on Sorabji.

By Dodi on Thursday, November 4, 2004 - 07:48 pm:

I think there's quite a few gays that post here already.

My uncle was gay and died of AIDS.:(

By V on Thursday, November 4, 2004 - 09:15 pm:

Dodi,is real life a bitch or what?I am so sorry for your uncle,I just bet he was a real fine person,I wish I could have met him one to one,...it is most interesting that you observe a number of Sorabjis are gay,I have great trust in feminine intuition,as you understand,I do not ever hate gays,most are more smart than normal,that is a fact I have found to be true.Sometimes I think "Jack" is a closet gay,if he is,I would defend him allways,so far I think he hates me,for reasons I do not understand,perhaps I am too new,and am still regarded as a "troll"???

By Dodi on Thursday, November 4, 2004 - 11:33 pm:

My uncle was a really nice guy. He was a school teacher in Iran and lived there for many, many years. He liked both women and men and he never knew where (he/she) the AIDS came from. He lived in San Fransisco and during his last days, my parents flew out and took care of him. My mom is a nurse and he only wanted her, no one else. He suffered so and it makes me sad to think about it.
    Why do they call you a troll V? I think the other's are trolls, cause their so rude and they try, let me state that.."TRY" to make newcomers feel unwelcomed. I'm sorry, I won't buy into that, not like I did in the beginning. I will have to admit, I didn't like it much, but now, I can't seem to leave.:):) I never regarded you as a troll, so keep posting what you post and be who you are....:)

By eri on Thursday, November 4, 2004 - 11:47 pm:

Dodi, I am not going to defend or denounce V. His initial days made him though of as a troll. Time and intelligence can overcome that, but it is easier said than done. I was an idiot when I first came here. I will admit that. These people can shed light on thought processes and when you understand that and act based on that, things change. I love my fellow sorabjites as if they were family and welcome them into my home even if I disagree with them on things (as does my husband on many occasions) we still love our sorabji family (OK enough sappy shit). It's a matter of how you communicate and the thought put into it.

By Dodi on Friday, November 5, 2004 - 12:01 am:

When I first came here, I was being nice and was giving support, but when your constantly being shut down, what are you supposed to do? I still don't understand why I was labeled as a troll and being told that I'm "too nice." Is there such a thing as being too nice?? I don't think so and now a days, you would think, that people would like that. I don't really like being sarcastic and stuff, but a person can only take so much crap, ya know? I will not leave this place, because I have a right to be here too.
    A new person came here (Nichole) and they made her leave...WHY?? I don't understand.

By V on Friday, November 5, 2004 - 08:31 pm:

...dont forget "The Watcher" was also blown away by the SORABJIS,yet you all have a problem right now with Agent D,and about that you do nothing,as a team,you are useless.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact