remember the NEXT phase kids go through.

sorabji.com: What have you failed to do?: remember the NEXT phase kids go through.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By eri on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 02:28 pm:

Micki got herself all dressed and was asking if she looked pretty. I told her she needed to get her hair brushed. She ran to the bathroom and insisted on doing it herself. Here I thought she was just being a "big girl" and trying to be more independent. Then she walked back out of the bathroom and short little hairs were sticking out of the long ones. It looked awful!

I don't know how this happened because she DID NOT have access to any scissors. I checked where I keep the scissors and they were all in place as if they hadn't been touched since I put them away.

Her hair is straight and fine and thin. This has always been a problem area for me because I have thick, bushy, curly hair. Spunky does too. Hayley has thick bushy wavy hair, so I have never had to deal with thin fine hair before.

The easiest thing would have been to put layers in all of it to blend in the short hairs but not cut off all of the length.

I tried a cross between a pixie cut and a bob, but I don't know if it worked out right on her. The back of her hair is fuller and looks great, but the sides are so short they barely come to the bottom of her ears and she still has those shorter hair underneath.

Spunky is going to have a total cow when he comes home and sees it. He loved her having long hair and now she doesn't. It is barely shoulder length in the back.

It is so hard getting a 3 year old to sit still long enough for me to cut it that it still needs some trimming to even it out but I can't do that right now.

Micki loves it. Little stink, she thinks it is so cool having her hair shorter.

Typical me, I am trying not to cry as I sweep up 6 inch lengths of my babies hair.....again.

By wisper on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 02:42 pm:

oh eri... it's okay.

you should be glad that she let you cut it like that. When i was little my mom trimmed my hair a mere few inches (from the all-important ass length, remember) and i cried and cried and refused dinner and didn't speak to her for 3 days. She was so hurt, she still brings it up.

at least Micki is happy, tha's what matters, right? :)

By eri on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 02:49 pm:

I am not doing too bad with this. She finally let me clean it up around the edges and all of the neighborhood kids were looking in the window and talking about how cool it was that she was getting her hair cut and she ate it up and sat there and behaved.

It hit hardest when Hayley had this happen, so now I am getting used to it a little more. I just don't like it.

If her hair was ass length to begin with and I had to cut off 6 inches it would be easier, though. Now she looks like a blonde version of Dorothy Hamill. She's still cute, it's just sad to have to cut it all off.

By heather on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 05:09 pm:

i love short haircuts on little girls, especially that dark little bob look that always seems french to me.

i thinks it's time for dark hair again...

By eri on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 06:14 pm:

Nothing I can do about that. I have hair that is so dark I can't change it. I tried to go blonde once. Fucked up my hair royally. Never again. Right now I lighten it to medium golden brown and leave it at that.

Micki's hair is so blonde. Hayley is like a strawberry blonde. They didn't get my hair, that's for sure!

I just have to get used to the short hair on her I guess. If I knew how to work the digital camera I would take a picture so you guys can see how short it is and how different she looks with it. She looks like a kid and not a toddler now.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact