make Clark look stupid

sorabji.com: What have you failed to do?: make Clark look stupid
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rowlf on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 11:21 am:

By Nate on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 12:59 pm:

they did succeed in showing Clark has a bit of a temper. bill clinton wouldn't have lost control like that.

there is something about Clark that really disturbs me. he's a scary man.

By dave. on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 03:24 pm:

i dunno. i saw him on meet the press and tim russert rubbed his nose in everything he's ever said or done. clark was extremely cordial and magnanamous throughout it all.

fox is hostile to democrats and clark knows it. good for him.

of course, i'm in the angry liberal minority and anything short of clark slapping a submission hold on that smug little fuck and demanding he take it back doesn't go far enough for me.

that said, clark bugs me too. and he's weird looking.

By spunky on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 03:48 pm:

Clark was not a democrat until a few days before he threw his hat into the pres canidate pool.

This guy has no real vision of his own and is purely pole driven, just like his mentor.

By dave. on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 04:19 pm:

which mentor?

By Rowlf on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 04:50 pm:

spunky is playing parrot. You know Clark is being taken seriously based on how they're going after him. It would be hilarious if he was running as a Republican. Right now spunk would be calling everyone anti-American for daring questioning the General.

If he was Republican I'd still get a big kick out of Clark, just as I really like McCain, and to a lesser extent and for diffrent reasons, Bob Dole.

"This guy has no real vision of his own "
    yeah, like the last few presidents the US has had have had their OWN vision, rather than the vision of their handlers and their campaign contributors. please, spunk.

I'm glad Clark lost his temper. It actually made me buy into the idea that Clark is fearless. He's had a lot worse things to deal with than media smear, so obviously he's not going to sit around and take subtle jab bullshit from some FOXNews pissant, as if he had their support to lose. Being an honest and emotional candidate might in some ways be foolish, but I think Clark has more to gain from this approach, getting out people who dont care about politics... which surprises me, because when I first started hearing about Clark running I assumed he'd be much more hard-edged, in a cold, negative way, and if he won it would be because he'd win Reps over, rather than drag nonvoting liberals out to vote. With this new footage he comes across as Tough Grampa with Heart of Gold. It plays to both sides and I think it will work. I like him.

Even with all the patriotism he's tried to surround himself with to boost his ratings, could you ever, EVER, see Bush on TV, convincingly say he literally, LOVES, his troops?

By Rowlf on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 04:59 pm:

http://www.clark04.com/vision/

its put-up/shut-up time, spunk

show us how he has no vision of his own.

I'm not saying you can't do it, I just want to make sure you know what you're parroting.

By spunky on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 05:00 pm:

Rowlfe, you are mistaken.

Badly.

Stay out of clarke's camp.

By dave. on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 05:08 pm:

is that an order?

By Rowlfe on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 05:16 pm:

"Rowlfe, you are mistaken.

Badly.

Stay out of clarke's camp"

keepe talking spunke.

so you WOULDNT support Clarke if he was running on a Republicane ticket? I finde that very harde to believe.

By Rowlf on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 05:22 pm:

PS spunke.

if i could vote for your prez, between Clark and Dean and the rest, I'd go with Dean. I'd maybe even put Kerry ahead. Still very early for anyone to decide, don't you think?

disclaimer provided just incase you were wondering, or think this thread as some sort of endorsement, when its really just to point out a fine piece of news footage.

By Nate on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 04:51 am:

speaking of Clarke, maybe we should talk about how Richard Clarke was ordered by Bill Clinton to prepare a plan to combat terrorism, how that plan was handed to Condi Rice when Bush took office, and how that plan was essentially followed post 9/11.

By Rowlf on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 09:58 am:

wow, you ARE reading the Franken book, aren't you?

By patrick on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 12:44 pm:

i don't think i've ever wanted to accost and mutilate a newsbroadcaster as much as i did watching that smug motherfucker. thats the most consecutive amount of time i've watched Fox News. Is it always like that?

I think we need more emotion. Not emotion WWF style but certainly more candor. Especially when it comes to politiians dealing with "journalist" like that.

By Rowlf on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 12:56 pm:

"Is it always like that? "

FoxNewsSunday is the worst, actually. Tony Snow has got to be my least favorite. Now theres a parrot that has never come up with anything by himself.

By Rowlf on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 01:06 pm:

my favorite is Brit Hume, because he's such a caricature of an old Republican, he comes across as a Mr. Show character. old, grumpy, generally quiet most of the time, and then once in a while he chimes in and everyone sits quiet and listens attentively, like its going to be the last thing he'll ever say...

By Antigone on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 01:12 pm:

Hey, Rowlfe, any transcript for that Fox video? I don't do windoze.

By Rowlf on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 05:37 pm:

three sentence explanation.

Fox spins a Clark quote as against the troops.
    Clark calls FOX on their bias, says he loves the troops and how dare they try to question that, of all things.
    FOX guy does the "i'm just saying" pussy-ass Haskell routine.

By Antigone on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 05:44 pm:

thanxe, d00de!

By spunky on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 03:48 am:

Political Affiliation:

"I am pro-choice, I am pro-affirmative action, I'm pro-environment, pro-health. That's why I'm proud to be a Democrat."
    "I would have been a Republican if Karl Rove had returned my phone calls."

War with Iraq:
    "Let's make one thing real clear, I would never have voted for this war. I've gotten a very consistent record on this."
    "At the time, I probably would have voted for war in Iraq, but I think that's too simple a question. "
    "I've said it both ways because when you get into this, what happens is you have to put yourself in a position -- on balance, I probably would have voted for it."
    "That having been said, I was against the war as it emerged because there was no reason to start it when we did."
    "I never would have voted for war. What I would have voted for is leverage. Leverage for the United States to avoid a war. That's what we needed to avoid a war." Uhh, come again? what leverage?
    "We are going to ask, Why are we engaged in Iraq, Mr. President — tell the truth! Why, Mr. President? Was it because Saddam Hussein was assisting the hijackers? Was it because Saddam Hussein had a nuclear weapon that might bring a nuclear cloud? We don't know. And that's the truth. And we have to ask that question."
    "Mary, help!"
    "Stop. Stop. I promised I wasn't going to take a strong position."

Wesley Clark: A man who absolutely knows where he stands.
    Maybe.

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 09:35 am:

"Wesley Clark: A man who absolutely knows where he stands.
    Maybe."

http://www.comedycentral.com/mp/play.php?reposid=/multimedia/tds/stewart/jon_7131.html

Goerge Bush: A man who absolutely knows where he stands. Less than maybe.

and your 'political affiliation' proves nothing. Its not out of the question for a republican to be pro-choice. Look at Clintons record. I could go through his record and show you just how Republican he was. it only goes to show just how close the two parties have become. Which is why like I said, Dean would be a better candidate, if only to see an actual liberal running.

The Reps dont even know it, but they asked for this, they said stuff all time like "oh he's too liberal, they need someone close to centre if they're going to win".. now they've got one, and BAM! "but he could have been a republican!"

Har har. thats what you get for basically trying to endorse Liebarmann on behalf of the Dems.

so now i've answered your questions, now you tell me. if Clark was running Republican would you vote for him?

You're sure not overlooking the articles showing him changing opinions, but I bet you will overlook my Bush link. Whats up with that spunke. Now what is up with THAT?

Do I hear a parrot? I's do's believe's I do's.

By patrick on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 12:26 pm:

wow spunk, more thoughtless nonsense from some nutball conservative web page.

there are reasons to oppose Clark's bid for president, but they seem lost on you.

polly want a cracker.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact