stayin' alive, stayin' alive...

sorabji.com: paranoia.com: stayin' alive, stayin' alive...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Spiffy on Tuesday, May 5, 1998 - 11:00 am:
    As sorabji said, I think we could get by on 128k worth of bandwidth. With the user donation of $50 per 6 months that works out to $8.34 per month per user going to Kevin for isdn charges and getting out of debt. Personally I only user paranoia for e-mail, irc, and web page (which gets less than 100 hits per week). Speed is not a concern, but the expression and statements that paranoia stand for are far too important. I also agree that if needed the web pages could be moved off-site with a url relocation to the new site.

I'm sure we all wish we could do more to bail out paranoia, and with the user base that we have and all the support we should be able to keep it alive. There's enough resourceful people around here. (:

By Spy on Tuesday, May 5, 1998 - 05:04 pm:
    first off, i have to say that i was seriously disappointed when i found kevin's note in my mailbox last week. ive got a number of email addresses, and one of the most reliable is my paranoia box. personally, the web space is not that big a deal, my pages actually reside somewhere else, so a redirect would be perfect for me. i would really love to keep my paranoia mail box open for as long as possible.

if kevin cant keep the machines up anymore, i think our best bet might be to go with a virtual hosting place. of course if someone has the ability, time, and money to get a box connected for paranoia, that's great - but we dont want anyone else to end up in debt as our humble admin has. a cheap virtual hosting place might just charge us a one time fee to set up each box, then charge us monthly for the web space. i, for one, am volunteering to give up my web space, all i would request is a redirect if possible.

--spy
    spyder@paranoia.com

By Wombatparanoia.com on Wednesday, May 6, 1998 - 12:09 am:
    I could give up most of my webspace and can get web access elsewhere. I originally got a paranoia dial-in (PPP) as well but also not longer need that.

It would be nice to keep Paranoia alive and help out Kevin; debt sucks as badly as the demise of free speech forums.

wombat

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact