Paranoia.com?

sorabji.com: paranoia.com: Paranoia.com?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Monday, July 9, 2001 - 08:27 pm:

I've never been here before, i don't think.

By Nate on Monday, July 9, 2001 - 08:54 pm:

gone.

By spider on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 09:09 am:

how come no one posts here? was it a secret?

By spunky on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 09:16 am:

it died out

By spider on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 10:24 am:

how would you know?

really, why isn't there a link here on the subject index?

By spider on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 10:26 am:

I don't mean the website. I mean this area of the message board.

By Nate on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 11:27 am:

it wasn't secret. i think it had a limited purpose and that purpose has been fulfilled to whatever degree it is going to be fulfilled.

shit, i can't believe that was over 3 years ago.

By Spider on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 11:36 am:

We can give it a new purpose. Paranoia.com - if a link to it doesn't go anywhere, like the other threads claim, can't we use this as a "what are you afraid of?" substitute?

I've been lurking/posting here for almost 5 years. That's a long time.

By spunky on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 11:50 am:

I think i got here in 99. I think....

By Nate on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 11:56 am:

i was here back in '64.

do you remember when i got here, spider?

By Spider on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 12:09 pm:

Yes, you came here after the boards' configuration changed, right? I remember having a conversation with you and then someone asked if I was your brother, and you said "I wish." You didn't know I was a girl...I wish the search function worked here.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 12:53 pm:

trace i first started here in 99, as "waffleboy" ....i dont recall ever seeing you around till after dougie came...and dougie came sometime in 2000 with some dumbass inquiry about rap.

By agatha on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 12:55 pm:

i was here first.

By agatha on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 01:15 pm:

not really, though.

By Dougie on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 02:48 pm:

Yep, on my birthday, January 12, 2000, was my first post here.

By spunky on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 03:14 pm:

Jan of 2000, that's right.
    I was messing around at HELL.com (ever try that? Man, you have to have a good connection, but it is a trip), and one of the pages it took me to was this site. I think it was towards the end of January.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 03:16 pm:

spring of 1999 i believe....for me

By agatha on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 03:17 pm:

november 1997 is the earliest wayd i can find, but i suspect i have been here for much much longer. actually, i used to post on the old site, so i've probably been around for at least five to six years. wow. time flies when you're wanking on the internet.

By Spider on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 03:29 pm:

I showed up in the fall of 1996, when I started college. I remember you, Kelsey, and Whet and SE and PetRock and......ummmmm....Jim the Pajama Boy and Stone......

My first post under this name was in 1998, I think....about a paper I didn't want to write.

By Shel Silverstein on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 03:55 pm:

Invitation
    If you are a dreamer, come in
    If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
    A hope-er. a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
    If you're a pretender, come sit by the fire
    For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
    Come in!
    Come in!

By Cat on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 05:12 pm:

I think the lovely Nelly is the most original* of the posters.

It's almost precisely a year since I started posting. As per usual, Spunky is quite incorrect. He started posting after me. I remember his arrival and that of his colleague, Satan, quite distinctly.

*Please note I did not refer in any way to "old". Thank you.

By semillama on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 06:10 pm:

I would have to say late winter/early spring of 1999. I remember getting into a dumb argument with swine over something. I was just looking for a place to rant and leave, little did I realize I had found a home (fade in sentimental music)

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 06:40 pm:

Monday, April 27, 1998 - 06:33 pm

Ask me how I know.

By heather on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 06:43 pm:

i watched for a long time

i do that

i was here before sem? hm. wouldn't have thought it.

By agatha on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 06:58 pm:

how do you know?

yes, nelly has been here for ages. also, the maggy with a y and the maggie with an ie.

also, chordata and spiracle.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 07:09 pm:

By Dani on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 10:58 pm:

And of course, little ole me.
    Let's see...I remember a few people from here when I first came here.
    There was Kelsey...now known as Agatha...there was Dreamgirl..now known as God only knows....there was Blindswine....there was Nate...there was Jimbabe...there was Pete...there was my WETFLY... which whats her face...ummm...Heather was so kind to remind us all of at WAYD.... I'm sure there were others but I dont really have the time, or interest, to go back and dig through 4 years of stuff. Funny how time goes by so fast.
    I must say I'm a little curious about something...does chasing Nate around Sorbaji like a little puppy dog ever get "tiresome" Heather?
    Maybe in 4 years I'll remind you of your immatureness by posting all of your shit for everyone to see.

By Nate on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 11:48 pm:

that's an example of irony, patty. (not coincidence.)

you're so sexy when you talk dirty, dani.

By Dani on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 12:00 am:

I aim to please, Nate.

By dave. on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 12:41 am:

slacker! where'd he go? moosejaw?

motherfucking shunryu suzuki-roshi of sarcasm.

By agatha on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 12:31 pm:

yeah, he was good.

By agatha on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 12:33 pm:

i remember at first, dave could not comprehend why i was always checking this place out. look at him, now! i'm so proud of my accomplishments.

By spunky on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 01:37 pm:

where is the desk story? i remember reading it, now I can't find it

By jack on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 06:01 pm:

another winner

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact