Sign Snatchers

sorabji.com: Is it art?: Sign Snatchers
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Skachick on Thursday, August 27, 1998 - 03:18 pm:

I am a sign snatcher.
    I love street signs, contruction signs, restruant signs.....etc.
    I have a number of signs that I cherish and that I believe are art. Here is a list:

Stop/slow sign
    Danger: blasting Keep Away
    Detour
    Route 66
    Sale Pending
    Nothing of Value in this room
    Traffic control: Wait for Pilot Car
    Uneven Pavement Surface
    Loose Gravel
    Handicaped
    Yes, we're open/ closed
    Cation: Eye protection required in this area
    Exit
    Coca Cola
    No tresspasing
    No parking
    Notice: Autorized Personel only beyond this point

The best street related thing I have is the Street light that actualy works.

Tell me about your signs and any bizare sign snatching stories.

By Carrie Ann on Thursday, August 27, 1998 - 06:23 pm:

That's cool, but have you ever read any of the stories, watched any of the shows where they have had the survivors of people who have died because someone thought it would be cool to steal a sign? In some cases, the people possibly could have taken some steps to try and prevent it, but a lot of times they simply didn't know to stop, yield, detour... because someone wanted to add another 'trophy' to their collection.

We all collect different things and you're right, signs are really cool. I've seen a couple that I wouldn't mind having myself. But I would never kick it down, pull it down and steal it. *Shrug* I don't think I could live with the guilt of thinking how it might impact someone. Not just talking about the people who get in accidents (& are injured, paralyzed, die?...) but also because it adds up and in turn we all end up paying for it. I remember awhile ago, when I was still living at my mom's, for awhile the city we lived in had a lot of problems with people vandalizing, stealing signs. And it was a really nice community. (Blech, yuppies) Well, it got so bad that in turn there were things we couldn't have (improvements to the city) and prices were raised to compensate for it. (Mmmm yay, higher taxes!)

If you have to -take- them, I don't agree with it. If you get 'em free from companies goin outta business or changing sign styles or from the dump even, then right on. That's cool. So I dunno, I just think there are other things out there more worth while (& legal?) to be collecting.

By Skachick on Thursday, August 27, 1998 - 07:47 pm:

I've never stolen a Stop sign or detour sign or anything that could hurt someone. my Stop/slow sign was on the ground at a park. My detour sign was in a house that a construction co. was tearing down. The Danger sign, and caution signs were 1 of many. Some of them I bought at a sign store in Peir 39. I stole the Pilot car, uneven pavement, sale pending, nothihn of value, and the no parking. My friend took the Danger: blasting one for me and there were 6 of them. I am not stupid enough to take a stop sign off a pole or anything like that. I posted the sign snatchers theme just for fun not to be critisized. I guess I implied that I stole them all but that was not my intention. I do steel signs but I don't put people's lives in danger.

By Spiracle on Thursday, August 27, 1998 - 08:59 pm:

"rough road ahead"
    was put up and over on the side of the road
    when construction wasn't going on...just
    so everyone knows.....

a friend of mine wanted it because it
    described her life so well...and continues
    to describe..

i was on cop watch..

By Sorabji on Thursday, August 27, 1998 - 09:11 pm:

whenever i see an "end construction" sign i put an exclamation point at the end of it, to make it a protest.

END CONSTRUCTION!

i remember a story about some kids who stole a stopsign, then a while later a tractor truck drove right through where that stopsign used to be and crushed a car full of teenagers.

it was outside tampa, but the details are not coming to me right now.

By Carrie Ann on Thursday, August 27, 1998 - 11:51 pm:

I wasn't criticizing _you_, simply making a statement, comment to your post based on the info you gave. But as for posting stuff here, you have to realize it's open for just that. People WILL criticize, praise, comment, agree, disagree etc. That's what these boards are for. At first I was upset when I'd see some of the things people would say, but if you don't approve, then use your voice. You're allowed to speak your mind & encouraged to do so. I kinda like a debate sometimes. Given it's not just mindless dribble, which well there's plenty of that here too at times. *grin*

Glad to hear you get your signs that way then. =) And well, when we only have the details you give then it's hard to know the full story. *shrug* But then you informed us of the actuality, so there ya go. It's all good. =)

*High 5's Mark* NO kidding. The more construction I see, the sicker I become. It's so sad watching all these these beautiful green belts being 'raped' and some cookie cutter apartments tossed up before they move onto the next area and erect that strip mall (cuz we need at least 10 in a 5 mile radius). *shakes her head*

By Deto on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 11:03 am:

when i was a senior i highschool my government teacher was really big on having us all register to vote and participate in the local election process. be informed. your vote makes a difference. that whole thing.

anyway, a friend and i were driving around late one night looking for something malicious to do when it occurred to us to remove all the signs of a particular candidate who had spoken to our class. she was a dirty whore and talked only about how high school kids suck. well, the second part, anyway. i don't know what she did for a living.

so, we started picking up her signs. we drove all over the place collecting them. we didn't stop until we had scoured the city and collected all of them. it took us several nights, and every time we collected 20 or so we'd drop them off at my buddy's house.

after that, we picked several more candidates we didn't like and started collecting their signs. we enlisted the help of a few other people, and my buddy's house became sign depot.

then, one sunday night, we took all the signs and set them up on the lawn of our government teacher.

the next morning in class we talking about how it was a crime to steal political signs. apparently, not a minor crime. and after class, very discretely, the teacher asked us to come get our signs from her house.

someone must have fingered us.

By Carrie Ann on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 12:22 pm:

That reminds me of a story my mom told me about how she and my dad stole a buncha political signs one time and stuck them all in my grandma's yard. I guess a lot of people do that.

There was a woman running for a position in a small city next to ours and I remember wanting so badly to take down all her signs & burn them or write some not so pleasant *ahem* choice words on them. Twasn't just a random woman either. It was my step-grandfather's daughter. (the bitch) Heh, sorry... some deep seeded hatred there. And I honestly don't -hate- anyone, but if I were to, she would be one of my #1 candidates. Won't go into it why, but there's a VERY good reason. She's still in office there too. How blind the fools are who voted her in. C'est la vie!

By Skottey on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 12:25 pm:

sorabji- those kids you talk about in Tampa are in deep shit now. They are spending like 15 years in prison for the crime. They say they didn't take that sign but admitted to taking serveral other signs in like a mile radius around the stop sign. They have tried to appeal, they have cried on nbc dateline and were in the headlines several times.

Just a warning before any of you think about taking a stop sign.

By Markus on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 05:32 pm:

If karma exists, young Deto had his own signs abused during his run for mayor. I know young hooligans hired by the opposition went for my signs until I lay in wait, caught one, and stretched his flayed skin across one of his patron's signs pour l'encourage les autres.

Cost me a couple votes, but you wouldn't believe what the voting public will put up with if you just smile and just promise them sincerely you support everything they do. Or then again, these days you probably would believe it.

By Random on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 08:48 pm:

Personally, I just go turning signs upside-down.
    :)

By Alii on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 11:58 pm:

Well, here's one take on this issue: I pay taxes, taxes pay for the road signs, therefore I pay for road signs. How can you steal something you paid for? Just a thought....

By Carrie Ann on Saturday, August 29, 1998 - 04:55 am:

Cuz you aren't the only one who paid for it. It doesn't -belong- to you in that respect. Technically you can't steal what belongs to you, but there are certain degress of ownership. *shrug*

Ugh, visiting my mom for the weekend to help out with some stuff (garage sale - yay)... reminded how much this computer sucks. (Note to self: buy mom a new computer for when I come to visit. ;p)

By Sheila on Saturday, August 29, 1998 - 12:21 pm:

Here is a simple way to get a street sign with your name, or your gilrfriend/boyfriend/other's name on it without stealing it:

1. Make friends with the Planning Director of the city in which you live (hint: buying lots of drinks usually helps).
    2. When a new subdivision comes in for approval, have the PD mention during the review process that it would be nice to have a street named_____________.
    3. Buy some more drinks for the person in the Public Works Department who orders street signs for the City. Get extra ones with the chosen's name on.
    4. You get the idea.

This way you don't have to accidentally kill anyone to satisfy your insane desire to own a sign.

If you don't know the Planning Director in your City, call in several times with zoning complaints such as "the neighbor's chickens" and make a pest of yourself until your name is known in the Department.

By PetRock on Saturday, August 29, 1998 - 06:01 pm:

1. Freshman year in college (Clarkson College, NORTHERN New York, somewhat of a hick town called Potsdam and where the males referred to females as *ahem* "heifers").

My roommate Jack stole a cattle crossing sign (ok, so this was definitely a hick town if they had cattle crossing signs) - pole and all by the way - and planted the sign outside our dorm.

Well, we WERE freshman and *I* didn't do it. Heh...

2. 3 years later and I'm now at SUNY at Buffalo and working at Pizza Hut during the summer. We used to have parties after work and there was this girl I sort of had a crush on (even tho I knew I was gay).

We're both drunk, probably a bit stoned as well, when we decide to go out and steal some of those blinking yellow hazzard lights. Only problem is that they were still attached to the barriers, or whatever those metal sawhorse type of things are called. So we just loaded them into the trunk of my car, barriers and all. There were seven of them as I recall.

So the trunk wouldn't close. And I was driving drunk (and probably stoned). And we decided to stop at Denny's for some food.

Now any cop driving by would have (1) seen the riot of blinking yellow lights going off in my partially opened trunk and (2) realized that we had most likely "confiscated" them from a construction site and (3) that I was driving drunk.

Luckily we didn't get caught. After storing the lights in her apartment, I brought maybe four of them back to my house to remove the lights from the barriers (which is NOT THAT EASY TO DO!). But I did it.

I bring two of the lights with me to school where I place them in my dorm window (9th floor to be exact). And a passing security guard, or maybe it was a cop, saw them and came up and tried to bust my roommate for having the lights. He managed to convince the guy that he didn't own the lights and when the cop saw that the lights were stamped with the name of some Syracuse construction company's name, he let the issue drop.

I got rid of the lights soon after because they were a pain to have - know how much those big assed batteries cost? But they were fun to have for parties....

I hearby apologize to any people who were harmed by my taking of those warning lights....those people who probably drove smack into whatever those lights were there to warn them about. Sorry :-)

By Carrie Ann on Saturday, August 29, 1998 - 07:10 pm:

Awww, what a good boy to apologize like that. *pets Petey* =)

By PetRock on Monday, August 31, 1998 - 06:49 am:

Why thank you Carrie Ann!

*now what's up with everyone calling me Petey lately?*

By Starchy on Monday, August 31, 1998 - 09:57 am:

When I was about 15, I used to go out in the middle of the night with a certain friend of mine, and cause similar havoc on a regular basis.

One night was spent, not stealing, but rearranging roadsigns - the ones that just have the names of the streets. Another night we redecorated the fire hydrants. Replaced "No Smoking" signs with "Smoking Section."

Then, one night, we too decided it would be spiffy to have one of the yellow blinkers - the one we wanted was on one of those orange plastic barrels. Instead of dragging it home with us to where the tools were, we tried to remove it right where we found the thing, on an island in a three-way intersection. We failed miserably, but we did get the panel on the bottom off.

I looked at the now-hollow barrel, and inspiration was to be had. I got down in the foetal position, and had my friend lower the barrel on to me. I asked him to let me know when a car was coming.

After a few minutes, I heard: "Car!", and so I stood up. Tried to, anyways. Ended up toppling over and rolling away.

I still wish, though, that I could have seen the look on that driver's face...

By Liam on Monday, August 31, 1998 - 12:47 pm:

PetRock,

I was supposed to visit Potsdam to see my sister next week but I cancelled the trip. If I had known your connection with the town beforehand I would have gone on the trip. Maybe next year. :)

By Carrie Ann on Monday, August 31, 1998 - 02:24 pm:

Petey, errr PetRock... *shrugs* It just seemed like the right thing to do. How about I call you PeTeY.. or pEtEy. See, if you alternate the capital letters like that it's not the same. =) *nods helpfully*

By PetRock on Tuesday, September 1, 1998 - 01:07 pm:

uhmmm, no Carrie Ann. I think it's the same. Feels the same anyway.

I know it's that damn Dani who started this *Petey* nonsense and now where is she? I wanna place some blame here and she disappears on me!

Liam - I take it your sister goes to school in Potsdam. Or maybe works for one of them. God forbid she actually lives there but without the benefit of some school connection. The best thing about going to school that far north was the frat parties....200+ kegs and a band for $5.00. Not a bad way to get yerself drunk. Every Thurs. was Dollar Pitcher Night. Every Fri. was Blow-Off Class Day Because You Had Too Much To Drink The Night Before.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, September 2, 1998 - 09:50 am:

The only sign I ever "acquired" was a Coca Cola Sign hanging on a diner. For the life of me I can't imagine this caused anyone bodily harm or death. *grin*

By Carrie Ann on Wednesday, September 2, 1998 - 12:24 pm:

PR: Ok, well what would you like me to call you, dearie? I mean I _could_ stick with 'PetRock' but it just feels so formal. Should I call you my pet? *ponders*

*Giggles @ Jim* Think of the millions of poor innocent people who ate at that diner, not knowing there was Coke and being forced to order/consume Pepsi products much to their dismay! Oh the humanity of it all....

By Liam on Wednesday, September 2, 1998 - 12:49 pm:

Carrie Ann, PetRock and Jim aka PajamaBoy,

I like reading all 3 of your posts. I turn on Sorabji every morning as I'm having my coffee to see what happened over the last 24 hours. Who needs CNN (or MSNBC which I read is what all the Yuppies like to watch now).

PetRock,

My sister teaches at SUNY Potsdam. I've never been up there but it sounds a bit rural. The fraternity parties sound found though. Did any of the brothers ever get you drunk on this free beer and take advantage of you (I hope) or were you too busy playing with their paddles *wink*

And as for you Jim aka PajamaBoy and your coca-cola sign, I think Carrie Ann was right that all these people at this diner were not getting what they thought they had paid for. It's a sad country when one goes into a diner and orders a Mr. Pibb only to be served Dr. Pepper. Hee hee.

By Carrie Ann on Thursday, September 3, 1998 - 12:41 pm:

Why thank you, Liam. That's very kind of you to say. =) *Nod* There are some people's posts who I always look forward to reading as well. Sometimes I'll come on here and even though there can be 100 new messages on the board, I'll still read thru them all and not feel motivated to post anything. I think I know how PJ's feeling. Something feels different with all this as of late. Not sure how to explain it. *shrug*

Hmmm, I could go for a slurpee. Anyone wanna run to 7-11 for me? =) Either peach, Surge, or white cherry. Mmmmmm...

By Slackers wife on Friday, September 4, 1998 - 05:31 am:

My husband doesn't steal signs, he puts them up. our neibours waited at a stop sign in their driveway for 3 hours.

By Starchy on Friday, September 4, 1998 - 11:46 am:

That's Squishee, dammit!

But I'm jealous - I have heard of these new Surge Squishees, but none of the 7-11's in my area seem to carry them. Thing is, how can you have a single-flavor Squishee? Mix 'n' match, I say!

And when they finally come up with jerky-flavored Squishees... Mmm...

By Carrie Ann on Friday, September 4, 1998 - 01:35 pm:

Um, no its SLURPEE. Go to http://www.7-eleven.com DAMMIT! Hehe. ;) Slurrrrrrrpeeeeeeee

Yep, but they aren't 'new' really. Been around for at least a year now. So I suppose they're somewhat new. Hey, they are coming out with these cups that have a divider down the middle so if you do want two different flavors but don't want to mix them, *ta-da!* problem solved. But, yeah I'm like you.. unless they're 2 totally different flavors, I like to mix them.

Jerky? Heh, ewww. And I thought the peppermint/candycane ones were bad! ;p They're supposed to be fruity tasting (or at least the pop flavors - CokeŽ, SpriteŽ...). I can't imagine DRINKING mint. Blech.

By Starchy on Friday, September 4, 1998 - 02:44 pm:

I also think cheese schnapps would be a good idea.

Sometimes, I eat things for the sheer schlock value.

By Slacker on Friday, September 4, 1998 - 04:30 pm:

starchy;
    you are eating too many potatos.
    try some gizzards, scrapple, and tripe.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, September 4, 1998 - 06:19 pm:

Liam, babe, Thanks!

I always look for your postings too, but not with coffee. *BLECH* Can't stand it. Some kind of juice or water is my wake up call.

By Starchy on Monday, September 7, 1998 - 06:15 am:

Sorry, man. It's haggis all the way from here.

By PetRock on Monday, September 7, 1998 - 05:46 pm:

Sheep guts! *yum* but never before noon......

Liam -- ah yes, the paddles. I'd forgotten about those. No, never got lucky with the frat boys as I wasn't really out back then. Fun fact about SUNY Potsdam -- the original drummer boy from the Partridge Family (what the hell was that kids name?) went to that school I'm told. Remember how he was replaced after the first season by the blonde-haired kid? And they didn't even try to get a reasonably similar looking kid to replace him. Nope, they went from brunette to blonde. Just like that. Now that was funny, wasn't it?

Hello???? Anybody still there?

Hello?

By Liam on Tuesday, September 8, 1998 - 06:03 pm:

PetRock,

I'm still here and yes I remember that change in cast. I was very young at the time but I still was able to understand that this casting change made absolutely no sense whatsoever. I thoroughly voiced my disapproval to my parents at the time but alas they were unable to explain to me the intricacies of network televsion casting.

Thank God Mike Lookinland always played Bobby Brady!

As for the paddles issue, all I can say is too bad. I was in a fraternity as well in California and I'm happy to say my experience was different from your's. *GRIN*

Jim, aka PajamaBoy,

Too bad to hear about the coffee. I love the stuff, but I also like a good glass of juice in the morning too. (Liam thinks of other things he likes first thing in the morning but decides against posting). I'm now into Tangerine juice. It's expensive but yummy.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, September 10, 1998 - 07:07 am:

Liam,

Mike Lookinland... Tangerine Juice... MMMMMmmmm!

So um... like... you gonna dish about the paddles or what dude?

By Liam on Monday, September 14, 1998 - 12:27 pm:

I left two long posts in response to this last week but neither one showed up. I'm posting this to see if will go up.

By PetRock on Tuesday, September 15, 1998 - 02:08 pm:

Yeah, I know, Liam & Jim - you liked the Brady episode where Bobby was the school hall monitor and got his clothes dirty saving that cat. Bobby in his undies, getting soap suds all over Alice's bedroom....y'all liked that, didn't you?

hehehe

(who was cuter? Chris Partridge #1 or Chris Partridge #2? Or were you a closet Danny fan?)

By Liam on Wednesday, September 16, 1998 - 12:31 pm:

That was one of my favorite Bobby Brady episodes. I always thought Sherwood Shwartz should have written in that Bobby got a good spanking for making a mess like that.

As for Chris Partridge, I liked the blond one, but I can't remember if that #1 or #2. I am not, I repeat, I am not a closet Danny Partridge fan. Didn't Danny Partridge get arrested for beating up a prostitute he picked up who turned out to be a man or something? I think it happened a few years back in Phoenix.

By Liam on Wednesday, September 16, 1998 - 12:38 pm:

Jim aka PajamaBoy,

I tried to answer your post a few times last week but it never went up. Anyway, my fraternity was heavily into hazing and one of the things we had to do was make a paddle that we had to get all of the actives to sign. Most would just meet with you and then sign the thing, but some of the others made you clean their car, polish shoes run errands and then they would hit you a few times with the paddle before signing it.

We would also get paddled during lines up. If you didn't answer a question right you would get hit, while only in your underwear, ala Kevin Bacon in Animal House.

We also got swatted more than a few times during Hell Week. Pretty fun actually. :)

By PetRock on Thursday, September 17, 1998 - 01:42 pm:

No, thank YOU sir and may I have another. Sounds like you had quite the setup going whilst in college. It's a wonder you ever left :-)

Blonde Chris was #2, Brunette Chris was #1. I preferred #1 over #2.

I believe you are correct about Danny picking up the tv hooker - I heard he was cowering from the police inside a closet under some dirty laundry. Now there's an image I'll take to my grave....

And now poor Arnold from Different Strokes has fallen by the wayside - beating up poor, innocent autograph seeking women while shouting how he hates black people. Excuse me??? Of course she is now suing for the big $$$ to, in her lawyers words, "teach him a lesson that he can't go around beating up women". Yeah, right. Another person trying to take the easy way out to instant wealth.

Anyone ever see the SNL episode about "America's Most Wanted Child Stars"? Chris Farley was playing Natalie from The Facts Of Life - that in and of itself was pretty gd funny.

By Liam on Thursday, September 17, 1998 - 08:23 pm:

Hee Hee. Wish I had seen the SNL episode.

As for college, if I could have assumed the position and remained there, I wouldn't be here now. Oh well, I can find what I want elsewhere. Maybe I'll just have to go to DC and see you and Jim :)

By Slacker on Friday, September 18, 1998 - 04:09 am:

don't do it man

By PetRock on Tuesday, September 22, 1998 - 01:01 pm:

Back off Slacker! Let him make up his own mind....

or I'll tell Mom on you.

By Hal on Tuesday, September 22, 1998 - 07:04 pm:

Ok we went from talking about Signs to talking about slurpees, slushies, slammies, sloopies, whatever the hell they are called....

Somefriends of mine "stole" and yes they did steal it, on the remote chance that if someone did get stranded they could walk a little ways to the next mile marker... Anyway they stole the MILE 42 sign...

The reason they "stole" it was 1) They felt like it... 2) because it confuses people driving on the high way going from MILE 41 to MILE 43..... 3) They were bored...

None of this event will hurt anyone smart enough to figure out an alternitive for it... If you die because you are missing the MILE 42 marker, well then as much as i hate to say it... You probably wouldn't have lived long anyway.

By Starchy on Wednesday, September 23, 1998 - 10:02 am:

"Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb."
    --Batman

By PetRock on Monday, September 28, 1998 - 01:11 pm:

oh, I love that movie! Poor old Batman, doesn't want to hurt the duckies or the marching band or....whoever else was there.

By Lucy Phurre on Thursday, December 10, 1998 - 09:59 pm:

Best sign snag (or at least the funniest) ever,
    was when some friends of mine (I wasn't there) stole one of those giant inflatable Ronald McDonald figures (the ones that sit on top of the entire roof of the restaurant)
    They rolled it up, put it in the trunk of their car, and headed for home.

Unbeknownst to them, however, as they drove off, the figure had become partially reinflated and was now trailing for quite some distance behind the car.

The cop who pulled them over tried to keep a straight face, but busted out laughing as he advised them, "I'm pretty sure we've got you for McKidnapping."

And on an unrelated note, I want to get a yield sign to put over my bed. Yeah, I think that sends about the right message.

By TBone on Friday, April 30, 1999 - 01:43 pm:

I really really wanna take one of those "3-WAY" signs. the little ones under stop signs at 3-way stops... Yah. Definately.

By Sprig on Friday, April 30, 1999 - 02:01 pm:

Dare to dream, brother.

By El Dee Gee on Sunday, March 5, 2000 - 10:42 pm:

When I was about 13 I lived in a small hick town of roughly 400 people. Me and a friend went around and stole lightbulbs from everyones porch light and then we would go bust them out on the street. Ahhhhh. The memories.

By GEE on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 12:49 am:

No, this will never do. I'm afraid you're just going to have to change.

By Markus on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 11:08 am:

Gee, you little vandal, you.

By J on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 11:50 am:

Yea Gee you got me all interested in that Gloomy Sunday song after I found out that Elvis Costello did it.I went to Borders and had to order it,it was on a C.D. called Trust and they said they would send me a card when it came in.When I got the card it said it was $11.99 ,I had a $25.00 American Express gift certificate,they weren,t going to give me my change back,I had them get the manager,he said that was the store policy,I said you should tell people that before they use them.Finally got them to give me my gift certificate back and wrote a check,then when I got home I saw they charged me $15.99,I was so mad I called the main headquarters they are supposed to get back to me,I,m listening to it now though and it,s all good.If I didn,t like myself so well it would make me take many valiums,get real drunk and drown in my pool.

By Patrick on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 12:14 pm:

What? Another Gee???? Oh man!

By semillama on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 06:08 pm:

Everyone in small towns did that shit.

but did you take a cabbage ptch kid you found on the ground at the fair, cut off its arms and legs, cut its hair down to the skull (revaling a Mr. T haircut), tie a rope around its neck and drag it behind your bikes fo a few days, before sinking it off the dock with a counterweight, to make it float about 6 inches below the surface?

Thought so.

By Kymical on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 09:50 pm:

in the city of Irving in texas, outside of dallas (where the cowboys stadium is located.) there are signs everwhere that say:
    Be Kind

and it has like the city of irving city council or something. a friend of mine (a delinquent from the cradle to the grave) took one of these signs. we aren't quite sure what danger people could be in if we took them. but we didn't care. i personally thought maybe we were going against what the sign was about. who knows.

By Gee on Tuesday, March 7, 2000 - 12:16 am:

there is only One Gee.

two if you count my cat.

okay, including Yaphet, three. But no more than that!

By Isolde on Tuesday, March 7, 2000 - 12:35 am:

I always liked the "slippery when wet" signs on mountain roads up here. But for some reason, I never got around to stealing them...

By J on Tuesday, March 7, 2000 - 12:08 pm:

It,s not too late Isolde.

By Matt on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 04:59 pm:

hi

By wisper on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 06:35 pm:

FUCK OFF!!!

By Dick on Saturday, September 4, 2004 - 01:20 am:

damn i had no idea there were this many people having the same fun i am
    i have only gotten 2 no parking signs and about 45 political ones whats the setence on the political ones?

By Antigone on Saturday, September 4, 2004 - 07:11 pm:

You are hereby sentenced to nine political signs up the ass.

By Tresspassers William on Saturday, September 4, 2004 - 07:42 pm:

THANK YOU SIR CAN I HAVE ANOTHER

By Tresspassers William on Saturday, September 4, 2004 - 07:45 pm:

THANK YOU SIR CAN I HAVE ANOTHER

By Antigone on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 02:22 pm:

Uh

Sure

By Agent D on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 02:28 pm:

Speaking of Sign Snatcher,I really remember when I was teenager, I stole more than 7 parking meters and parts...Boy this gave me a memory flashback in 1985.It was scary, but a little fun. Luckily,I was never caught or arrested.But carried 2headed parking meter made my arm tired.

By Agent D on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 02:30 pm:

Ah and those road construction flasher too, everybody goes "gee how did you manage to remove those security bolt? I told them "figure it out for yourself".

By Antigone on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 02:31 pm:

Did you steal any signs from RTC Industries?

By Agent D on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 09:08 pm:

Antigone, Good question, I think I will steal RTC Industries Icon Sign, when I go on vacation. But the question is where do I put the stolen sign?

By Agent D on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 09:09 pm:

Oh by the way Antigone, would you like to have RTC Industries sign?

By Agent D on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 09:09 pm:

By Agent D on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 09:10 pm:

By Agent D on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 10:11 pm:

fuck fuck fuck fuck I AM THE MOST STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID FUCKING CUNT ON SORABJI AND I FUCKING HATE RTC.FUCKING HATE RTC FUCKING HATE RTC FUCKING HATE RTC88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

By Agend D on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 10:14 pm:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

By Agent D on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 10:16 pm:

I DEMAND YOY SPEAK TO ME YOU FUCKING CUNT

By moonit on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 10:42 pm:

This is probably redunant, but have you thought about therapy?

By Agent D on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 10:48 pm:

I AM SANE AND THE REST OF YOU ARE MAD AND I HATE RTC

By Agent D on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 10:49 pm:

The last three post it message wasn't me...

By Agent D on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 11:18 pm:

...IT WAS MY OTHER PERSONALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Agent D on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 11:21 pm:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By Agent D on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 11:24 pm:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHJAhahahahahahahahahahahahahashaHAHAHAHJAHAHAHAHAGHVBYUUIKNNRD33RYNJBTD3468UI83E4];.MJ=7

By Agent D on Monday, September 6, 2004 - 02:09 am:

Again, The last three post it message wasn't mine.

By Antigone on Monday, September 6, 2004 - 03:49 am:

S'ok, D, it's probably V.v.

And, no, I don't want a sign. Thanks anyway, though.

By Agent D on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 11:56 pm:

Antigone, sorry ,I still don't have time, but when I do,I will don myself a overall black thing especially my face , I will snatch the R.T.C. Sign .Wee Hoo!

By Agent D on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 06:52 am:

r.t.c.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By Agent D on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 11:31 pm:

The last post it message wasn't mine, someone using my handle.

By Agent D on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 12:12 am:

NOT!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By Dick on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 10:01 pm:

i been casin my area for political signs for a month now but me an 2 otha niggas is about ta run up in der and take em out. i got one in back but he count da stacks, but they best know when we thoomp em we taking all three signs.

By jack on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 11:52 pm:

you sound like a fucking idiot. what are you trying to communicate here?

By semillama on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 11:50 am:

Fucking white boys.

By dave. on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 12:46 pm:

By Sye on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 01:51 pm:

AAAAhahahahahaha! that's great! Welcome back, 1997.

By R.t. on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 12:26 am:

thoomp! got another, no parking

By R.t. on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 12:28 am:

this is a cool site i like it a lot, but have any of these been sign related for the past like 40 posts?

By Gee on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 11:10 am:

aw, you're cute.

cute in that Retarded way.

By R.T. on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 04:12 pm:

R.T.C.R.T.C.R.T.C.R.T.C.R.T.C.R.T.C.R.T.C.R.T.C.

By R.t. on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 05:50 pm:

it's big R small t if ur trying to impersonate me u dumshit. whoever thinks im cute in a tard sense can get tea bagged also. just thought id let you kno also that i got a real estate sign too, just to keep on subject.

By jack on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 06:15 pm:

be all you can be.

By R.t. on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 11:11 pm:

i personally like the air force more but, hey whateva.

By jack on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 11:18 pm:

more than what?

By kazu on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 11:33 pm:

crusty nosegoblins

By dave. on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 02:18 am:

klingons

By agatha on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 03:50 pm:

underwear with skidmarks.

By R.t. on Friday, October 8, 2004 - 10:01 pm:

kazu, dave, agatha, stop posting shit on here ur gay
    and jack i like the airforce more than the army, dumbass. duh be all u can be, army commercials.
    wow so many fucking tards on this site

By R.t. on Friday, October 8, 2004 - 10:02 pm:

glad im not one of them over and out. u all are too dumb for me

By dave. on Friday, October 8, 2004 - 10:28 pm:

i fuck your mom.

By V on Friday, October 8, 2004 - 10:44 pm:

By agatha on Friday, October 8, 2004 - 11:00 pm:

(no comment)

By jack on Friday, October 8, 2004 - 11:45 pm:

thatz cuz ur gay. and to dum for r.t. thoomp.

By ABD Industries on Saturday, October 9, 2004 - 02:08 am:

Iqbal Khan is a dumb gay shit retardo.

By dave. on Saturday, October 9, 2004 - 02:14 am:

was that slavic enough for ya, v?

By V on Saturday, October 9, 2004 - 09:16 pm:

dave,do you do drugs?

By Antigone on Saturday, October 9, 2004 - 09:18 pm:

Why, V.v., ya want some?

By dave. on Saturday, October 9, 2004 - 09:42 pm:

i do moms.

By V on Saturday, October 9, 2004 - 10:18 pm:

I expect you do... :)

By V on Saturday, October 9, 2004 - 10:25 pm:

Dave,do you think you can blow "Agent D" out of the water for me? you can regard it as your own "pearl harbour" counter attack.

By V on Saturday, October 9, 2004 - 10:28 pm:

Sem,I know your good on research,so what the hell is R.T.C.?

By Antigone on Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 03:39 am:

Good question. Methinks it's some technology comapany that Agent D worked at. Presumably they pissed him off in some way because he keeps insulting their employees and posting their address here. It all seems a tad obsessive to me, but it could be all a joke. Ya never know.

By Antigone on Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 03:08 pm:

V is a homosexual.

By V on Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 09:45 pm:

...What makes you think that,darling?...also I think you are just looking at face value on R.T.C. ... strangly,I have a high regard for your insight in to obscure quests.

By V on Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 09:48 pm:

...as indeed I do Sem.

By Antigone on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 01:04 am:

The 3:08 pm post isn't mine.

By heather on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 03:14 am:

you're kidding

By Antigone on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 04:42 am:

Maybe

:0

By V on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 07:48 pm:

Probably :)

By ____ on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 01:30 am:

wait what the hell is this message board aboutsign snatching or lesbians?

By _____ on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 01:32 am:

personally im down with both

By Jack on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 11:32 am:

That's V who is "lesbian".

By V on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 05:47 pm:

jack..."eat hot fuck"

By V on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 05:48 pm:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact