Sorabji art?

sorabji.com: Is it art?: Sorabji art?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Jinafishes on Tuesday, August 24, 1999 - 12:57 pm:

It's weird, it's piecemeal, it was created in Photoshop, it's Sorabji art. Hope you like it..

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/2696/stpeter.gif

I don't intend for it to be deep, just different and modern, it's probly not even art. Nor do I give credit to myself for the photos of course, but I do for the collaboration of them. Thanks.

By Swine on Tuesday, August 24, 1999 - 01:04 pm:

i like it.

By Waffles on Tuesday, August 24, 1999 - 01:15 pm:

i have always loved that subwaygirl...she looks kinda mean though.........

By Sarah on Wednesday, August 25, 1999 - 04:00 am:

that's neat-o. how did you do that?

By Jinafishes on Wednesday, August 25, 1999 - 11:41 am:

Uhm, it was basically just photoshop, which is soley about layers, and an array of things you can do with those layers, tilting the End sign, taking out the cup in her hand, put the sign there, touching up around the sign so this big white silhouette of a coffee cup isn't there, making the girl to the right have less opacity than the rest of the objects, cutting out a sofa, adding lighting effects so light shines down on the sofa, and adding some to the sign, and having all the objects in the same brightness and contrast so it doesn't look like it was actually pasted into the picture. What would Mark Thomas think?

By Margret on Wednesday, August 25, 1999 - 07:34 pm:

Fuck Mark Thomas.
    I like it.
    I went to a photoshop conference and the guy had just started in on playing with layers and the cool effects thus enabled, and the hour was up (different little hour long sessions).
    E-mail me, I will send you Swine's head, please fix it and I will post it on my page and give you proper credit. I can't figure out what to do with Swine's head.

By Markus on Thursday, August 26, 1999 - 03:09 pm:

Now, Satan's severed head is a different story. Assuming they aren't one and the same, naturally. Come to think of it, I've never seen the two at the same time.

By Waffles on Thursday, August 26, 1999 - 03:21 pm:

you have EVERY right to be suspicious

By Swine on Thursday, August 26, 1999 - 04:08 pm:

i own your mom.

By Waffles on Thursday, August 26, 1999 - 06:37 pm:

christ ol lordy.........i warned her about you......

damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn

By Semillama on Saturday, August 28, 1999 - 03:15 pm:

Fitting indeed.

The link to here from the "official " Robert anton Wilson page is called "Concept art...or something..."

By Jinafishes on Monday, August 30, 1999 - 07:33 pm:

what's the addy?

By Semillama on Wednesday, September 1, 1999 - 07:27 pm:

By J on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 03:44 pm:

Wow!!!!Thats great Sem!!

By Jinafishes on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 04:11 pm:

I loved his book The Illuminatus!, even though it took like forever to read.

By J on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 05:06 pm:

Check out the links like Sem said,I saved this.

By Semillama on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 06:14 pm:

You need to read the cosmic trigger trilogy if you really want your head blown open.

easier to read through, too.

By Jinafishes on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 07:27 pm:

Yeah, I saw that in a used book store once, and wanted to get it, but I was too late in getting the money :( Do you know any places on the net where I could read excerpts or anything?

By Semillama on Friday, September 3, 1999 - 12:20 am:

www.rawilson.com

tons of excerpts from a variety of his work

By Spider on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 06:23 pm:

My brother commissioned a work of art from me to be his Christmas gift. He asked me for this yesterday, so I have a week to get inspired and get cracking. As of this moment, I am neither.

Are any of you working on art of any kind at the moment? How do you get inspired?

By Spider on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 06:14 pm:

I was going through my old notebooks and things for inspiration, and I found a quote I had cut out of a music magazine from an interview with Blixa Bargeld (of the Bad Seeds) in all-caps sans-serif font, formatted like this:

DEEP IN MY HEART, I HAVE A GREAT HATE
    FOR MUSIC, DEEP IN MY HEART...I SAID
    I HAVE A GREAT HATE FOR MUSIC, A HATE,
    AND IT'S DEEP IN MY HEART.

Poetic, no? I thought of making a sort of 3-d collage (a palimpsest?) with that as the center piece...I have a big (maybe 11x18) lidded wooden box that I'm going to paint black and use as the frame (like a glassless shadow box).

Unfortunately, we've had a big snowstorm here today and I can't leave the house to get any more supplies. But fortunately, that gives me more time to dream up ideas.

By patrick on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 04:24 pm:

my creative side is in a deep recession right now. photography
    does nothing for me. playing music is idle. im considering tapping
    something else....writing? paintin?

im not sure, but im certainly not too happy about the lack of
    creative output. im not sure whats worse, the lack of an active
    createive outlet that im wildly passionate about or the fact that I
    dont see to care too much.

By Dr PEpper on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 02:30 am:

patrick, i took a photography class sometimes ago... did mostly on b/w, but not the color.... they have taught many thing about the darkroom and we had some fun. especially how to... remove the film from canister roll and carefully load the fim onto reel rack before we had the film to be developed.

By jaq on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 12:11 pm:

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

--Jack London

By Nate on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 01:41 pm:

"oh, fuck me"

-- inspiration jones, pinneped

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact