i dunno, but this thread will work all the same...............

sorabji.com: Is it art?: i dunno, but this thread will work all the same...............
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 05:30 pm:

As I sat there waiting for the train, i was watching the escalator, it's early and i'm a little slow this morning. I started thinking I could do a whole foto essay on a god damn escalator...(I tend to freak myself out when I think of the possibilities with a camera. I also had the idea of doing "The Bus Ride" just sitting in the back, doing simple, no flash , grainy, wide angle shots, as people get on, get off... the near lifeless transient, modular capsul...a transfer of energies within a vehicle for the transfer of energies DING!!! STOP REQUESTED.)

Anyway...the escaltor...i happened to be looking at the DOWN escalator....perhaps this idea could be conveyed with an UP escalator as well...but then tends to be the more figurative. Humans rising UP...and melding with everyone and everything UP THERE...divine almost. One could easily akin that to the heaven, and the converse, with the down escalator, hell, but that strays from the point. Eitherway...i looked at the down escalator which to me ends in a more symbolic earthlike manner. The bottom being the end of the slide, grounded, earth-dirt bound. It's cyclic...either one....rising out and above...each step becomes an individual...its existance firm and concrete...supporting a number of other humans....some pass on, some pick a step and wait....like we do in life. The end, we meld, melt...those whom we supported, find others and move on.

and then sometimes i just think im full of shit.

My eyes are becoming wider, my vision more resolute. im not sure if Im frightened or secured. I just need more time.

By pez on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 06:04 pm:

*click*

By semillama on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 09:23 pm:

Dude, you are completely full of shit.

Try and enjoy it more like you did above, that's one of the secrets to a happy existence.

By droopy on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 12:27 am:

i remember when they taught me how to ride an escalator in a wheelchair.

every so often they'd let us out of the rehab hospital and take us someplace to learn how to do shit in the real world. one day they took us to the dallas airport. i think the escalator was the first thing we did once we got inside. you ease yourself up to the steps until your front casters catch in the steps and then you grab the rails and let them ease you on. you have to make sure your wheels fit themselves into the steps. then you lean forward so your weight doesn't throw you back and hold on.

then you have to go back down, which is a little scarier because you have to back down. And if your wheels don't fit into place you toppling down the escalator. when you get to the bottom you have to time it so you grab your wheels just as you're about to hit the ground and roll yourself back. otherwise you fall.

there is nothing artistic or poetic about it. but sometimes it beats trying to find an elevator.

By Bobby on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 02:49 am:

Escalators are scarier than clowns!

By patrick on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 11:40 am:

thats because your a (affectionatly) a pussy.

Im not sure i follow you sem but OK!!!

By mister correcto on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 11:40 am:

affectionately

By dave. on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 12:02 pm:

By pez on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 12:39 pm:

that's pdc. she's got guts.

By Dougie on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 01:03 pm:

Eeew, I can just imagine the plastic bags crawling with crabs and lice.

By Nate on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 01:04 pm:

send me your address and you won't have to imagine.

eheheheheheheheh

By Dougie on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 01:10 pm:

That's swell of you, Nate. You can send a bag of pubes to me at:

Dougie
    555 Any St., Apt. 5
    New York City, NY 10020

Remember to poke holes in the bags so the little critters can breathe.

By J on Monday, April 2, 2001 - 02:12 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact