Punk rock and tupperware?

sorabji.com: Is it art?: Punk rock and tupperware?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 11:12 am:

Ever heard of Phranc?

Shes grtacing our office for a visit. Tupperware, punk and folk rock.

Im going to listen to a sales pitch on tupperware from a punk rock musician who has toured with the likes of the Smiths, X, Violent Femmes and Husker Du.

I've read about this lady before but man am I confused.

By semillama on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 03:47 pm:

You are not the only one, it sounds like.

By Dougie on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 05:00 pm:

Yeah, she's the one that did the Neil Diamond impersonations a while back. Perfectly Phranc. Kinda funny and creepy when she did "Girl you'll be a woman soon."

By agatha on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 02:26 am:

the tupperware fits in how?

By J on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 11:01 am:

It keeps her fresh?

By Czarina on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 12:24 pm:

Ya have to burp it. I always thought that seemed like an odd thing to have to do to a storage utensil.Somebody probably put that in for a sick joke.

By Marthat Stewart on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 12:27 pm:

Watch it.Those gadgets on her groin look like gonad grabbers to me.

By patrick on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 01:37 pm:

she sells tupperware now agatha. thats how it fits in.

there is an uppity looking store across the street in the mall called "Agatha"?

what up with dat?

By Fester on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 01:46 pm:

i don't think she has any interest in gonads

By patrick on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 02:41 pm:

thats terribly insightful of you

By agatha on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 03:20 pm:

that's my store. do you like it?

i don't understand why phranc sells tupperware. i can't get my mind around it.

By patrick on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 03:27 pm:

its kooky, kitchy I suppose is the reason why she's sells tupperware.

i dunno, it looks like an uppity store. Im always afraid of those kinds of places. So no, i havent been in it.

By agatha on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 03:42 pm:

you should come in and say hi.

i love tupperware. for real.

By The Watcher on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 04:20 pm:

Wow.

I just bought a piece.

Haven't had to do that in twenty six years.

My wife was give a Tupperware shower before we were married.

We still have pieces we haven't used yet.

By TBone on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 11:54 pm:

I saw some tupperware stuff with an auto-burp-valve on top once. It was slick.

I'd love to have a set that would belch real loudly so that when company was over, they'd randomly hear belches from the fridge.

By agatha on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 11:48 am:

phranc is rad. i have one of her albums. when you meet her, can you tell her that i want her to host a tupperware party at my house in olympia? thanks.

By p on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 12:05 pm:

oh. um, maybe.

i was planning to find some way to miss this event.

By dave. on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 08:17 pm:

why would you do such a thing to me, agatha?

By semillama on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 09:49 pm:

Ha ha ha ha ha!

You guys!

By AGATHA on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 12:48 am:

HEH. NOW I MUST DO IT!!!!

By dave. on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 12:52 am:

evil.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 12:15 pm:

dave you can come to my house if you like. we can watch beer, listen to movies and drink records.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact