When you have 250 people working with you?

sorabji.com: Is it art?: When you have 250 people working with you?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By J on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 02:11 pm:

By Christopher on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 02:37 pm:

We have a Chihuly basket that looks a lot like
    This One , but its orange and black. I don't have the decor for this type of stuff, so I have it in the china cabinet in my dining room. I always take it out in the fall and put it on the dining room table. It is amazing stuff, and it has its best impact when you can see an entire installation. Weirdly organic looking, like strange undersea tube worms and jelly fish. I would love to see that show.

By J on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 04:02 pm:

Darn,I see the Phoenix art museum link didn't work,I'm impressed Christopher, those baskets aren't cheap.A man,not Chiluly was making glass flowers and it was incredible.If you don't mind my asking,what do you do for a living? It won't hurt my feelings if you don't answer that:)

By Christopher on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 10:03 pm:

Network engineer, but I made some bucks in Silicon valley during the boom. Currently I'm self employed, and managing to string together a living , but its scaled down alot over the past year. I put a lot of my money into "tangible assets" when things started to melt down, namely art and furniture. I collect quite a bit, and my partner caught the bug from me. Most of our house is period Arts and Crafts style circa 1900-1910. Our house is a 1910 Edwardian, and it goes with our stuff really well. The basket was actually given to me about 3 years ago by my sister, because She sort of thinks if you collect "art", anything that qualifies as such is a good fit. She got it probably 10 years ago, but I don't know what she paid for it. I have it insured, along with most everything else. Its very nice, but like I said, it doesn't really go too well with the rest of my stuff. I bought heavily into New England art pottery over the past 5 years, and have done far better than the stock market, although I haven't really sold too much, but rather traded up for some furniture and other pottery. I could talk about this stuff for days and days, so I won't. I'm glad I bought art, and not a car, or god forbid, more stock; Living with it has a major impact on my life.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact