The coldest winter ever

sorabji.com: Is it art?: The coldest winter ever
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Eb on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 09:11 pm:

The coldest winter ever by sista souljah was the best african American work of fiction i had ever read. it feels real, seems real, and will make you laugh, cry, and even throw the book ...but pick it right back up to finish

By Samantha Wilson on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 01:38 am:

The Coldest Winter Ever was the best book I ever read. I read it three times and thats no lie! I've learned so much by reading that book. I wish I could meet Sista Souljah to tell her how i feel personally. I heard she was making a movie please keep me posted my email address is chynadoll22405@yahoo.com

By Kibeauzeta Schools on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 04:03 pm:

The Coldest Winter Ever was the best real book i have ever read. The first time i read the book was when I was 13 years old. I was head over heals from the first page. And when i was getting towards the end of the book I was thinking'Sista Souljah should turn this into a movie' and look I'm hearin' rumors thats exactly whats happenin'. I just really wanted to tell how I felt about the novel.

By MGT on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 01:52 pm:

The Coldest Winter ever will make you jerk like a junkie waiting for Souljah's next fix. I finished this book in two days and have thought about the story everyday for the last week. This story was so REAL that it hurts. It is sooooooo fresh that a book could move you the way that this did. Souljah is definitely tops in my book with her dynamic style of writing.

By Renee on Sunday, May 1, 2005 - 06:13 pm:

I can really relate to The Coldest Winter Ever. Instead of Brooklyn born I was Harlem born. I had to hustle my way through everything. This is one of the best books I have ever read and I am only 14 Years old. Sista you should really make a movie for this.

By Itgyrl on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 07:33 pm:

the coldest winter ever is a phenomenol book. sista souljah so vividly describes the setting, the characters, and everything in between, that you can see the city and all of it's imperfections as well as those things that make it great and reminiscent of your own childhood. you find yourself literally standing in winter's shoes and living her life, feeling every emotion that she feels. reality pauses all around you. you've seen these characters on your block. the storyline is a true test of emotion and is garaunteed to guide you through each and every one of them. i read in an issue of sister 2 sister with jada pinkett smith on the cover (the issue was somewhere between 04/2005 & 06/2005) in the article with jada it was mentioned that jada had plans to do the movie for this book. i'd like to know if this is still in the works and also whether or not souljah has written any other books.

By Dee on Sunday, February 5, 2006 - 07:52 pm:

I think the book was great! One of the most realistic Ive read.

By Cole wynters on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 05:19 pm:

The Coldest Winter Ever was indeed the best book I ever read! I was on jury duty and was trying to sneak a peep at the book. It should definitely be made into a major film, not something on cable. I see Megan Goode as Winter, Giancarlo Esposito as her father, Vivica A. Fox as the mother and the Afican actor from the Amistad as Midnight.

By V on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 12:23 am:

LOOK,guys,last time v was on jury duty was in ,75,at that time,v was the FORMAN,v put some guy in prison for 6 years.

By Drea on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 01:30 am:

please if any one hears about the movie let me know at dominino20022YAHOO.COM.

By Deseraz White on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 12:00 am:

This book is great its wonderful. im not even done with it and ive already started crying Im on chapter 19 though and I already know that this is going do be the best book ive ever read. Ive already got a little tear in my eye.This book is fantastico. Audios

By agatha on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 05:59 pm:

How does this thread keep getting so much business? I took this book out of the library recently and read it. It was interesting. Not the best book I've ever read, but interesting and I can see why the teens dig it. I wonder if some might have missed the moral, though.

By LADY DI on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 02:40 am:

SISTA SOULJAH NEEDS TO DO A SEQUEL TO THIS BOOK.I HAVE A FRIEND WHO TRIED TO GET ME TO READ THIS BOOK WHEN IT FIRST HIT THE STANDS BUT I PUT OFF READING THE BOOK. I WAS TRYIMG TO EVACUATE MY FAMILY DURING HURRICANE KATRINA AND IN THE MIST OF DOING SO I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK TO FREE MY MINE OF THE DEVESTATION THAT WAS UNFOLDING BACK IN NEW ORLEANS. I TELL YOU THIS WAS A GREAT BOOK. I REALLY WISH SOULJAH COME WITH PART TWO I WOULD LOVE TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO WINTER UPON HER RELEASE FROM JAIL!!!!!!!!!!! SOULJAH DO YOUR THING YOUR FANS ARE WAITING DON'T LEAVE US HANGING

By LADYDI on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 02:46 am:

FINALLY A BOOK ABOUT THE BLOCK THAT MOST GIRLS GROWING UP IN THE HOOD CAN RELATE TO!!!!! YOU CAN REST ASSURE THERE'S A WINTER SANTIAGO IN EVERY CITY AND EVERY HOOD IF ONLY THE TRUE MESSAGE FROM THIS BOOK CAN WAKE UP THE SLEEPERS THE BLACK COMMUNITY CAN REST A LITTLE BETTER LETS JUST LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER EACH ONE SAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! WAITING ON THE OTHER MAN WE BETTER HELP OURSELVES

By Lilmama on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 04:00 pm:

The coldest winter ever was the most fascinating book i have read. i just wish it could be a part two and a movie because i will be up on it asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well just keep up the good work and please gon head and make a movie!!!!!!

By Crunkmama on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 04:06 pm:

The coldest winter ever was one of the crunkest books i have ever read but at some points it can be sad. it brings a good feeling to all the black gurls especially me anyway because it's just like my hood and what sum gurls do. the drug dealers on the block trying to make a couple of dollars.but anyways i hust hope you can make a movie because i will be up on it asap ya feel me!!!!!!!!!!! go head sista souljah***********

By Keedy on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 01:30 pm:

This book was great. I started reading and finished in one day. literally. But when i got to the end i wanted more. I hope SS is reading this. bc this book was published years ago. And I so need to know what will happen with Winter when she gets out and also about her sister. Will she lead the same life as Winter, bc from the ending she will.

To SS: You do not have to publish a whole new book but drop me a email and tell me (only) what happen to Winter after release and her sister also. Im a phen like a crackhead. Please help. sorry other readers. lol

BRING THE MOVIE ON.

By agatha on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 07:45 pm:

And yet another! What gives? This book was published over six years ago!

By jack on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 12:27 am:

i love this thread.

By Kia on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 02:45 pm:

The Coldest winter ever was the sadiest book i ever read in my entire life i felt that it was real and i think it had enede sadly.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact